• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • rightback
    • Jul 2019
    • NSW

Originally posted by 2freeq View Post
    Im not even sure if im in limp mode or something else is wrong. I thought limp mode restricted the rpm and speed. I can rev out to red line just slowly. I can drive at 100kph but only on flat or downhill, just takes a long time to get up to speed. If there is any sort of uphill my speed drops to 30kph. I'm only getting 2psi boost above atmospheric pressure and i noticed yesterday my EGR is reading zero. I'm only getting a P1499 code and if i try to clear that code the engine light flicks off the straight back on again in a split second.
    Hi 2Freeq,

Im certainly no mechanic, but the symptoms sound very similar to what I was experiencing last year. Loss of power, unable to get past 30kms etc.

In the end I replaced the small rubber hose from the manifold to MAP sensor. That fixed it for a while, eventually the issue came back and I had the MAP sensor replaced, car has been fine since.

Could be that some crap has blocked the hose when you cleaned your manifold?

Hope thats of some help.

Comment

• kiwi horan
      • Sep 2014
      • Melbourne

Remove the sensor hose and poke a thin wire into the manifold to make sure the nipple isn't blocked
      Pajero NS 2008 Exceed MY07

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X