• Gus
    Administrator
    • Mar 2008
    • Traralgon. Vic

Recall June 29th 2016. NS Pajero

Product description
    Various Mitsubishi models: NS, NT, NW & NX Pajero;

HERE

Note this thread is for NS Only & please keep to subject any threads opened will be closed.

Admin.
    VX 200 Series 4.5L Twin Turbo-Diesel V8 Landcruiser HERE
    NM Exceed 3.2 DID Auto Pajero. (SOLD) With a few Mods. HERE

How to get Forum Decals
  • Sam Pato
    • Jan 2011
    • Brisbane

By co-incidence I took delivery of a new clockspring yesterday which I was hoping would solve this problem. I have already changed the indicator stalk chasing the same problem. When the headlights are on I get a condition where all the instrument back lights go off and then my indicator stops working properly. Only works for right turns not left.

Wonder if MM will give me my wasted cash back........

Sam
    Pajero NS GLX 3.2DID 2008, SPVIII, DPF Delete, Inlet Clean, ARB bullbar, Pioneer Platform

Comment

• geopaj
      Valued Member
      • Jul 2007
      • Adelaide

Originally posted by Sam Pato View Post
      By co-incidence I took delivery of a new clockspring yesterday which I was hoping would solve this problem. I have already changed the indicator stalk chasing the same problem. When the headlights are on I get a condition where all the instrument back lights go off and then my indicator stops working properly. Only works for right turns not left.

Sam
      Good luck with that!
      Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• MyExceed
        • May 2014
        • Hobart, Tas

If your VIN falls within the recall, then they should
        Mark

NS Exceed V6, xrox bar with domin8r 12000lb winch, The Ultimate Suspension 2" lift, 265/70/17 BFG A/T, LED spots, LED fog lights, 40" roof mounted lightbar, OCAM alloy rack, dual batteries, Boos bash plates, diff breathers, Garmin 67LMT GPS, Tyredog TPMS, Uniden UHF, Engel MR40f in rear drawer system, external phone antennae, cargo barrier, dual side awnings, RTT, shovel holder, spare wheel lift

Comment

• jimnyjerry
          • Dec 2011
          • BlueMts

Thanks for the information Gus

Now to wait for a message from MM .
          2007 NS R shortie, smartbar, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guard, Bridgestone AT Duelers

I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days attack me at once.

Comment

• bwade1985
            • Jun 2016
            • Perth

Sorry if it's a bit naive, my NS falls I think within the vin range, what part is to be replaced as part of the recall??

The clock Spring?
            2007 NS Pajero - LWB. ARB bull bar, spotlight and winch. 50mm lifted. gunmetal grey. Black rims. Custom made flat floor to cover rear seats. LPG.

Comment

• Matty_P
              • May 2014
              • Bayside Brisbane QLD

Originally posted by Sam Pato View Post

Sam
              Hey Sam how much from MM for the clock Spring ? I've seen a couple of eBay items but no confirmation that they are for the NS.

Thanks
              Matt P

Comment

• Sam Pato
                • Jan 2011
                • Brisbane

It was about $25- from Ali Express - I'm going to have a bash at fitting it this weekend. I'll send you a PM with the vendor details if it works. The genuine was a fortune - even from Amayama.

Cheers

Sam
                Pajero NS GLX 3.2DID 2008, SPVIII, DPF Delete, Inlet Clean, ARB bullbar, Pioneer Platform

Comment

• P4J3R0
                  Valued Member
                  • Jun 2013
                  • Brisbane

Hey Sam,

Have a read of this before you start the clock Spring.

Cheers
                  NS Pajero, with stuff.

Comment

• Sam Pato
                    • Jan 2011
                    • Brisbane

Good on ya! - you're a champion. Should take 90% of the guess work out of it and I should be able to sort my earthing issue at the same time.

Cheers,

Sam

Comment

• dhula
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2012
                      • South of Perth

if it's not a "I need it done NOW" kind of thing, why not wait for MM to do it with a genuine part and keep the one you brought for a spare for down the track some time.
                      Saves you the time and stress of doing it yourself and you get to keep your spare for later
                      2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
                      2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• Sam Pato
                        • Jan 2011
                        • Brisbane

I understand that the recall is just to clean an earth contact. The clockspring is a different issue and unfortunately not something our friends at MM will be helping with.

Cheers

Sam

Comment

• dhula
                          Valued Member
                          • Sep 2012
                          • South of Perth

Ah-ha. Makes sense now.
                          Wasn't sure what the recall was and originally thought it was a clock spring replacement not a clean and lube.
                          2010 NT Activ, DiD+lazy shift. Bushskins+Boo's, Kings springs+Monroe shocks+Firestone Airbags, MM towbar, MM nudgebar.
                          2006 KJ Cherokee, CRD+lazy shift. Ironman springs and OME shocks, MoPar skids.

Comment

• Axis
                            Valued Member
                            • Jul 2011
                            • Highett Vic

Has anyone received a recall letter for this? A mate just got one for his Triton.
                            07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• spot01
                              Valued Member
                              • Apr 2011
                              • Adelaide

I suspect they will post the letters over a period of time, to prevent the dealers being swamped. If concerned, ring the dealer & book it in - no need to wait for the letter.
                              Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X