• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jeffrey
    • Feb 2015
    • Pinjarra WA

Power Steering box NG

Cheers to all,

I have an NG jap import 2.5lt 4d56t exceed. The power steering box is leaking and getting worse. So which is the best way to go either fix mine or get another one from the wreckers. I did read a post from wazza about a later year model box fitting the ng? any help would be great.

Take care to all...Jeffrey
  • moose1178
    • Apr 2015
    • Wollongong, NSW

Yep

Can confirm the 2nd Gen (1991-2000) steering box does bolt up. Did mine a few weeks ago.
    NJ 4M40T 5spd. 32"s, TJM Steel Bar, Drivetech LED Bar, sheepskin seats and a pool ball gearknob.

(Sold on)'90 V6 5spd with: 2" lift, TJM bullbar, extractors, 31" A/T's.

Comment

• TomW
      • Mar 2017
      • Melbourne

Yep, also did the same for my gen1. I had to file the mounting holes slightly on the gen 2 box to get it to fit but it was a very minor adjustment. I made a template from a piece of plywood using the old steering box then kept filing the new one until it lined up with the template. Probably also a good time to replace the power steering fluid and clean the filter in the fluid reservoir.

Comment

• Jeffrey
        • Feb 2015
        • Pinjarra WA

Thanks Tom

Hi mate,and thanks for your input as it does help because buying parts to ship interstate only to find out it does not fit is a 'Jumping of a high cliff offence' so thanks..PS No trouble at all with the Pitman arm Tom.

....Cheer Jeff

Comment

• Jeffrey
          • Feb 2015
          • Pinjarra WA

Gen 2 Power steering box

Great News just bought a gen 2 power steering box at a good price; as anything bought from WA seems to be gold plated so even with freight the price is still a $100 plus cheaper. Sometimes businesses just don't seem to get it, and I understand the need of profit, but greed and gouging I don't.

Comment

• TomW
            • Mar 2017
            • Melbourne

When I changed my steering box I did the pitman arm as well because the old one was completely flogged out and had lots of play. From what I was told there are possibly 2 different versions of the arm (different spline count I think ) however to make absolutely sure I was getting the correct one I took the steering box to my local Bursons and made sure of the fit.

Comment

• Zachman
              • Jul 2018
              • Brisbane

That Gen 2 info is wicked - mine is also leaking like a sieve, seems to be common!
              Gen 2 shopping list:
              - power steering
              - front brakes
              - master cylinder
              - ? (anything else super useful fit?)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X