Below Nav Bar

Collapse

upgrading mmcs with rockford to an aftermarket HELP needed for the adapters needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trd2nv112
    • Jan 2016
    • sa

upgrading mmcs with rockford to an aftermarket HELP needed for the adapters needed

i have read a few post but im still confused on which parts i actually need has anyone done this upgrade recently if so please lead me the right way..

i have a nw pajero exceed and i wanted to upgrade to my own head unit but keeping the rockford amp and speaker setup and retain the steering wheel controls.. i can hook everything myself as long as i have the parts i needed for this upgrade

any help would be appreciated
  • trd2nv112
    • Jan 2016
    • sa

MITO02 https://aerpro.com/mito02 ok looks like i need this.... please add to it if you have other suggestions

Comment

• NW_Exceed_MY14
      • Dec 2019
      • AU

I am also interested in this. Please keep us posted.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Comment

• steve666
        • Mar 2015
        • brisbane

any updates on this?
        trying to replace my MMCS also with android system

Comment

• Onsan
          • Aug 2019
          • Townsville

Having just gone through this, if I were to do it today I’d pull the amp.
          There was quite a bit of messing around having to install a relay to turn the amp off and while it does sound good, you don’t have full control of the speakers and sub functionality. The worst is that I have an subtle, but annoying volume surge on some songs.
          2011 NW Pajero Platinum

Comment

• gas55
            • Apr 2015
            • Port Macquarie

Have you looked at the Dig Options site?
            They have a head unit (and fascia) for both the MM ordinary sound system and the Rockford system.
            Downside is, they take nearly a minute for radio etc. to engage after start-up.
            Greg

Comment

• maphew
              • Aug 2009

I've just completed an installed on a Pioneer DMH-z5350bt double din head unit into our 2012 NW Pajero Platinum which had the MMCS and Rockford sound system.

I tried 3 harnesses which included and in the order of CHMB7C, CHMB4C, and the MITO-02.
              The CHMBC harnesses turned the HU on but didn't engage the amplifier = no sound.
              The MITO-02 (whilst not complete plug and play) worked the first time.

I was able to retain the steering wheel controls by connecting a 3.5mm audio lead to pins 22 & 23.
              Pins 22 & 32 are opposite each other, like this in the connector

-x--------
              -x--------

I got the factory rear camera working but was not happy with the quality of the image so ran a Pioneer reverse camera and noticed a big difference.

I also needed a facia for final fitting.

Good luck

Comment

• drgtr
                • Sep 2019
                • Rosemeadow

Amp on wire is white/blue one. So hook that up.

Problem i have is amp wont turn off if you turn car off.

You must turn stereo off first . then turn car off.
                Otherwise amp stayed no and drained battery!

I ran a switch to the fuse for amp and now I turn switch off too.

Comment

• OldEmmGee
                  • Jan 2016
                  • Adelaide

You could always fit a relay in series (run off Ignition)?
                  2018 PS; King Springs on rear; Nudgebar; Hardkorr lightbar; rear storage inc Aux battery/Redarc BCDC; Provent EGR filter; Rear diff breather; reversing floodlight; MSA mirrors for towing a Bailey caravan....rarely....

Comment

• maphew
                    • Aug 2009

Originally posted by drgtr View Post
                    Amp on wire is white/blue one. So hook that up.

Problem i have is amp wont turn off if you turn car off.

You must turn stereo off first . then turn car off.
                    Otherwise amp stayed no and drained battery!

I ran a switch to the fuse for amp and now I turn switch off too.
                    How did you know your amp was still on? Just by the battery drain or was there some other indication?
                    I've had the unit installed for 1 week and no issues with battery.

Comment

• Freddie1977
                      • Feb 2021
                      • Melbourne North East Suburbs

Originally posted by maphew View Post
                      I've just completed an installed on a Pioneer DMH-z5350bt double din head unit into our 2012 NW Pajero Platinum which had the MMCS and Rockford sound system.

I tried 3 harnesses which included and in the order of CHMB7C, CHMB4C, and the MITO-02.
                      The CHMBC harnesses turned the HU on but didn't engage the amplifier = no sound.
                      The MITO-02 (whilst not complete plug and play) worked the first time.

I was able to retain the steering wheel controls by connecting a 3.5mm audio lead to pins 22 & 23.
                      Pins 22 & 32 are opposite each other, like this in the connector

-x--------
                      -x--------

I got the factory rear camera working but was not happy with the quality of the image so ran a Pioneer reverse camera and noticed a big difference.

I also needed a facia for final fitting.

Good luck
                      Hi, I just installed a Kenwood 9020DABS with the CHMBC, everything works but one crucial not, NO SOUND any ideas why, because the MITO-02 is expensive to get)

Comment

• bennyb29
                        Valued Member
                        • Nov 2015
                        • Brisbane

I went through the same process, and replaced the MMCS unit on my device with a Sony XAV-AX1000. My NT Platinum Pajero has the Rockford amp setup, which added to the complexity. However, i now have Apple CarPlay, fully functional steering wheel controls including voice related controls as well as a powered Amp. I must say the sound is better too, and i am a very happy customer! I retained the stock rear camera using an adapter, and the good thing is i now have guide lines, which werent present on the MMCS headunit,.

Details of my install are mentioned here, along with the parts used:
                        Well the time has come for me to venture down this path, the MMCS is barely working these days so I've bitten the bullet and bought a Kenwood unit to replace it with. This comes with Wireless Apple Car Play/Android auto and Android mirroring, DAB etc. I didn't want in car nav, as we will utilise the screen mirroring for Google

I used the Aerpro website to shortlist all the parts i would need, and then got a highly rated installer off AirTasker to do the install under my watchful eyes.

The Amp was not getting powered off when the car was turned off, which we tested to confirm, so added in a relay running off the ACC.

Happy to answer questions based on what i know.
                        Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X