• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RoJo Pajero
    • Aug 2016
    • Tullamarine

Hema Explorer High High Country Map???

Hi everyone. I recently purchased Hema explorer and DL the entire country maps using wifi at home.
    Now I know there also is High Country map that you can download separately, but for the life of me I cannot work it out. (and I thought I was tech savvy)
    Also somewhere along the line the map used 3.2 gb of my phone data
    How do I prevent this from happening? I ended up swithching it off and using google maps.
    Thanks for any advice
  • Poita
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2010
    • Adelaide

My Dad just bought a Hema HN7 and the provided maps are 4.29G. You don't have smart network switch enabled on your phone which automatically picks between wifi and cellular depending on which is fastest? As quite often the cellular network is heaps faster.

His maps included the High Country??
    NW VRX MY2013
    Jonny Tig FMIC, 3" Exhaust, RalliArt remap, Provent, FuelManager, CouplerTec rust protection, ARB bar, Runva winch, TJM Snorkel, Bilstein/Lovell/Airbags, full Bushskins kit, Asfir AC+fuel, Fyrlyt Nemesis 9000 spotties + LED headlights, Uniden UHF, RedArc TowPro Elite, BRC breathers, Honda sprayers, Automate lockup/paddles, Rhino platform/backbone

Comment

• grhyso
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2012
      • Perth

Hema's online guide to the app is very useful, it can be found here. That's for the android version, if you have the ios version go here.

However I just had a look at the download section and unfortunately there is no "only use wifi" option, in fact it has this warning highlighted at the top of the page, best way would be to turn off cellular data while connected to wifi to prevent your phone possibly using the cellular system if you have that option selected (as suggested by poita):
      Warning
      Do not attempt downloads unless connected to a decent internet connection. If you are downloading maps or sections of maps, there could be a large amount of data which needs to be downloaded. Any large data downloads should be done while connected to a fast stable internet connection, for example, ADSL via WiFi at home.
      Problems downloading data files are almost always caused by downloading over cellular (mobile) connections or poorly performing or mis-configured WiFi / Internet connections.
      It is not wise to attempt large downloads while on a cellular connection, unless you are certain that your mobile plan has a large download limit, or that you are not risking reaching your limit. Your ISP may charge for excess data consumed on your plan, and these charges can sometimes be excessive.
      It is up to you to monitor and manage your data on a mobile data plan.

As for downloading maps, in the app press the layers button on the top right, scroll down to the bottom under the My Map Downloads there is a button called Download Map Section, select that and a pop up box will appear, press other layers and the high country map will be available there. You will then have to select the area you want to download. I believe if you sign up to the ongoing subscription as an explorer pro user you may be able to download the entire Vic map without having to select the area.

Edit: have a look at Hema's youtube channel, they have some useful tutorials on there.
      Last edited by grhyso; 16-11-16, 12:04 PM.
      2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

See our latest adventures at http://www.treksandtinroofs.com

Comment

• grhyso
        Valued Member
        • Aug 2012
        • Perth

Also to add, in the app, if you go into the left menu and select settings i'd suggest un-ticking use cellular data for sync and unticking auto resume as these could start downloading when the app is open if you haven't finished previous downloads.

Also be aware the app cache's maps. So for example if you are out and about and have cellular signal and are using any of the Here map layers then the app is downloading what you are viewing, however is does cache that info so in the future it won't need to download that data. I found this out by accident as I was looking around where our last trip was on satellite images, that while out driving there the satellite image was available for my viewing, it surprised me as I run Hema Explorer on a tablet which doesn't have a sim card or cellular connection.

Where this can really catch you out is if you go back to the map view, press the layers button, any maps listed under the Active section i believe are ready to be viewed, so if that is a here map satellite image or road maps then they will be downloading that map for the area you are viewing at the current time. To stop them downloading in the background you will have to move them to the Available section.
        2010 NT GLS DiD Auto Silver | TJM T13 Bullbar | Lightforce LED 180 Spotlights | Runva 11XP | Dual Batteries | TJM snorkel | Bushskinz & TJM bash plates | Custom alloy roof rack | Sunseeker II Awning | MDC RTT | EGR Block | Bilstein/Lovells | Dick Cepek Fun Country tyres | Wet seat seatcovers | Uniden UH7760NB | Parrot Asteroid Smart | Morel, Soundstream and Kicker Audio | MM Cargo Barrier | Storage Drawer | Onboard water system |

Comment

• RoJo Pajero
          • Aug 2016
          • Tullamarine

Thanks Poita and Grhyso,
          Wow!!! I usually follow the rule "if all else fails look at the instructions"
          I have alot of studying to do ,

Comment

• grhyso
            Valued Member
            • Aug 2012
            • Perth

Originally posted by RoJo Pajero View Post
            Thanks Poita and Grhyso,
            Wow!!! I usually follow the rule "if all else fails look at the instructions"
            I have alot of studying to do ,
            I was only just getting a good grasp on version 1.9 when they released version 3, whilst a lot needed upgrading I have a lot of learning to do again also! The interface and app appear to be a skinned version of memory maps (just as hema's old hn7 ran ozi explorer) so maybe some of their instructions may be helpful if you can't find it through herma's own guides.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X