• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glennjenn
    • Apr 2019
    • Sydney

2nd row drivers side seat problem

Guys, at a recent service the mechanic tried to change the fuel filter (2004 3.8 Exceed) the knob to fold the seat flat works fine but the handle on end of seat base to lift it up just rotates (not freely). Anyone had issues with this handle? I don’t want to have to reupholster the leather seat every time we need to service the fuel filter.
    9/2003 3.8 Exceed
  • xflamedancer
    • Mar 2010
    • Perth

I've found that if you lower the back of the seat flat, do it slowly and as you do pull up on the back of the seat base, it should lift. I hope that makes sense.
    The two most abundant things in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity
    Harlan Ellison

Comment

• gaz1
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Blue Mountains NSW

Not sure that I understand what you are saying.......the handle to fold the seatback down onto the seat section, and also then then to fold the entire thing up against the back of the front seat, is actually high on the back of the seat you are trying to fold. It is a bit troublesome on some vehicles - my NM never gave any trouble, but my current NT is intermittent.
      The way I make it work is by standing in the open doorway, put your left hand behind the seatback, a few inches below the top of the seatback, and find the lever in question. Pull it upward and hold it in that position as you fold the seatback forward - you should hear a few clicking noises as it get close to fully down, keep the pressure on the lever all the time, don't let it return to its original position, and then the bottom of the seat should release and the whole thing can go forward.
      All the best.
      2010 MY 2011 VR-X V6. Stock standard.

Previously 02 NM auto V6 Exceed silver. Extra transmission cooler & transmission temp gauge, activated rear lights, Impco sequential LPG system, Redback (Wildcat) Headers, heavy duty radiator. Lovells shocks F & R, Polyair bags in rear.

My original Pajero experience - '90 NG Superwagon, 3.0 V6 manual bought new and kept until 1998. Great vehicle, no problems apart from the noisy valve lifters typical of that engine.

Comment

• pajerover
        • Nov 2019
        • France

2d row LH seat reclining

Thank you for the advice.

I did not understand your indications but tried to follow them more or less and the seat folded and reclined itself against the front seat.

I did several times and it worked provided that the two levers are operated gently, separately in succession and not together.

First the lower handle should release forward at an angle the back part, not completely..

Second the button/lever behind the bact part should be lifted up so it release the locks under the seat

Third the back part can be brought againt the seat slowly and without pushing the whole thing down as you want this whole thing to lift away from the floor.

After these years, Mitsubishi should have looked at the operating simplicity of Land Rover Discovey 3 rear seats, pulling one small strap ..

and given some explanations in the car manual.

René

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X