• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whereswes
    • Feb 2015
    • Melbourne, Australia

Moreton Island

Hi all,

Heading to Moreton Island for the first time this September and wondering what might be on offer for land based fishos that time of the year.

Any info on rigs, baits and spots greatly appreciated.

Cheers
    Wes
    2014 Auto PC Challenger, TJM Bar with Centre/Side LED Bars & 12,000lb Winch, Uniden UHF, ARB Rack with single row LED Bar & Awning, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 BFG KM2s, 100AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco, Custom rear interior, HR Towbar, Combo suspension (Lovells front/ARB rear), Brown Davis LR tank, Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, Munji EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip, LM8,
  • Alex86
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2007
    • Here and there

Not much help unfortunately but there will more than likely be a difference on whether you are ocean side or bay side.

September is Tailor time up on Fraser so maybe you'll still get them heading north along Moreton.
    '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
    Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• JoshF
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2008
      • Brisbane

only been there once nearly 10 years - Tailor Bight was the recommended fishing spot by the Bulwer shops, calm side and ocean side meet. We caught flathead/bream/whiting there
      NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
      Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• whereswes
        • Feb 2015
        • Melbourne, Australia

Thanks guys.

Alex, I think you're on the money there, East coast looks good for Tailor that time of the year.

Josh, Tailor Bight comes up good as a Whiting spot, as does Reeders Point at the South end. Interesting as you point out, both of these would be where the calm and ocean sides meet.

I'll post some pics if I have any luck.

Cheers
        Wes
        2014 Auto PC Challenger, TJM Bar with Centre/Side LED Bars & 12,000lb Winch, Uniden UHF, ARB Rack with single row LED Bar & Awning, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 BFG KM2s, 100AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco, Custom rear interior, HR Towbar, Combo suspension (Lovells front/ARB rear), Brown Davis LR tank, Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, Munji EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip, LM8,

Comment

• JoshF
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2008
          • Brisbane

The Bight had a sand bar to use, beach to sandbar was were the flathead were, long cast to the ocean over the sand was the whiting and bream
          NS Tall and Short (Trakryder/Bilstein 2" lift with Polyairs) DiD "R", Gunmetal on BFG 270/60/17 AT's, TJM Bullbar, 9500lb Ox Winch, Icom 450, AirTech Snorkel, Cargo Barrier, Dual Battery System to power a CF 40, ScanguageII, LRA Auxillary Tank
          Custom Intercooler/Sump/Transmission Bash Plates and Sliders by http://www.bushskinz4x4.com.au/

Comment

• craka
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2009
            • Newcastle (Newie)

Can't offer any fishing advice. Love to eat them but they must know that, they never seem to end up on my line.

Moreton Island is fantastic though, been 18years since I've been there . Pretty sure you'll love it.
            NS SWB X 3.2DiD - Factory locker, Hella spotties, GME UHF, 2" lift

Retired: 1991 NH SWB 3.0L V6 5sp Manual, Mickey Thompson ATZs, GME UHF TX3200.

Comment

• Alex86
              Valued Member
              • Jul 2007
              • Here and there

Originally posted by craka View Post
              Love to eat them but they must know that, they never seem to end up on my line.
              I don't like eating them. By your logic I should catch plenty..... but I don't
              '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
              Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• DrewW
                • Nov 2011
                • Gold Coast

I've been up at North Point on a few surfing trips and always caught fish off the rocks near where surfers enter the water. Good luck if you are up that way.
                NS SWB 3.2 DiD Auto. 2" lift, King springs, Bilstein shocks, Bushkinz bash plates, Airtek snorkel, BRC breathers,TJM Bullbar, 12000lb Grande Winch,Tyredog TPMS,Nomad valve body & TC lockup kit

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X