• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • supraminipooj
    • Jul 2015
    • Alaska

km145 gearbox/driveline upgrades

Unfortunately I am having to have the trans rebuilt in my '85 2.6 petrol SWB NG Pajero. I was wondering if there are any "good idea" upgrades to take advantage of while I'm having the work done?

Thanks in advance

P.S. I am living in Alaska so shop recommendations probably aren't going to be beneficial. I also don't need the truck running ASAP, so I could wait for parts to ship from a Victoria local shop.
    85 SWB 2.6 Petrol 5spd under 100,000km, original. Mods: Yakima roof rack/basket, Pertronix Elec Ign kit.
  • tuffpajNT
    • Dec 2014
    • Darwin

i'm in the process of using the v5m21 in my NE. The final test drive is yet to happen. I'll update what was required once i know it all works

Comment

• supraminipooj
      • Jul 2015
      • Alaska

whats the benefit of the V5M21?
      85 SWB 2.6 Petrol 5spd under 100,000km, original. Mods: Yakima roof rack/basket, Pertronix Elec Ign kit.

Comment

• tuffpajNT
        • Dec 2014
        • Darwin

Improved 5th gear and redesign of the transfer case.

Comment

• supraminipooj
          • Jul 2015
          • Alaska

Doubt I could find one of those up here in alaska.....but thanks for the input.

Comment

• tuffpajNT
            • Dec 2014
            • Darwin

you could look at getting a brass elbow fitting installed so you can run extended gearbox breather. Those factory black balloons are hopeless. Had water in the gearbox because they are useless.

I posted how i did that on the V5M21

Comment

• supraminipooj
              • Jul 2015
              • Alaska

Might be why mine went out.....ive done a few creek crossings in her. Just not recently....

Comment

• supraminipooj
                • Jul 2015
                • Alaska

Clutch Recommendation

SInce the Trans is out im going to do the clutch as well(90k km and still stamped mitsu) any recommendations?

Comment

• tuffpajNT
                  • Dec 2014
                  • Darwin

Go heavy duty clutch. They are a little more expensive but typically they provide 15-25% more clamping pressure (great for 4wd with heavy load). Also might as well replace the clutch master cylinder and slave cylinder.

Comment

• supraminipooj
                    • Jul 2015
                    • Alaska

Yeah unfortunately no one carries a heavy duty clutch for these vehicles in America. Best I can find is an OEM Exedy clutch kit. Anything I can find from Australia basically wants to charge me the cost again in shipping.......

It's pretty surprising actually. I can get parts from the UK for my classic mini + intnl shipping to Alaska cheaper than from California, so I kinda figured it would be the same from Australia.

Comment

• Jim_James
                      • Sep 2016
                      • West Australia

It's Australian postage man. In a lot of cases for us buying stuff from eBay, postage comes in cheaper from overseas than it is from within the country. It's a joke.
                      1999 NL GLX 4M40 5spd manual work hack/bush basher
                      2009 NT GLX 4M41 5spd manual touring limo. ARB bar, LRA aux tank, Jaycar resistor EGR delete

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X