• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alexey2357
    • Mar 2013
    • Sydney

Clicks when turn right and break

Hi Everyone,

I started having a problem 3-4 weeks ago.
    It started clicking from the front. The further it goes the more often clicks happen.
    I heard the clicks when I was driving strait and was breaking(the click happens when break hard at 3-15 km/h) and sometimes when I was turning right.
    I also had clicking on a road with big wholes the speed was 3 km/h and the car started going well left and right and up and down.

2 weeks ago I had a good clicking when I went uphill and turn right. Btw, I on purpose decided to check turn left and all is fine. It started more often clicking when I'm getting out from the garage. Initially I do reverse back and then when I go forward I have to turn right 90 degrees it can do 1 or 2 clicks after 1.5-2 meters from stop position. If I press gas gently no click.

Just now I went to mechanic to finally check and replace drive shaft. We went for a ride and it nearly did not click. The road was wet and computer did not do anything. There was a moment when I had 2 clicks and another moment I had just 1 click. The mechanic said it is not the drive shaft. He said it can be bushing or suspension or something else. The problem that the road was wet and it was no clicking as usual.

What can cause this? Should I try to greese ball joints?

I read one thread and guy was describing similar problem turn right and break clicks and in his case it was ABS. How do I turn of ABS to check?
    Last edited by Alexey2357; 20-12-18, 08:20 AM. Reason: Slightly modified title & carrected the post
  • erad
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Cooma NSW

Check the tension in your wheel nuts. They may be loose, particularly on the right side. Also, check the little cap in the centre of each wheel - they may be loose. These are the simple things to check first.

Comment

• Alexey2357
      • Mar 2013
      • Sydney

Many thanks I will try.

Comment

• Little Devil
        • Feb 2016
        • Valley View, South Australia

Brake Pads

Are your brake pads down to the wear markers, they are known to make strange noises.
        My19 ZL Outlander Diesel Auto. Ultra Gauge MX, Uniden CB, 270 Batwing Awning, Catch Can

WARNING: Towballs used for recoveries can, and do kill people.

Comment

• Alexey2357
          • Mar 2013
          • Sydney

2 Little Devil

Thank you very much for your help.
          My driving habbit is not to break and roll to the red. 2.5 Years ago I have replaced breakpads by myself(front or rear don't remember). Then 1-2 Years ago I bought new to replace another ones and it turned out that they were nearly new.
          I will check breakpads soon. But before checking I would like to find out if I should have a look anywhere else as I will be taking off the wheels?
          May be I need to greese anything or just spray something with WD40 to try to find out the problem?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X