• Show
Clear All
  • NTX
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2010
    • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Paintless Dent Removal

G'day,

Has anyone had a crack at paintless dent removal on their rig? I am curious to see what results people have had. Disaster or success stories!
    2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.
  • NFT5
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Canberra

You already asked this question, here.

The answer hasn't changed, but I'll add that working from inside the car means that you can't see the dent from the outside - something that is essential in PDR. That's why all PDR techs use a light and/or sight board, so they can see what they're doing.

I've done the training and I have the tools. I deal with dents on a daily basis but I can still make a mess or crack paint using a rod. There is no such thing as an amateur PDR tech - it takes literally thousands of dents before you become competent. I use it to reduce a dent before painting, what's called "push to paint", although I find the glue puller faster and much more effective.

The important thing to remember is that a dent is just like a crater. There is a depressed part in the middle but there is also a rim or raised section around the outside. Getting the depressed part back up is usually easy. Reducing the high ridge around it is difficult.
    Chris

Comment

• NTX
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2010
      • Niddrie, Melbourne.

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post
      You already asked this question, here.

The answer hasn't changed, but I'll add that working from inside the car means that you can't see the dent from the outside - something that is essential in PDR. That's why all PDR techs use a light and/or sight board, so they can see what they're doing.

I've done the training and I have the tools. I deal with dents on a daily basis but I can still make a mess or crack paint using a rod. There is no such thing as an amateur PDR tech - it takes literally thousands of dents before you become competent. I use it to reduce a dent before painting, what's called "push to paint", although I find the glue puller faster and much more effective.

The important thing to remember is that a dent is just like a crater. There is a depressed part in the middle but there is also a rim or raised section around the outside. Getting the depressed part back up is usually easy. Reducing the high ridge around it is difficult.

G'day Chris,

Actually my previous question was more to do with access to the rear quarter section with the aim of PDR. But I do appreciate your input and professional guidance. A neighbour is talking about having some PDR work done on their two vehicles, so I may add mine to the list and save some grief.
      2009 NT Pajero. SWB X ARB Sahara bar. Xray HID converted Spot lights. Mickey Thompson STZ 265/60 R18. Unicorn Performance upgraded Intercooler. NP 16" rims under house, still no rubber! Rhino sports racks and Rhino aluminium basket and bag.

Comment

• Keithyv
        Valued Member
        • May 2018
        • Perth

I bought a cheap kit off eBay that uses a glue gun and a bit of a pulling rig.
        Good for small dents, worked okay.
        Unit is a bit of a toy but is a bit of fun.

Something like this

2014 NW MY14 3.2 DID GLX-R Auto. Champagne in colour!
        MM Lockup mate. King KCRS-35 rear springs. Monroe Gas Magnum TDT rear shocks. 3M color stable tint all round. Spare wheel lift kit. 'Dynamat' in all doors and rear cargo area. Pioneer AVH-Z5150BT Head Unit. Upgraded Speakers. Rear (2nd row) USB outlet. Factory nudge bar with LED light bar. Provent catch can. LED interior lights. Rear cargo area twin Andersons and Merit socket. Anderson plug in rear bumper. 6 channel TPMS.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X