• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • saj
    • Aug 2010
    • Northern Nsw

Pat Callinan changes drives to Amarok.

Yep , Nissan Gooooooone , Hello Amarok.... :-)
    [x_section style=”margin: 0px 0px 0px 0px; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; “][x_row inner_container=”false” marginless_columns=”false” bg_color=”” style=”margin: 0px auto 0px auto; padding: 0px 0px 0px 0px; “][x_column bg_color=”” type=”1/1″ style=”padding: 0px…
    2006 NP VRX DiD. Dual Batts 80Amp. 2"lovells and bilsteins. Polyairs. Clic-on Ipad Holder. ARB awning
  • Dicko1
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2014
    • Cairns, FNQ

1 hour long advertising shows...
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• saj
      • Aug 2010
      • Northern Nsw

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
      1 hour long advertising shows...
      Pretty much , maybe 10mins of content, that's it!!
      2006 NP VRX DiD. Dual Batts 80Amp. 2"lovells and bilsteins. Polyairs. Clic-on Ipad Holder. ARB awning

Comment

• Poita
        Valued Member
        • Sep 2010
        • Adelaide

He is using General Grabbers as well, which quite a few people (including myself) like on here. Will be interesting to see how they fair. Nice to see a change from the standard Coopers/BFG/Mickey marketing!

Are his DVDs that bad? I have been looking for some to buy as I am over 4WD actions pushing of cheap crappy brands every 2 sentences. Roothy's Lowrange is another option but I haven't seen a full episode of either yet...
        NW VRX MY2013
        Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• G Potter
          • Apr 2012
          • Colac

Obviously VW Have the largest budget for the next three years to keep Pat smiling. At least he didnt go to the complete dark side of toyota.
          Probably he will have some decked out nissans for sale soon. Oh well keep the sunny side up.
          Greg

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by Poita View Post
            He is using General Grabbers as well, which quite a few people (including myself) like on here. Will be interesting to see how they fair. Nice to see a change from the standard Coopers/BFG/Mickey marketing!

Are his DVDs that bad? I have been looking for some to buy as I am over 4WD actions pushing of cheap crappy brands every 2 sentences. Roothy's Lowrange is another option but I haven't seen a full episode of either yet...

Save your money.

Get a you-tube download software (YTD VIDEO DOWNLOADER) and there are heaps of real 4wd off road action clips. A few are by sponsors but many are from ordinary folk not out to grab your dollars by selling dvd,s or marketing crap. There are some excellent Cape York ones available as well as the usual water crossings and hill climbs. Much better than a choreographed dvd.

cheers
            Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• MTN-KAT
              Valued Member
              • Jun 2009
              • Gold Coast

VW Amarook is made in Argentina!! Ah, I can hear the castanets already.
              99 NL Escape 3.5L V6 LWB Wagon, "Aisin Auto", MM Alum Protector Bar, MM factory 'steel' underbody protector plates, Engine oil cooler, Transmission oil cooler, Side rails, Flares, MM Alloy wheels, HANKOOK Dynapro ATM LT tyres, Aftermarket Alarm, MM A.I.S. HPR15 Penrite engine oil. Penrite LS140 diff oil with 250ml LIMSLIP additive 7098.

Comment

• Smallfry
                • Apr 2014
                • Bowen Qld

[QUOTE=Poita;439413]He is using General Grabbers as well, which quite a few people (including myself) like on here. Will be interesting to see how they fair. Nice to see a change from the standard Coopers/BFG/Mickey marketing!

QUOTE]

Poita,

Those AT2's look very similar pattern to BFG's, are you using them now? Any idea what there worth & where there made?
                2014 Black VRX NW Pajero - ARB Winch Bar, Dual Battery, Hayman Reese H/Duty Tow kit inc Electric Brake module, Engel 40L Fridge, Sunroof, Tint, Boo's Bash Plates, IPF Spotlights, Kings HD Springs & Bilstein shocks 2" Lift, 58L LRA Aux Fuel Tank, AOB Quad Breather kit, Fuel Manager 2u secondary fuel filter, 120amp Anderson outlet, Roo Systems RTT, GME TX3520W 80ch UHF,Stedi Fog/DRL, Redarc Pyro & Battery gauges, Western Filters Catch Can, 150W Solar Blanket, still in progress

Comment

• MSF
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2009
                  • Sydney, Northern Beaches

I think it has more to do with Nissan pulling out than VW paying more.....

