• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Aze
    • Dec 2015
    • Melbourne

Originally posted by mongoose View Post
    Thanks for that, I have an NW so might be the other style. I might have to wait until I get the bar and then order the correct one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If it’s a deluxe bar then it comes with the fog insert and you cut out the part where the fog light goes. The light clips into the surround and there’s a screw and spring used to adjust the aim up/down as required.
    NJ 3.0L Auto

Comment

• mongoose
      • Aug 2007

Thank you, great to hear. The Qvee ones might be worth a look as well but I think the Stedi’s look better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      NW Pajero VR-X
      Currently stock

Comment

• MLCE WILSON
        • Dec 2016
        • Sydney

Hi All
        just fitted Stedi fog light replacements in the ARB bullbar. Initially I wired up the Stedi's to the existing ARB DRL's but the the Stedi DRL's appeared dull. Based on the comments so far on this thread I thought I should wire from a direct source so wired directly to fuse 22 ( wipers) and still no improvement also tried the unused sunroof slot with the same result.
        The Stedi DRLS are dimmer than the ARB DRL's which is really saying something considering the ARB DRL's are feeble at best.
        Has anyone got any ideas.

By the way the LED fogs are great and I also replaced the low and high beam with LEDS at the same time and very pleased. Just need to get the DRL's set up correctly

Comment

• Turorit
          • Oct 2016
          • Adelaide

Out of curiosity I contacted STEDI about the dim DRLs. This was their response:

"In the early days some people did receive some from a batch where the LED daytime running light was not a bright as it should have been this has been rectified now, they can be seen int he daytime as per pics on our website.
          Please don't hesitate to reach out again if there is anything else you need."
          2013 NW GLX. 285,000km | ARB Deluxe Bar, Boo's bashplates, 4x4 Tough Winch, underbonnet dual battery & db140i isolator, D697 265/70r17, Rhino tracks & vortex bars, DIY rear drawers, Waeco CF40, 60L water bladder, 2.5m awning, Vlad TC mod, Provent 200, TJM Airtec, Uniden UH8060.
          --SOLD--1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. 348,000km 2" Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II

Comment

• Pyro1970
            • Dec 2019
            • Adelaide

Originally posted by MLCE WILSON View Post
            Hi All
            just fitted Stedi fog light replacements in the ARB bullbar. Initially I wired up the Stedi's to the existing ARB DRL's but the the Stedi DRL's appeared dull. Based on the comments so far on this thread I thought I should wire from a direct source so wired directly to fuse 22 ( wipers) and still no improvement also tried the unused sunroof slot with the same result.
            The Stedi DRLS are dimmer than the ARB DRL's which is really saying something considering the ARB DRL's are feeble at best.
            Has anyone got any ideas.

By the way the LED fogs are great and I also replaced the low and high beam with LEDS at the same time and very pleased. Just need to get the DRL's set up correctly
            Can you post a pic?
            I just put mine in and they are pretty good. But are more visible if you look at them at a bit more of an angle if that makes sense. As per the photos on the stedi website.

Comment

• MLCE WILSON
              • Dec 2016
              • Sydney

Just took these images now (work is a little quiet at the moment )
              They dont do the situation justice but the Stedi DRL's are definitely more visible from an angle rather than head on
              Attached Files

Comment

• Pyro1970
                • Dec 2019
                • Adelaide

Originally posted by MLCE WILSON View Post
                Just took these images now (work is a little quiet at the moment )
                They dont do the situation justice but the Stedi DRL's are definitely more visible from an angle rather than head on
                Yea that's about what mine look like too.

Comment

• greenie537
                  • Feb 2023
                  • New Zealand

Rehash of old post.

Is there anything on the market completely white/clear that is a direct replacement for the DRL's in the NX Deluxe bar? (Not the fog's) I liked the bright white factory DRL.

Cheers

Comment

• pharb
                    Valued Member
                    • Jul 2007
                    • Tyers,Vic

Originally posted by greenie537 View Post
                    Rehash of old post.

Is there anything on the market completely white/clear that is a direct replacement for the DRL's in the NX Deluxe bar? (Not the fog's) I liked the bright white factory DRL.

