Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Body and Soul

Body and Soul Discussion about the chassis and body, paintwork, cabin fittings, air conditioning, etc.

Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Default Plastic Christmas Tree Clips

Went to Mitsu yesterday to get a quote on 18 christmas tree clips. Almost fell over, was about $95.
I needed a few, but was also getting a couple of spares as I have a few installs and know I will break some.
Ended up ordeting them from Amayama.com. About $40 delivered. Still pretty pricey, but couldn't find the same size at any of the auto parts shops.
Cheers,
Andrew

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

How do you break a Xmas tree clip? Slide clip remover tool under head and pull straight out. They do wear out a bit after a few uses, especially when people bend them as they're being removed.

I buy clips in lots of 100 minimum, from China. On average that works out about 10c each but some of the sound pad retaining ones or the coloured ones are a bit dearer - about 30c each.
Old 2 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I think this has been in a bingle with the previous owner, and some where missing, broken and bent. I think i may have buggered one too.
Cheers,
Andrew

Sent from my CPH1611 using Tapatalk

2008 NS Diesel Auto - stock as a rock. Planning Tow bar, dual battery system, cargo barrier, bullbar, winch, lights, roof rack and suspension.
Jayco Starcraft 17.58-3.
Old 2 Weeks Ago

For the adventurous among us, I bought a pack of 1 million misc trim clips (about 16 diff types) for around $20 on ebay. Good enough quality but rarely is there one that actually fits what I need!

Buy cheap, buy twice
1995 NJ GLS 3.5L Manual. Toughdog/EFS suspension, 265/75r16 Toyo Open Country A/T II, 100AH dual battery & db140i isolator, Roof basket, 2.5m & 1.4m awnings, 22" LED bar & eBay HIDs, rear LED work lights, Waeco CF40, custom storage shelf, 50L aux tank.
2013 NW GLX. Currently stock as a rock.