• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Stinky
    • Jul 2007
    • Gladstone, qld

Originally posted by JRC19S View Post
    will this mount into a 2017 ARB deluxe NX pajero winch bar, in place of the fog lights already installed (which are arb lights that replaced the factory fogs)

do I need the additional wiring harness?

Thanks team!
    Should do. No additional wiring needed. Everything is already there from the bullbar install. The fog light is plug and play with one single wire to be terminated in your desired method for the DRL.
    Cheers, Mike
    The story so far.....03 NP with fruit -Sold.
    My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!

Comment

• tambo_man
      • Feb 2017
      • Victoria

I got mine installed but I am disappointed in the DRL's. they are hardly visible during the day.

Is that consistent with other people or are mine wired incorrectly?

Comment

• Scouter1
        Valued Member
        • Mar 2013
        • Sydney NSW

Sounds like an issue there - on mine they are a lot brighter than parking lights and clearly visible in full sunlight.
        2011 Silver NT GLS DiD Auto with extra bits - build thread http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=36099

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2013
          • Sydney

I would rate them as crap. They will be brighter if you get your eye more in line with the lights though but it seems a small window where this occurs. I plan to do something about them on my bar.
          NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• Stinky
            • Jul 2007
            • Gladstone, qld

Yep. Pretty dull during dsylight hours. Probably not worth the money.
            The story so far.....03 NP with fruit -Sold.
            My15 NX. ARB Steel Bar. LED spots. Dobinson MRR lift. Outback Exhaust Fat Pipe. Intervolt DC Pro Dual Battery setup. Provent. SPi module. MM4X4 Lockup Mate, Paddle Mate & Paddle Shift. Mako 12,000 winch with Dyneema.

I'm the boss of my marriage.....my wife said i could say that!

Comment

• tambo_man
              • Feb 2017
              • Victoria

I wrote to Stedi asking them if this is normal and they replied with the following:
              The level of brightness should be consistent with the images and video on our website. Certainly the brightness will start dim if the voltage drops below 10v. Low voltage could be a source problem, poor earth or abnormal resistance in the line.

I am going to challenge there claim of a DRL function if they can't be seen in daylight.

It would seem some incorrect advertising.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• stuartiross
                • Nov 2011
                • ACT

Put in a pair and haven’t had any issue with brightness. Surprised how bright they are even during the day. Had one led go out after a few months and replaced without question. Great service I think.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Stu Ross
                PB LS 2012, silver, manual, ARB deluxe bullbar, HR Towbar, Anderson plug, Neoprene seat covers, Uniden 7740, Lightforce 170's, Bushskinz complete set, Airtek snorkel, RedArc Brake Controller, Recovery Points, X20 Smittybilt winch, OME suspension

Blog : http://rossmob.blogspot.com.au/

Comment

• Pajshomoneroguntero
                  Valued Member
                  • Jul 2013
                  • Sydney

Originally posted by Pajshomoneroguntero View Post
                  I would rate them as crap. They will be brighter if you get your eye more in line with the lights though but it seems a small window where this occurs. I plan to do something about them on my bar.
                  Seems as though I've jumped the gun without reading the whole thread. My comments above are in relation to the ARB DRLs included with the deluxe bar.

Interesting to hear that the Stedi's are appearing dim too. These were the replacements I was planning to use.
                  NX GLS MY16 Auto: MM Towbar | Spare Lift Kit | Cooper ST MAXX 265/65R17 | SPVi Module mk3.1 | Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier | Torque Pro App | Donaldson 3um 2ndry Fuel Filter | Diff Breathers | GME4500 UHF | Rhino Rack Pioneer Platform | Roley's Rear Bash Plate | Bushskinz Underbody Protection | Airtec Snorkel | Onboard Compressor | Awning | ARB Deluxe Bar | Lightbar | Sherpa4x4 Winch | Bushskinz Sidesteps | Masten TPMS

Build Thread

Comment

• JRC19S
                    • Nov 2009

Ive got my stedis and im about to wire them up; i can see how to get the fog s in; question i have is which wire in the existing LED assembly should i use to connect to the yellow DRL wire? top or middle ?

I suppose i could find this out with a light and a wire but i thought i would ask...thank you

Comment

• tambo_man
                      • Feb 2017
                      • Victoria

Originally posted by JRC19S View Post
                      Ive got my stedis and im about to wire them up; i can see how to get the fog s in; question i have is which wire in the existing LED assembly should i use to connect to the yellow DRL wire? top or middle ?

I suppose i could find this out with a light and a wire but i thought i would ask...thank you
                      Sorry but I got mine installed by an auto-electrician. But when I complained to Stedi about the brightness they have stated they need 10volts minimum or they dim. Getting mine checked on Monday.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• green monster
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2008
                        • Adelaide

How did you go? Mine are also dim, have disconnected as they were causing an engine run on issue ! Booked in on Tuesday next week to get sorted,
                        NX ARB bar totally stock,, for now and the trusty old NM Exceed ,Injected LPG. ARB Sahara bar 12000lb Tigerz11winch,Lightforce genisis ,2x stealth LED bars, rear LED reverse light, GU Patrol black wheels 32"BFGs ,custom alloy roof rack with twin awnings,, snorkel, Milford barrier, custom rear storage ,triple batteries,fridge slide,Pioneer touchscreen unit, 50L Waeco,UHF,lots of scratches down the sides, new super powerful engine!,bash plates, 3" lift,polyairs Dobinsons,extractors ,Maxtrax

Comment

• Schulzy
                          • Mar 2015
                          • Sydney

How did you all go with the brightness issue on DRLs? I'm installing my Stedis this weekend.

2 things I need a bit of help with:

1. The original bumper harness wasn't put back in by ARB as they installed without bumper. I just replaced MM Alloy with ARB Deluxe on my NX after an accident. I have the bumper harness with foglight HB4 connector, but not sue where the plug is to reinstall it. Any ideas?

2. Where is the best spot to wire up the DRL yellow wire? Any photos of your installs?

Thanks

Comment

• mongoose
                            • Aug 2007

I’m planning on getting an ARB deluxe bar, does it come with the surround or would I need to buy the ARB fog lights just to get the surround?

NW Pajero VR-X
                            Currently stock

Comment

• pharb
                              Valued Member
                              • Jul 2007
                              • Tyers,Vic

Originally posted by mongoose View Post
                              I’m planning on getting an ARB deluxe bar, does it come with the surround or would I need to buy the ARB fog lights just to get the surround?

The ARB bar for my NX was a hybrid "Summit" bar. Bumper section was just like the classic Deluxe bars, but pipe work was bigger diameter like their newer Summit bars.

Fog lights are also different.

I purchased without ARB foglights so the bar is just fitted with fog light housings and blanking covers that are held in by a single screw on one end and a lug on the other.

I purhased a pair of Stedi fogs (different for Summit compared to Dekuxe). Took out original cover. Stedi's just clipped in. Original screw was redundant.
                              PCOV Member 1107.
                              Daily driver NX GLX
                              Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
                              Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
                              Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

• mongoose
                                • Aug 2007

Thanks for that, I have an NW so might be the other style. I might have to wait until I get the bar and then order the correct one.

NW Pajero VR-X
                                Currently stock

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X