• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ocean
    • May 2014
    • Blue mountains NSW

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
    Well, bugger me, who would have thought. Thanks for sharing.

Basically what I thought at the time too. The angle that the lock bracket grove sat in was different meaning even on full adjustment the original belt size was too long. That was the main diff with the cheap alt, charge and out put voltage was fine. I went back to the factory original alt because I was not confident the shorter belts were not having an adverse affect on the water pump speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Oct 2005 NP Diesel Auto, Roof Racks, Redark Brake controler, Tobar, Rear Suspension Air Bags, Turbo Timer, Oricom UHF030 CB, ARB Bar, Warn 10000 Magnum Winch, Old Man Emu 2" Kit, Bushskinz Cooller, Sump, Transmission and Transfer Bash Plates, Tigerz11 Rear Awning and Net, Tigerz11 side Awning, Dual Batteries, Cooper AT3s, home made steel rack, rear home made Draws, Donaldson 3 micron second fuel filter, ERG blank, all breathers extended and Integra side steps.

Comment

• Ocean
      • May 2014
      • Blue mountains NSW

Originally posted by dultim8 View Post
      All bolts are loosened off.

Should it be a straight fit though?

Really they should fall on if all parts are factory original and with the alt hard up against the engine.

I’m back to original, and find the only way to get the alt against the engine is to loosen the bottom bolt on the alt.

Now I have the bottom bolt just tight enough to use a bar to push the alt towards the engine approx 3cm from the engine is as close to the engine I can get with this method, that is enough to get the belts over albeit a bit tight. Getting to the bottom alt bolt means taking more off to get to it and it becomes a longer job, but as mentioned the belts then fall on easy.

Oct 2005 NP Diesel Auto, Roof Racks, Redark Brake controler, Tobar, Rear Suspension Air Bags, Turbo Timer, Oricom UHF030 CB, ARB Bar, Warn 10000 Magnum Winch, Old Man Emu 2" Kit, Bushskinz Cooller, Sump, Transmission and Transfer Bash Plates, Tigerz11 Rear Awning and Net, Tigerz11 side Awning, Dual Batteries, Cooper AT3s, home made steel rack, rear home made Draws, Donaldson 3 micron second fuel filter, ERG blank, all breathers extended and Integra side steps.

Comment

• dultim8
        • Feb 2010

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
        Is there a sequence for putting them back on?

Comment

• saj
          • Aug 2010
          • Northern Nsw

From memory the bottom nut to the alternator is a prick to undo.(in the worst spot) Grab yourself a double ring end spanner. The extra reach/angle it has will help with this nut.... Cheers
          2006 NP VRX DiD. Dual Batts 80Amp. 2"lovells and bilsteins. Polyairs. Clic-on Ipad Holder. ARB awning

Comment

• dultim8
            • Feb 2010

Just to clarify, the 2 alternator belts I have taken off are

MITSUBOSHI brand
            MH 014066

and the Aircon belt is
            MITSUBOSHI
            Denso 90861-09100

The replacement belts I have are

GATES V_BELT 11A0965 x 2
            And
            GATES V-BELT 13A0915

DO I have the right belts??

Thanks.

Originally posted by Ocean View Post
            Belt sizes with factory alternator are 11A0965 x 2
            A/C belt is 13A0965
            Likely the the common rail engine they are the same.
            If it is not the factory or exact match alternator you may need different length belts.

Some time back I was looking at resolving a different issue and purchased a cheap eBay copy alt in that case a had to buy shorter belts.

If everything is genuine you should not need to have the alt hard up against the engine to get the 2 x 11A0965 belts on.

Once the belts are on and to correct tension the tension bolt and lock bolt/bracket will have a gap of approx <2cm

Comment

• Ocean
              • May 2014
              • Blue mountains NSW

GATES V-BELT 13A0915

DO I have the right belts??

Thanks.

My bad dultim yes 13A0915.

Will go back end edit my priors.

Sorry!

Comment

• dultim8
                • Feb 2010

No problem.
                My concern was actually whether the belts that I have purchased match the belts that were on the car previously.

Do you happen to know if they are the same?

Comment

• Ocean
                  • May 2014
                  • Blue mountains NSW

No problem.

My concern was actually whether the belts that I have purchased match the belts that were on the car previously.

Do you happen to know if they are the same?

Don’t know about the factory part numbers.
                  However anywhere after market you go Bursons, SCA, Repco, Autobarn etc. will advise the part numbers I gave you. The Gates belts do seem better quality than the brand from SCA, forgot the brand name SCA sell, the cardboard sleeve is blue.

Comment

• TQ20
                    • Jul 2015
                    • Dardanup WA

SCA belts are called calibre, they are a reasonable belt but not as good as gates
                    it wasn't me , prove it

Comment

• GPC
                      • Jun 2012
                      • Port Pirie

Did this job today, just thought I’d add my experience and learning.

1Remove plastic upper fan cover
                      2. put car in gear to lock engine
                      3. remove viscous fan (4 nuts). Ensure engine is locked so it Doesn’t turn engine backwards when undoing fan nuts -risk overtensioning timing chain (it can self tension incorrectly like this), having fan out makes it much easier for access
                      4 loosen a/c tensioner as others described, remove belt
                      5. Remove bash plates under car
                      6. Loosen 17mm nut at bottom rear of alternator ( access from under vehicle)
                      7. Loosen alternator tensioner locking bolt
                      8. loosen alternator tensioner
                      9. Use prybar or hammering tool of some sort to loosen alternator, once loose it will move toward engine easily and tgen u can easily remove alternator belts. If u can’t do it easily the alternator is ‘stuck’ and is not pivoting and needs more persuasion.
                      10. Replace belts, re-Tension everything, tighten all bolts and nuts.
                      11. Run vehicle, check for squealing or noises.
                      12. Refit fan, plastic shroud, bash plates

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X