• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 1997nk
    • Apr 2011
    • adelaide

Northern Adelaide LPG Tuner/Installer

Gurus,

I have had my LPG ring mixer system installed for a few years now (done 60k)

Have had a few issues along the way but overall not too bad. The system was originally installed by AutoTech but the guy who installed it has since retired.

I am wanting to know of anyones opinions of a good and reputable LPG tuner in Northern Adelaide... Someone who actually knows what they are doing and don't just go through the motions....

Any info would be much appreciated.

Nathan
  • ColHDT
    • May 2011
    • Adelaide

Try Adelaide auto gas @ pooraka - been a few years since ive dealt with them but from all reports and experiences they seem to be pretty good.
    ++++ NH 3LTR 5SPD, MOONROOF, BULLBAR, 180w LED 32" LIGHTBAR, 55w HID & 150w ROOF SPOTTIES, 25LTR WATERTANK, ROOF CAGE, CUSTOM DRIVING LIGHTS IN BULLBAR, MOMO WHEEL, BLUETOOTH AUDIO, UHF, WAECO FRIDGE, SNORKEL, 15x8's ACHILLIES M/T, SIDE AWNING, 20% TINT, UNLTIMA SUSPENSION WITH LIFT KIT COMING ++++

Comment

• jamesl186
      • May 2011
      • adelaide

neil bowley at gawler auto gas is good

Comment

• AndyNH91
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2012
        • Adelaide Hills

Do it yourself... I had to return mine twice to Gawler Autogas before they got the tune reasonable (was chewing 19.5L/100km, then 20.5L/100km which is obscene for a SWB 3.0L). They also left their tools in my engine bay. Didn't notice until I dropped the bash plate at the next service, and out dropped a pair of loom cutters and a roll of electrical tape. Not to mention that they installed the gas tank with a full 2" of space between the underside of the floor and the top of the tank. You could park a Ferrari in there! And the injectors fouled on the underside of the bonnet when it was closed. Not good.

-1 for Gawler Autogas.
        Andrew

MQ Triton GLX+ dual cab ute, EGR canopy, roof vent, tubliner and towbar. 6 speed manual, almost stock

Treg 1.5T Offroad Trailer with Polyblock Hitch, genuine Pajero wheels, 2x spares, Cooper 31" ATRs, four jerry can holders, tie down rails and soon to come tonneau cover

Comment

• jamesl186
          • May 2011
          • adelaide

Originally posted by AndyNH91 View Post
          Do it yourself... I had to return mine twice to Gawler Autogas before they got the tune reasonable (was chewing 19.5L/100km, then 20.5L/100km which is obscene for a SWB 3.0L). They also left their tools in my engine bay. Didn't notice until I dropped the bash plate at the next service, and out dropped a pair of loom cutters and a roll of electrical tape. Not to mention that they installed the gas tank with a full 2" of space between the underside of the floor and the top of the tank. You could park a Ferrari in there! And the injectors fouled on the underside of the bonnet when it was closed. Not good.

-1 for Gawler Autogas.
          which gawler auto gas was that? the one next to terrys tiles or the other one?

Comment

• jamesl186
            • May 2011
            • adelaide

-1 for Gawler Autogas.
            which gawler auto gas was that? the one next to terrys tiles or the other one?

Comment

• Nab
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2012
              • Perth

I used Steve at Rising Sun, Gepps Cross, for my Patrol. He asked me how I drove it(like it was stolen), then took me for a spin with an A/F meter on the dash and would drive for a bit, stop and adjust the mixture, repeat until he got it good.

No one tuned it like him since I moved back to Perth 3 years ago, he got a great compromise between power and economy.

He also owned a gen 2 Paj as did one of his workers so he knows his way around them.
              SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
              NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• 1997nk
                • Apr 2011
                • adelaide

Originally posted by Nab View Post
                I used Steve at Rising Sun, Gepps Cross, for my Patrol. He asked me how I drove it(like it was stolen), then took me for a spin with an A/F meter on the dash and would drive for a bit, stop and adjust the mixture, repeat until he got it good.

No one tuned it like him since I moved back to Perth 3 years ago, he got a great compromise between power and economy.

He also owned a gen 2 Paj as did one of his workers so he knows his way around them.

Thanks Nab.... This is the information im after.... Peoples actual experiences and recomendations go a long way.

Comment

• 1997nk
                  • Apr 2011
                  • adelaide

-1 for Gawler Autogas.

Im more then happy to do this..... Do you have a full set of instructions on how to tune? Including sensitivity adjustment etc? I am sure this needs to be set using a exhaust gas analyser?

Comment

• sub888
                    • Oct 2012
                    • Barossa Valley

Another thumbs up for Steve at rising sun gepps cross. A good guy and knows pajeros inside out.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X