X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dave3006
    • Oct 2015
    • Lake Macquarie

Its also a pity that you cant browse the web on the screen via Android Auto. Why? At some times iot would be great to have the BOM Radar up while driving to know what weather you may be about to hit.

At this point is really is next to useless.

Comment

• terrycrf
      • Nov 2015
      • Gold Coast

One thing i found this weekend, will not read new 750 Gig portable usb hard drive because usb3 even when reformatted to fat32.
      Tried a family members older portable hard drive 500 gig usb2 format fat32 and it worked perfectly.
      Looks like we are restricted to USB 2 only.
      I am hoping a lot more apps become compatible with Apple Carplay, otherwise it will be limited.

Comment

• Pickle
        Administrator
        • Jun 2007
        • All over Oz

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
        Correct to all Tuck..... but went for a drive and the HDMI cuts out once you get up to about 10 kph...... now I have some more homework to do
        Well got around it cutting out now and all working on Google Chromecast
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Mundy55
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2015
          • Gold Coast

The list of compatible devices on the link to MMC doesn't list Motorola. Does anyone know if a Motorola Moto G or Moto X will work?

Comment

• Pickle
            Administrator
            • Jun 2007
            • All over Oz

Originally posted by Mundy55 View Post
            The list of compatible devices on the link to MMC doesn't list Motorola. Does anyone know if a Motorola Moto G or Moto X will work?
            Presuming they run Android 5.0 or later I would assume yes but it would pay to check with Mitsu Customer Service or a knowlegable salesman.
            Dave
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• adrianp
              • May 2008
              • Brisbane

Motorola G

Hi,

Based on my recent experience, we know more than the salesmen.

Motorola G 3rd gen has known issues with Android Auto, some of them work and some don't, just randomly. I couldn't get mine to work (very disappointing as it was almost new) and the only solution was to buy a Samsung S4 (one of the cheapest an internet search assured me it was compatible), which works flawlessly.

NOT all 5.+ Android devices are compatible at this stage. I expect things to change in the long run, so am I am keeping my Moto G in the box until then.

BTW, I really hoped I could use the Samsung for the navigation and the Motorola as my regular phone, connected via Bluetooth, but it doesn't work, as well, Android Auto automatically connects the Samsung. The good news is that I could make the Samsung navigate without any internet connection, just downloaded the regional map and turned off internet.

Hope this helps,

Adrian
              AdrianP
              2014 NW Exceed, 2015 NX GLS

Comment

• Pickle
                Administrator
                • Jun 2007
                • All over Oz

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
                or a knowlegable salesman.
                Dave
                Yep not a lot know too much about them yet. Starting to have issues with mine and Android Auto disconnecting after about six minutes . Anyway still working on the problem but maybe that latest upgrade might have put a spanner in the works somehow.
                Dave
                NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Mundy55
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2015
                  • Gold Coast

Thanks Adrian, et al.

I have been tossing up whether to buy the Motorola Moto X play, due to its great battery life etc but will have to settle on the Samsung S6 after all as I can't afford 2 phones.

Cheers

Comment

• adrianp
                    • May 2008
                    • Brisbane

Thanks Adrian, et al.

I have been tossing up whether to buy the Motorola Moto X play, due to its great battery life etc but will have to settle on the Samsung S6 after all as I can't afford 2 phones.

Cheers
                    I can't find the website listing the compatible phones, but off the top of my head, Motorola X might be on that list. The problems related to Motorola are with the G series.
                    AdrianP

Comment

• Mundy55
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2015
                      • Gold Coast

Adrian, there is a link at the beginning of this thread to the Mitsubishi website which doesn't list Motorola as a compatible mobile, hence my question if anyone had any experience with them. I would have thought android is android but apparently not. I don't want to take the risk of not working after buying a new phone.

Comment

• adrianp
                        • May 2008
                        • Brisbane

Adrian, there is a link at the beginning of this thread to the Mitsubishi website which doesn't list Motorola as a compatible mobile, hence my question if anyone had any experience with them. I would have thought android is android but apparently not. I don't want to take the risk of not working after buying a new phone.

FYI. This is not about Mitsubishi, but Android Auto, so still risky to buy based on this info:

The Moto X Android 5.1 Lollipop update is finally here in the United States, rolling out to three carriers in the US this week. Here's all the details.

Android Auto works with Android 5.x devices. But if you're really not sure whether your phone is compatible, there's a tool at android.com/auto/check that'll tell you if you're good to

cheers,
                        AdrianP

Comment

• Mundy55
                          Valued Member
                          • Nov 2015
                          • Gold Coast

Thanks, Adrian.

Comment

• adrianp
                            • May 2008
                            • Brisbane

Poor Audio

Maybe I should create a new topic, but, well, here I am, the sound from my Smartphone Link unit is much poorer than in my Exceed NW with a Fosgate HU (which is just good, and not great, TBH). I feel I have to do something about it before starting to hate driving this car, my question is, did anybody try this unit with better speakers? Changing the speakers would be the easiest fix, but I wouldn't want to splash on speakers only to find out that it doesn't help.

Thanks!

Adrian
                            AdrianP

Comment

• Pickle
                              Administrator
                              • Jun 2007
                              • All over Oz

So not all is lost when there is no phone reception. Google maps let you download an area before you head out there and will last 30 days on the phone.
                              Tested up the High Country over the last few days with no reception!
                              The mapping is very basic but still can get you from A to B without phone service.
                              Dave
                              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
                              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• Easykill1978
                                Valued Member
                                • Jan 2008
                                • Melbourne Vic

Originally posted by adrianp View Post
                                Maybe I should create a new topic, but, well, here I am, the sound from my Smartphone Link unit is much poorer than in my Exceed NW with a Fosgate HU (which is just good, and not great, TBH). I feel I have to do something about it before starting to hate driving this car, my question is, did anybody try this unit with better speakers? Changing the speakers would be the easiest fix, but I wouldn't want to splash on speakers only to find out that it doesn't help.

Thanks!

Adrian
                                • have you performed a phone firmware update?
                                • have you tested both android and iphone with the system?
                                • Are you running 2 EQs (one on the phone and one on the radio) when listening to music?
                                • after the above, have you gone back to the dealer to demostrate the problem?
                                • whats the FM/AM radio like? does it sound the same as the phone audio?
                                • is the speaker balance even?
                                • have you tested another android phone with your car, may just be your phone.
                                • have you tested other MY16 Pajero cars at MM for the same audio setup?

you need a comparison..

yes, upgrading the cars speakers will def have an effect on sound quality... but it comes down to the speakers one buys. and the cavity its placed in.

what you are after is the following

freq range from 35~22Khz (lower feq starting point here is better in IMO as you dont have subs in your car, sure it will compromise top end, but who listens to music at full volume anyways)
                                response 91db or higher.

the higher the response, the less power is needed to get more sound out of the speaker.. lets put it this way..

a speaker with 89db response will need twice the amount of power to produce a medium level of sound as one with 91db response. and a 91db speaker will produce more sound at lower volumes.

ignore all PMPO rattings (unless you convert it to RMS). RMS sound ratings is what you want.. keep in mind aftermarket units of the upper to middle range have 50Watt RMS amps built in.. and factory units tend to max out at 25watts RMS with poor db responsiveness and a bad sound curve at the upper volumes. also they tend to use low wattage car speakers too, saves $$$.
                                Last edited by Easykill1978; 09-01-16, 10:35 AM.
                                My Car is up for Sale => Link to Market Place

Has a current Vic roadworthy (valid from the 28/04/2016)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X