Cheers
                    From memory the NX "Deluxe" bar is actually a cross bred Summit bar (Summit bumper section with the older style, slightly smaller diameter pipe work same as Deluxe bar).
                    As such the Stedi Summit bar fogs/DRL lights fit. These have white fog and DRL. Might have amber indicator, but I have never wired it up.
                    PCOV Member 1107.
                    Daily driver NX GLX
                    Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                    Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                    Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• greenie537
                      • Feb 2023
                      • New Zealand

Originally posted by pharb View Post

From memory the NX "Deluxe" bar is actually a cross bred Summit bar (Summit bumper section with the older style, slightly smaller diameter pipe work same as Deluxe bar).
                      As such the Stedi Summit bar fogs/DRL lights fit. These have white fog and DRL. Might have amber indicator, but I have never wired it up.
                      Yeah, I saw those (also saw quite few complaints re the brightness of the DRL section of the light), though I was hoping to just get the flat DRL seperate from the fog spots.

Comment

• pharb
                        Valued Member
                        • Jul 2007
                        • Tyers,Vic

Yes, I was disappointed as well, so wired the fogs up as DRLs instead.
                        PCOV Member 1107.
                        Daily driver NX GLX
                        Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                        Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                        Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• greenie537
                          • Feb 2023
                          • New Zealand

Brilliant idea!!! Saved the day literally

Comment

• NFT5
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • Canberra

Originally posted by greenie537 View Post

Brilliant idea!!! Saved the day literally
                            No it's not.

Apart from the fact that it's illegal (at least here in Australia) it's inconsiderate and potentially dangerous.

Lights all have specific purposes and they're designed with outputs and beam patterns to achieve those purposes. DRLs actually have a beam pattern which is quite close to that of high beams but at a much lower intensity, so as not to dazzle other drivers. Fog lights are designed for use in fog, only, and have a beam pattern and intensity which is, respectively, completely different and much higher. To make matters worse, many fog lights, even OEM ones, don't comply with the relevant ADRs (or NZDRs as may be the case), producing much higher levels of glare. Most will have experienced the uncomfortable light levels output by late model Commodores and Falcons when the fog lights are on because the driver thinks it's "cool". It's not cool, it's dumb and marks that driver, in my mind, as a fool.

If you want DRLs then buy specific DRLs from a known brand manufacturer - Hella, Narva, Philips are just a few, not from some el-cheapo Ebay site who makes ridiculous claims but can't back up those claims with actual test results.
                            Chris

Comment

• grumpmeister
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2021
                              • Mt Burr SA

100% agree with NFT5

Nothing worse then people using fogs as DRL's, it's a bloody nuisance, almost as bad as the ones who insist on fitting high output LED headlight globes to standard headlights or upgraded LED headlight units that are not made for AU, it's downright dangerous & just blinds oncoming traffic.

Stand way back and look at your Stedi DRL's from the perspective of an oncoming vehicle, they are probably not that dull from that perspective...
                              Another legal option to try would be the Stedi DRL/Fog kit for the Ironman deluxe bar, you may be able to retro fit them for the ARB bar..
                              All the gear and some idea.....
                              MY15 NX GLS, AutoMate Pro, UltraGauge Mx1.4, Ironman Steel Bar, Kaon Intercooler & sump bashplates, Boos Rear bumper plate, KAON cargo barrier & shelf, Munji EGR delete cable, Provent catch can, Redarc BCDC 1220, 105a/Hr AGM 2nd battery, Snapshades (all rear glass) ........
                              Leave only footsteps & take only photographs

Leave the tracks & camps in better condition then you found them

Comment

• greenie537
                                • Feb 2023
                                • New Zealand

Originally posted by NFT5 View Post

If you want DRLs then buy specific DRLs from a known brand manufacturer - Hella, Narva, Philips are just a few, not from some el-cheapo Ebay site who makes ridiculous claims but can't back up those claims with actual test results.
                                Gosh almighty‼️ I don't want to blind anyone 🤣
                                Just out of curiosity, do you know if any of these manufactures make one to fit the ARB Summit/Deluxe for the NX?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X