Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > General Information > Bits and Pieces

Bits and Pieces Whatever does not fit into the other catergories.

Old 4 Weeks Ago

Default Camping in South Australia

We are heading to South Australia in particular the Eyre Peninsular in the next few days.

In doing some research about SA National/Conservation Parks it appears you need to book your camp spot online.

Does this mean that you can not camp anywhere if you have not booked. What happens if you arrive late/early. Can you still camp in places that you have to book for by just turning up and paying later.

In Western Australia we do not have this system except for a few of the very popular spots in the South West of the state. Most of our Nat. Park camping spots are done on a first come, first served basis.

Any insight/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
MY14 GLX-R Pajero, Modified Brown Davis Intercoola & Sump Plates, Bushskinz Rear Bumper Protector, Bushskinz Transmission & Transfer Plates, ARB Bullbar, Warn Zeon 10-s Winch, Cheap HID Spotties, Koni shocks with 40mm Lift, Cooper AT3, Ultra Guage,Stedi ST4000 Light Bar, HPD Catch Can, Dash Cam

To go where very few have gone before

Our Travels & Our YouTube Channel
Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajaru View Post
We are heading to South Australia in particular the Eyre Peninsular in the next few days.

In doing some research about SA National/Conservation Parks it appears you need to book your camp spot online.

Does this mean that you can not camp anywhere if you have not booked. What happens if you arrive late/early. Can you still camp in places that you have to book for by just turning up and paying later.

In Western Australia we do not have this system except for a few of the very popular spots in the South West of the state. Most of our Nat. Park camping spots are done on a first come, first served basis.

Any insight/advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Your info is correct - book online before camping (noting mobile phone/internet often isn't working in these areas). Unfortunately, just turning up is no longer an option (risk of being fined).

You also need a vehicle permit just to enter many of the parks, although you can get a pass for a holiday covering most (but not all) parks. This is also online before arriving.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Thanks spot01
MY14 GLX-R Pajero, Modified Brown Davis Intercoola & Sump Plates, Bushskinz Rear Bumper Protector, Bushskinz Transmission & Transfer Plates, ARB Bullbar, Warn Zeon 10-s Winch, Cheap HID Spotties, Koni shocks with 40mm Lift, Cooper AT3, Ultra Guage,Stedi ST4000 Light Bar, HPD Catch Can, Dash Cam

Old 4 Weeks Ago
Valued Member

I donít like the booking system either. We usually have a defined time to do a trip with no specific itinerary. If we like a spot we stay longer, if not we move on, the booking system has no allowance for this. And then if you find someone on your allocated site, good luck getting them to move especially if they have had a few drinks or you get in late. Not sure what the positives are if there are no rangers around to police it.
Old 4 Weeks Ago

Quote:
I donít like the booking system either. We usually have a defined time to do a trip with no specific itinerary. If we like a spot we stay longer, if not we move on, the booking system has no allowance for this. And then if you find someone on your allocated site, good luck getting them to move especially if they have had a few drinks or you get in late. Not sure what the positives are if there are no rangers around to police it.
I agree, although I wonder what members from the states that have the booking system think of it.