• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • glids37
    • Feb 2016
    • Banksia Park S.A.

Listening to incoming SMS messages

G'day all,

I have a Nokia Lumia 530 'smartphone', which will connect to the PS multi display via Bluetooth. I can't use the full features of the display as Mitsubishi only support Android and Apple devices, and the Nokia operates on a Windows OS.

I can make and receive phone calls via Bluetooth, and while there is a bit of echo at the other end it is good enough. My problem is with incoming SMS messages.

When an SMS is received, a female voice asks if I want to listen to the message - there are supposedly voice commands that I can use to Read It, or Ignore or some such... the problem is that the woman's voice, and any read message is so quiet that I can't hear it.

I have turned the normal audio volume up full, and the phone is on full volume, but I simply can't hear what is said. It is not my hearing, I have had other folk in the vehicle and they can't hear it either. Shortly after we purchased the vehicle the woman's voice was a little louder than recently (still was not LOUD), but I can't find a way to increase volume.

I can't find anything in the PS Owner's Manual about this feature, and can't find anything in the Nokia manual.

Can anyone point me in the right direction???

Thanks,
    glids
    QE Pajero Sport GLX: Snorkel, BOOS Bash Plates, Nudge Bar, LED Light Bar, Allin Towbar, Redarc TowPro Elite Brake Controller, Uniden UHF, and other fruit.
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by glids37 View Post
    G'day all,

I have a Nokia Lumia 530 'smartphone', which will connect to the PS multi display via Bluetooth. I can't use the full features of the display as Mitsubishi only support Android and Apple devices, and the Nokia operates on a Windows OS.

I can make and receive phone calls via Bluetooth, and while there is a bit of echo at the other end it is good enough. My problem is with incoming SMS messages.

When an SMS is received, a female voice asks if I want to listen to the message - there are supposedly voice commands that I can use to Read It, or Ignore or some such... the problem is that the woman's voice, and any read message is so quiet that I can't hear it.

I have turned the normal audio volume up full, and the phone is on full volume, but I simply can't hear what is said. It is not my hearing, I have had other folk in the vehicle and they can't hear it either. Shortly after we purchased the vehicle the woman's voice was a little louder than recently (still was not LOUD), but I can't find a way to increase volume.

I can't find anything in the PS Owner's Manual about this feature, and can't find anything in the Nokia manual.

Can anyone point me in the right direction???

Thanks,
    glids
    whilst stationary try to turn up the volume on your phone whilst the msg is being played ...

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• glids37
      • Feb 2016
      • Banksia Park S.A.

The volume on the phone is already at high.

I can't see that trying to increase it further during a message would help.

Also, the idea of this system to read out a message is to avoid having to stop, the same as having a conversation on the move with Hands Free. You should be able to respond by 'Read It' (or similar voice command) and listen to the SMS being read while driving. Obviously, if you need to type a reply urgently, you pull over and do so.

If I have to pull over to turn up the volume, I may as well read the SMS off the phone.

Any other suggestions?

Ta
      glids
      QE Pajero Sport GLX: Snorkel, BOOS Bash Plates, Nudge Bar, LED Light Bar, Allin Towbar, Redarc TowPro Elite Brake Controller, Uniden UHF, and other fruit.

Comment

• bige
        • Apr 2010

press talk button on steering wheel
        once connected adjust vol. up with vol. button on steering wheel
        this vol. is independent to audio vol.

Comment

• littleriver
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2013
          • Queensland

Originally posted by glids37 View Post
          The volume on the phone is already at high.

I can't see that trying to increase it further during a message would help.

Also, the idea of this system to read out a message is to avoid having to stop, the same as having a conversation on the move with Hands Free. You should be able to respond by 'Read It' (or similar voice command) and listen to the SMS being read while driving. Obviously, if you need to type a reply urgently, you pull over and do so.

If I have to pull over to turn up the volume, I may as well read the SMS off the phone.

Any other suggestions?

Ta
          glids
          You miss understood .. whilst on blue tooth one needs to increase volume up on phone whilst first listening to msg .. spotify any audio .. yes your phones volume is set to max but not when it connects to a device .. everytime we connect to a bluue tooth speaker have to adjust volume up then it asks not to proceceed cause to loud. .. my money is on this solution
          2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• glids37
            • Feb 2016
            • Banksia Park S.A.

Thanks guys, I will try those two solutions.

Cheers,
            glids

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X