• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bru9
    Valued Member
    • Jun 2014
    • Victoria

Conqueror UEV 440 vs Drifta Dot 6?

Trying to decide on these two campers with outside kitchen, here are just my views.

Whats better on the Conqueror:

- Better sleeping area-easier to access more space to sleep 4 people.
    - Better stove & larger fridge. The DOT's 47L is simply too small.
    - larger water tank.
    - air con option
    - can come with the ostrich wing 270 awning which is as far as I can tell the best 270 for quick stops.

Whats better on the DOT:

- alot lighter which is essential for offroading with a soft 4wd like the paj.
    - can store alot more things & fuel/water jerries too.
    - overall quicker setup times with sleeping area.
    - the awning is not as high to reach when setting up thanks to actuators.
    - alot better kitchen serving space, the UEV really has none.
    - awning poles can be lowered to help with pooling.
    - Better shower setup as the head can easily be set in place above on frame.

The biggest turn off with the UEV440 is the weight & TBM along with a lousy kitchen (no real sink or serving space) for that price. would need to bring along an extra fold table.
    With the DOT it's the lacking kitchen (small fridge, cheapo stove, make shift uncomfortable sink setup) & the annoyance to climb into & out of RTT.

I have looked at many other brands but none appeal to me like these two.
    2000 NM Exceed Auto V6 3.5
  • Hatto
    Valued Member
    • Nov 2013
    • Mandurah WA

I know nothing about either but from what you've said it sounds to me like the conqueror is the way to go if taking a folding table and sink tub will solve it's flaws.
    Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
    ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• BBP
      • Oct 2007
      • Canberra

Or contact Drifta and get it changed to suit. I'm sure they would, for a price.

Comment

• Dicko1
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2014
        • Cairns, FNQ

I,d buy a well made off road trailer and set it up myself. Keep it simple, save heaps and have the enjoyment of knowing its how you want it. Too many of these camper trailers are way too flashy and overweight. Simple trailer, good tarp and a quick set up tent...30 mins and your sitting back with a beer.
        Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Poita
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2010
          • Adelaide

Why not a standard soft or hardfloor camper? Much lighter, can get really nice kitchens etc. Awnings take longer to setup, but we just use our car's awning for quick stops and overnighters.
          NW VRX MY2013
          Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• Bru9
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2014
            • Victoria

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
            I,d buy a well made off road trailer and set it up myself. Keep it simple, save heaps and have the enjoyment of knowing its how you want it. Too many of these camper trailers are way too flashy and overweight. Simple trailer, good tarp and a quick set up tent...30 mins and your sitting back with a beer.
            30mins is too long a time for touring, has to be under 10mins. Most the Chinese campers take upwards of 20-25mins. From watching all the drifta videos I gather the DOT can be fully setup in around 5mins. Your standard overlander 4wd usually sets up in about 3mins max I think.

Comment

• Bru9
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2014
              • Victoria

Originally posted by BBP View Post
              Or contact Drifta and get it changed to suit. I'm sure they would, for a price.
              I wish Drifta would use the Bundutop RTT.

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Bru9 View Post
                30mins is too long a time for touring, has to be under 10mins. Most the Chinese campers take upwards of 20-25mins. From watching all the drifta videos I gather the DOT can be fully setup in around 5mins. Your standard overlander 4wd usually sets up in about 3mins max I think.

Quick set up tent....4 mins. Pull out kitchen on trailer 2 mins and if you put a fox wing awning on trailer 4 mins. If your missus helps there is no reason why you couldnt do it well and truly under 10 minutes.
                Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• old Jack
                  Regular
                  • Jun 2011
                  • Adelaide, South Australia.

If I was in the market for a 4 bed, off road camper trailer then the Camprite TLS 8 would be my first choice as it gives you 4 beds and dining off the ground, quick setup for overnighter's in a compact and lightweight trailer.

OJ.
                  2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                  MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

You can go mad trying to decide what to get. Take your time though as everything is a compromise. I,m lucky in the fact that I only have to set up for myself as the missus is over the camping/travelling scene. If possible try to rent/hire your intended van/camper for a weekend to see how it goes.
                    Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• glsgls
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2007

my 10 cents worth, both very nice camper imo, get a ultimate camper king size bed very lite to tow in side kitchen if the weather turns bad just a bloody good camper too much choice good luck with what you choose

Comment

• cannonsjs
                        • Mar 2014
                        • Melbourne

Have you looked at Lifestyle Camper Trailers? Sounds like one of their models could be a pretty good fit for what you're looking for..

Discover our range of off-road hybrid caravans and camper trailers. Outstanding build quality and value for money, Australian manufactured 4x4 hybrids.
                        2016 NX Pajero GLX - Bushkinz Bash Plates, 50mm Ultimate Suspension Lift, Uniden 8050S, Projecta Dual Battery Kit, Kuhmo AT51
                        2014 PC Challenger Base - Bushskinz & MM Bash Plates, Uniden 8050S, Projecta Dual Battery Kit, Falken Wildpeak AT02

Comment

• Frawls
                          • May 2016
                          • Eltham

What about Patriot X1?

Comment

• Bru9
                            Valued Member
                            • Jun 2014
                            • Victoria

As much as I hate the fact camper trailers are a burden in a handful of ways (cost, weight, extra work, builtin regret, ongoing costs etc)

A 4wd is said to have a lifespan of 10-20yrs 200-300,000Km before it can become pointless to upkeep vs. buying another newer 4wd, they simply don't make 4wds to last or to take huge loads & the tough 4wds are slowly being weeded out.
                            The amount of work to store things specific to a 4wd is too big for me if your buying a another 4wd every 10-15years, as life is too short- unless you got the cash to pay some mob to make you the exact setup you want.

So to conclude: a camper is built far better for tough conditions than what 4wd manufactures would ever dare do, better to do all camping in camper trailer & just buy a new 4wd every now & then keeping the mods on it simple. That's the way I see it, best efficient approach.

Comment

• Aloa9061
                              • Jun 2013
                              • Sydney

First things.

Drifta- if you want it just ask and they will sort it out

I bought the dot 6 army with a few additions in jan.

Thoughts after about 18 nights

overnight fast stops are so easy. for overnights we often chuck the kids in with us and we have had the kids in bed in under 5 minutes.

I had built in sinks before and was skeptical about using the tubs but it is a pleasure.
                              fridge is fine if its a second fridge. We have a 65l waeco in the car and now that i have the 47l i wish the car one was a bit smaller.

For longer than pone night we have an oztent which we stick the edge under the roof top tent.

Shower setup is awesome and kitchen has lots of useful space. The second layer on the L shape is great for storage while washing up or cleaning.

If I were to buy right now I would have bought either the Ikamper or probably the new drifta RTT and got the 270 awning. this is mainly to be able to have all the bedding etc setup permanently. Love the weight and the storage space plus the build quality and Drifta service.

Also if you get anything get the D035 hitch. an absolute pleasure compared to standard hitches.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X