• Show
Clear All
  • Pwoffey
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2013
    • Adelaide

Kaon cargo barrier

Following on from this thread:

I have now received the new brackets suitable for the 5-seater Paj and have installed this half cargo barrier:
    Attached Files
    BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front, Dobinson IMLrear shocks with Kings 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears
  • flyboy
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2017
    • SA

Can second this as being an awesome bit of kit.

Took me 5 mins to install.

Now I can remove my cargo barrier in about 2 mins just by undoing two hand screws and lifting up the second row headrests. Takes all of about 1 minute.

Now we have a seven seater again and our kids can bring their mates in the car.

Powder coating, quality of fittings etc. excellent. Even postage was only four business days from Queensland.

Comment

• oscaroo
      • Dec 2017
      • Sydney

Yep. I like my Kaon too.
      I added the aluminium Bunnings fly screen to it so that the big gaps it has are smaller.

This is to save me from any flying forks or small bits in case of an accident.

Comment

• Pickle
        Administrator
        • Jun 2007
        • All over Oz

Ordered one yesterday, out of stock and a two week wait for another batch made up
        What would be the difference between the five seater version and the seven....different mounting points?
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Pwoffey
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2013
          • Adelaide

The 7-seater Paj with 3 rows of seats has ceiling grab handles on each side for the 3rd row passengers. The 5 seater Paj with 2 rows of seats still has the threaded holes for the 3rd row grab handles, but it does not have the handles themselves, just plastic caps to plug the threaded holes. The Kaon barrier attaches to the 3rd row grab handles holes BUT the metal bracket that does the attaching is different for 7 seater Paj and 5 seater Paj. The positions of attachment are the same for both 7 and 5 seater Paj (since the holes for grab handles/no grab handles are in the same position), but the holes in the bracket for the 5 seater have a much narrower diameter so that the head of the affixing bolt has metal to abut against. The holes in the bracket for the 7 seater have a larger diameter - which is OK for the hardware existing when grab handles are present - but far too large to trap the bolt in a 5 seater.

I very carefully measured out a template for ceiling brackets for the 5 seater Paj, sent them to Kaon, and they kindly fabricated brackets suitable for my Paj. I am certain they would supply anyone else with a 5 seater the appropriate brackets, especially now they have the pattern. You would just need to tell them, because a 7 seater with grab handles is their default. In case it is relevant to anyone, I used M5 12mm tension bolts to affix the ceiling brackets into the grab handle holes. 2 bolts each side. All the other fixings are supplied by Kaon and are the same as those supplied for the 7 seater Paj. I told Kaon what I used, so if you get the barrier with the brackets for the 5 seater they may very well supply these bolts in the package.
          BY13/MY14 Pajero NW GLX Auto, Cooper ST Maxx, factory towbar, Drifta drawers, SmartBar, Airtec snorkel, Koni Raid 90 front, Dobinson IMLrear shocks with Kings 34-HD springs front, 35-EHD rear, Brown Davis i/c, sump and transmission bash plates, Piranha diff breathers, Fuel Manager pre-filter, LRA 81L auxiliary fuel tank, Piranha steel battery tray, Sherpa 9500 lb winch, HPD catch can, LockUp Mate, Harrop front e-locker, DBA T3 rotors and Xtreme pads, Mark's 4WD reduction gears

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X