• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • allmitsy
    • Jan 2018
    • sydney

Engine Enquiry

Hello to all. I am after some precise information on motor exchanges. Can anyone tell me with absolute certainty if the heads of a 6G74 will fit on a 6G75 block and if so will the computer still be able to work correctly or will i have to take it and get it remapped for the 6G75. Thank you in advance Garry
  • NFT5
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Canberra

They will fit, with possible minor changes needed, depending on what they came from.

But, there is a huge difference in the flow rates between the two and putting 6G74 heads on a 6G75 block won't be a very happy experience.

Better to find some 6G75 heads.
    Chris

Comment

• erad
      Valued Member
      • Mar 2015
      • Cooma NSW

If you fit the 6G74 heads to a 6G75 engine you will have much higher compression ratio, and the engine will be more inclined to ping. Not sure, but I think that the 6G75 engine has a knock sensor, in which case hopefully it will control that.

Comment

• allmitsy
        • Jan 2018
        • sydney

hello NFT5 and thanks for your reply, i had a strong feeling about that but just wanted some sort of confirmation. Cheers mate

Comment

• allmitsy
          • Jan 2018
          • sydney

hello erad and thanks for your reply. i thought that might be the case as well so i would have to switch from unleaded to premium (not happy) cheers mate.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X