• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ajayen
    • Jan 2014
    • sydney

Hema HN7 mounting bracket

Hi guys

I am interested in seeing how the HN7 mounting bracket looks mounted to the dash / windscreen ie how much it obstructs the drivers' view
    Can somenone please post a picture
    thankyou
    alan
    2014 NW Exceed
    MM alloy bull bar , MM tow bar , Bridgestone D697 LT265/60R/18 , King Wheels rims , CME 3345 UHF / CME 4705 aerial , Piranha DBE180 BMS , Tekonsha P3 brake controller , Piranha aux battery tray , Bosch M6 80 amp battery , ORS twin drawer system , ORS fridge slide
  • glsgls
    Valued Member
    • Dec 2007

I don't have a picture but I can say it does take up a lot of room on top of the dash board anybody have a better mounting position for the nh7 thanks

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

Mine sits so that the 2 bottom corners sit in the left hand side valley of the dash (to the left of the steering wheel. The corners just touch the dashmat and I have found this gives me a good view with very little loss of sight...certainly not enough to be classed as an obstruction. I am 5 foot 10 inches..(dont ask me about cms) .

Would post a photo but car is on front lawn and it is pissing down at the moment!!!!
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• glsgls
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2007

thanks dicko 1 ,would like to see a pic when you get time thanks, no rain in Adelaide atm need some

Comment

• Dicko1
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2014
          • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by glsgls View Post
          thanks dicko 1 ,would like to see a pic when you get time thanks, no rain in Adelaide atm need some
          I,ll get a couple in the morning....
          Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• green troll
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2015
            • Adelaide

Yep that's where mine sits as well. But I don't use it very often now unless off-roading. Prefer a steelie mount for iPhone maps and Bluetooth music.
            I've never found the on road mapping to be much chop on the hema.

Comment

• Calspec
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2007
              • SA

Not sure how you would go with the later models, but this is my HN7 install in the NM. This would probably work for NP as well or any models that do not have MMCS fitted. I removed the comparatively useless 4WD meter and put the Hema in there instead. No problems with satellite pickup. Installed an extension speaker to assist with volume. I have a reversing cam already hooked up to the JVC below but you can hook it up into the Hema instead.

A couple of angle brackets each side provides for full adjustment of mounting position in conjunction with the factory Hema mount so I could align it properly within the dash.

Is out of the sun, out of sight to thieves and does not hinder view of road.
              Attached Files
              01 NM Exceed 3.5l Auto, SVI LPG, Pacemakers, Alloy Bar, IPF lights, GME TX3440, OME/King Suspension, 2" Lift, Toyo OCII 75's, 2500Kg Tow Hitch, Milford Cargo Barrier, ARB Fridge, ABR Dual Battery isolator, Rear storage drawers, Hema Navigator 7, JVC 7" In dash DVD, TJM Compressor, 2.5T Hand winch and all the bits that go with it, and a 17' Jayco Westport.

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Attached a couple of photos of the Hema dashboard mounted.

The third photo is the most realistic from a drivers view. The flash from camera makes it look like it would be a distraction. I have also set the brightness down. At night it is ok as the night time programme softens the screen. I do not find it distracting. Technically it could be classed as obstructing but I,ll take that chance as I doubt if a copper would book me on that (hopefully)..lol
                Attached Files
                Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• glsgls
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2007

thanks for the photos guys mounted in the dash looks good will have a think about that one

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X