• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DaveDenise
    • Jul 2017
    • Victoria

Help with MMCS ISSUE

We recently purchased a second hand 2010 Pajero. It has a MMCS in it, which requires a map DVD. Our vehicle did not come with the DVD and until last week we were able to still use the radio, cd, reverse camera etc.. So a couple of weeks ago we had an issue with the clock Spring which we replaced, having done so the MMCS is now not working stating only that it requires the map DVD. We have contacted a few Mitsubishi dealers and some wreckers and have even been stalking other Pajero owners but have not been able to find one. Ultimately we would like to try and get one for ourselves. We note that Tom Tom have brought out Whereis and they advertise a map for Mitsubishis V22 but we are not sure that this version will reboot our system. Would appreciate some help if possible ... Tia
  • gjlinforth
    • Sep 2012
    • Strathmore

Hi, after the unit is off standby power (disconnected from battery) you will need an original disk for it to reload the operating system. Without it the unit will not boot up.

After that an aftermarket map disk should work for GPS mapping.

Where in Vic are you?

John

Comment

• DaveDenise
      • Jul 2017
      • Victoria

Thanks John ... That's what we thought. Located between Geelong and Warrnambool

Comment

• gjlinforth
        • Sep 2012
        • Strathmore

Hopefully someone locally can at least help you reboot it...

Comment

• Faereag
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2009
          • Aberfoyle Park, SA

Originally posted by DaveDenise View Post
          We recently purchased a second hand 2010 Pajero. It has a MMCS in it, which requires a map DVD. Our vehicle did not come with the DVD and until last week we were able to still use the radio, cd, reverse camera etc.. So a couple of weeks ago we had an issue with the clock Spring which we replaced, having done so the MMCS is now not working stating only that it requires the map DVD. We have contacted a few Mitsubishi dealers and some wreckers and have even been stalking other Pajero owners but have not been able to find one. Ultimately we would like to try and get one for ourselves. We note that Tom Tom have brought out Whereis and they advertise a map for Mitsubishis V22 but we are not sure that this version will reboot our system. Would appreciate some help if possible ... Tia

DaveDenise

I have previously purchased some of these aftermarket "updates" and they did not come with the bootstrap program. By the way, the Subaru discs work - at least v20 does in my AO1 MMCS and it has the bootstrap program built in. A wrecker might have one - worth a try. I am still using it and it has worked all over OZ so far.
          Regards

Rory

2010 NT DID Auto Platinum. ARB Bar; 12000lb winch; Light-force 240 spotlights; Bushskinz plates; dual battery with upgraded wiring; Diff breathers; ECU re-tune; 3" exhaust Toyo AT11's; Ultra-gauge and OBD11 dongle; Garmin 52LM; Icom UHF; Craig Davies transmission cooler with fan; raised EHD Lovells coils; Mann & Hummel Catch Can; Bilstein B6's; Firestone airbags; Tekonsha P3 controller; towball capacity 300KG; GVM 3110KG. Sunland Patriot SE van with a few other mods.

Comment

• DaveDenise
            • Jul 2017
            • Victoria

Thanks Rory

Comment

• Moya
              • Apr 2015
              • South west vic

I'm near Warrnambool so if your close one day pm me and you can borrow mine to get it going again ( if I can find the cd)
              PLUTO the NT Platinum - Bushskins - cargo barrier - dash mat - window tint

Comment

• dundee10
                • Aug 2011
                • Secret Harbour, WA

I downloaded the V20 files from gpspower, you have to download them then follow their instructions then burn them on to a DVD disk. works good.

Mitsubishi - Related discussions about Mitsubishi GPS systems
                Pajero NT Active DiD, MMC Stainless Steel Bull Bar, 9.500lb Winch, Overlander Roof Rack, Hella 4000 Spotlights, Uniden UH7760NB Radio.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X