• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • THT
    • Nov 2009
    • Sydney

Mitsubishi Outlander Top the 10 Most Toxic car to drive in

Interesting article from AutoGuide.com. I always knew something must have triggered my addiction to the smell of new car and the feel of fresh new leather interior.
    It would be interesting to see a similar test done here in Aust and see how Mitsubishi vehicles perform against the others.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY09 X SWB DiD Black Mica. Electronic Rust Protection. Mitsubishi Le Mans 20" factory alloy wheels (Imported from UK). Dynamat Xtreme.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NT MY11 Platinum DiD Ironbark. Genuine factory alloy bar. Head lights & fog lamps protectors. Electronic Rust Protection. MotorOne X-Pack Paint & Fabric Guard. MMA Neoprene seat covers. Dynamat Xtreme. Stock as a rock!
  • Pickle
    Administrator
    • Jun 2007
    • All over Oz

That's an ASX. Well I'm as good as cactus, spent a bit of time in a few of them.

But it also scored well in the safety stakes.
    Mitsubishi may be one of the smallest auto manufacturers, but it's on its game when it comes to safety. The Outlander Sport compact crossover joins Mitsubishi's Lancer on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety list of

2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport Awarded Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) TOP SAFETY PICK

CYPRESS, CA, March 14, 2012 --

Mitsubishi Motors North America, Inc. (MMNA) has seen its eye-catching and versatile 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport compact crossover vehicle named a "Top Safety Pick" by the non-profit vehicle research and crash test ratings agency, the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS).

The Outlander Sport joins another popular Mitsubishi Motors vehicle offering - the 2012 Mitsubishi Lancer compact sport sedan (except Ralliart and Evolution) - in the elite company of production cars to achieve the Insurance Institute's highest marks for vehicle crash testing.

In order for a production vehicle to be named a "Top Safety Pick" by the Insurance Institute, a car must earn a "good" rating in the organization's crash test analysis. The 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport received a "good" test score in the following key areas of evaluation:
    Front impact crash testing
    Side impact crash testing
    Roof strength test results
    Rear crash protection/head restraint ratings
    With a starting MSRP of only $18,795, the 2012 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport provides comfortable and roomy seating for five, is powered by a capable 148 horsepower 4-cylinder engine that achieves an EPA-rated 25 mpg city/31 mpg highway and features energy-saving technologies including Electronic Power Steering (EPS) and a specially-designed high-efficiency alternator. Available options include an advanced Continuously-Variable Transmission (CVT), panoramic glass roof, 9-speaker Rockford-Fosgate? premium audio system, HDD navigation system and Mitsubishi's legendary All Wheel Control (AWC) all-wheel drive system.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

• kevbhoy
      • Apr 2012
      • werribee vic

i guy who designed the grill did a great job. rofl

Comment

• Ian Sharpe
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2000
        • Tasmania

Originally posted by kevbhoy View Post
        i guy who designed the grill did a great job. rofl
        have to agree its the most ugliest thing I have ever seen for a while, what were they thinking??
        NS shorty 3.8l petrol with winch, front/rear E-lockers
        NT shorty 3.2l tdi, pretty stock with rear locker

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X