• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • richo72
    • Jul 2009
    • Perth western Australia

Rear door trim removal

Morning anybody have any tips when removing rear door trim on a Np ?
    Like, where to start?
    Cheers
    i mean the very rear cargo door
    Last edited by richo72; 16-02-12, 12:39 PM.
  • MickyDeee
    • Nov 2009
    • Seville Grove, W.A

Remove any screws that you can see anywhere and then all that should be holding it on are panel plugs which will need a little force to release the panel , some of the panel pins may need to be prized out of the body and then put back into the trim before refitting.
    NM 3.5 2001 Exceed, 20% ---5% premium tint, GME 3200 uhf, narva spotlights, factory bullbar, Bushskinz intercooler & sump guards, kumho kl61 tyres, Projecta 150 dual battery setup.

Comment

• Bennyboy
      • Sep 2010
      • Adelaide Hills

Pretty easy, had to do this myself a couple of weeks ago. The top section has to come off first, so remove the cover from the top level brake light, then the light itself. Remove the grab handle from the middle of the door. I think thats all that was screwed in. This trim is held in by Xmas tree type clips across top and bottom, with weird velcro fittings up each side. Start at a corner (I think I worked from the brake light cut out actually) and work your way round with a long screwdriver popping the clips off - the trim is flexible enough that you can actually see each clip as you work around - this made it the first time I've removed a door trim without breaking something!

The lower part is just as easy, start at one corner and work your way round popping the trim clips.

If memory serves, thats all there is to it.

Cheers
      2015 NX GLX5 Pajero with a few extra bits and pieces...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X