• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • tambo_man
    • Feb 2017
    • Victoria

Squeaky when towing caravan

Hi All,

I have noticed that when I tow the caravan there is a loudish squeaky sound coming from the back when I go over bumps.

Initially I thought it was junk packed in the back. But this time I had nothing in the back and it was squeaky like 2 polystyrene boxes being rubbed together.

Is that the rear suspension?

The back end does sag a bit when hitched.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
  • Poite91
    • Jan 2017
    • Adelaide

Hi,

Do you have the anti rattle bolt done up when towing? I know that this can make a squeaking sound. This is not recommended as it puts presher on the hitch.

Comment

• ticky
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2015
      • Adelaide

Have you greased the Towball?
      2009 NT VRX, Rear Battery Pack, 18" Bridgestone D-697, SPVi EGR mod, BushSkinz Intercooler & Sump Plates. BOO's Transmission & Transfer Case Plates. GME 3550, HID HB's and 22"LED Bar, Pioneer Avic F80DAB Audio/Coms/Nav system MM4x4 TC Lockup Mate. & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Pretty Stock but very Capable

Wish List: ARB Deluxe Bar & Winch, Snorkel, Diff Breathers, & 1/2 tank of Diesel

Comment

• tambo_man
        • Feb 2017
        • Victoria

Originally posted by ticky View Post
        Have you greased the Towball?
        Good question. I will check. When unhitching the caravan it does stick to the car and once had to jump up and down inside the Pajero to get them apart.
        Thanks

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Comment

• Stevenf
          • Oct 2015
          • Nsw

Had same issue. The squeek got worse over time. Found the bolts on the pajero's tow hitch were loose. It was the hard to reach bolts up high next to the exhaust. The car manual recomends checking for loose bolts regularly... dont know why they dont use nylocks?

Had another noise develop recently. Found the tow ball was comming loose. The spring washer was not completly flat. Think the tow ball was being rotated by a tight ungreased hitch.

Comment

• Ian H
            Valued Member
            • May 2015
            • Melbourne

If you have a WDH, that can squeak where the bars meet the tow ball assembly if not greased.
            2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X