Nissan have pulled (or have said they will not be renewing their support) from a few lifestyle shows recently...

I've met him and worked with him on a few occasions and he is seems to be a genuine good bloke, I don't blame him for going where the money is. If you guys realised how much it costs to put on a show like that (ie, full feature show on Network Television), then you would understand why sponsors are required..

Comment

• Poita
                    Valued Member
                    • Sep 2010
                    • Adelaide

Originally posted by Smallfry View Post
                    Poita,

Those AT2's look very similar pattern to BFG's, are you using them now? Any idea what there worth & where there made?
                    They do look similar. I paid $280 or close to that from memory. They are a US tyre and made there from memory.
                    Yep I'm using them now. Very happy so but haven't given them to much of a hard time. There are others on here who have and bought a second set which is good feedback in my opinion.
                    NW VRX MY2013
                    Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• Dicko1
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2014
                      • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by MSF View Post
                      I think it has more to do with Nissan pulling out than VW paying more.....

Nissan have pulled (or have said they will not be renewing their support) from a few lifestyle shows recently...

I've met him and worked with him on a few occasions and he is seems to be a genuine good bloke, I don't blame him for going where the money is. If you guys realised how much it costs to put on a show like that (ie, full feature show on Network Television), then you would understand why sponsors are required..
                      Well aware of how much it costs because I have family in the industry. Just another bloke using sponsors and tourist destinations to have himself a good time and make money..
                      Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• conquistador
                        Valued Member
                        • Feb 2012
                        • sth east queensland

He'll have to have a manual as you can't get an auto with dual range.

I would much prefer mr4x4 on the telly than another cooking or reno show.

Reading through the lines it seems the feedback on the somewhat chintzy delivery, slick demtelesk production and editing may have been offered as part of the reason for parting company.

Back in the day Adventurers did swap allegiances malcom douglas swapped landrovers for toyotas. Back In those days though the manufacturers contracts I suspect werent potentially riddled with clauses as to being able to show such things as breakdowns or capability gaps. That above most all else possibly could account for the difference between then and know.
                        Last edited by conquistador; 02-06-15, 09:33 AM.

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2000
                          • Tasmania

Originally posted by conquistador View Post

Well thats pretty useless then!
                          NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
                          NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

• Dicko1
                            Valued Member
                            • Dec 2014
                            • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by conquistador View Post

I would much prefer mr4x4 on the telly than another cooking or reno show.

Reading through the lines it seems the feedback on the somewhat chintzy delivery, slick demtelesk production and editing may have been offered as part of the reason for parting company.

Back in the day Adventurers did swap allegiances malcom douglas swapped landrovers for toyotas. Back In those days though the manufacturers contracts I suspect werent potentially riddled with clauses as to being able to show such things as breakdowns or capability gaps. That above most all else possibly could account for the difference between then and know.
                            Malcolm Douglas makes this bloke look like a pimply faced schoolboy. If you both men out in the bush for a week I reckon Malcolm would have survived and done well. Mr.wanky 4x4 wouldn,t last a day without an advertisers product. What an embarrassing title..Mr.4x4...says a lot about a bloke..
                            Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• dean
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2007

I'm not sure about his quote that the show is Australia's most watched TV show but good luck to him and I'd happily to his job.
                              Dean
                              NM V6 since August 2000. Cargo Barrier, Satphone, Decent Suspension, Decent Tyres Eg. Any 10 PLY E Load Brand Not Important. Aux Tank, Rola Sports Racks/Basket, Decent Canvas Bag, Quality Esky. A Good Setup For Outback Touring/Desert Crossings.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X