• Show
Clear All
  • smartm5
    • May 2010
    • Perth

Post with Pictures

Gary

Did you get a response?

If not PM me and I may be able to provide some assistance.

Regards,

smartm5

Comment

• DAUMULLER
      • Oct 2010
      • Capetown

NP spark plug change

Thanks very much for the write up very helpful for this job.
      It is a big job and to be done with care and attention to detail. Fitted plugs a few weeks ago now. Plugs I pulled out were identical to the new ones (Denso SK20PR-A8). Running well nil issues. Replaced Rocker cover gaskets and plug oil seals at same time. Also replaced both exhaust manifolds while I had the space to work. Just a tip, there was a bit of oil in the spark plug wells on most of the plugs (oil seals were hard as rock) but two rear (from front of car) on passenger side had a lot more oil in them. Sucked most out with a syringe with a small irrigation hose attached, prior to removing plugs. I was concerned that the amount of oil may be and issue in cylinder on starting the engine (a tea spoon or so would be fine which was in all the others). Rocker cover gaskets are a pain to remove and very time consuming.

Comment

• tinman
        • Nov 2009

I know this is 10 years past posting date but still very relative. Thanks For the write up, did my plugs today - and thankfully your write allowed me to get the job done in under 4 hours - Great Job mate thanks for your Guide

Comment

• Morten
          • Jul 2018
          • Aberdeen NSW

Brings back memories...didn't have a Paj, but a 3400 V6 Prado..plugs and a coolant leak...who in their right mind puts a steel welsh plug in the valley under the inlet manifold.. ..the engineers who design these motors obviously never have to work on them....

Comment

• rusty_discbrake
            • Mar 2018
            • Nowra, NSW

3.8 spark plug change

such a helpful thread, got mine done following the instructions, took a bit longer but so glad i found out this way to do it. it sucks thay Mitsubishi couldn't design a better intake setup and access to the sparkplugs on the 3.8 V6

Cheers

Rusty

Comment

• MadCatX
              • Feb 2020
              • Alberta, Canada

PDF with pictures corrected

Hello from Canada, new to the forum. My Montero is a pretty rare breed where I live.
              For starters, here's a pdf of the original post with working images...
              I've been studying this post for a couple of days as I'm in the same boat where I need to access my spark plugs. I'm pretty novice here so I want to be extremely careful. One of my spark plug cables detached and it won't sit back down again.

It's just kind of sitting in there giving me a misfire.
              Anyway, it's still too cold to be tearing this thing apart but I'll post pics when I get around to it.
              Cheers,
              Chris

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X