• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • reciprovac
    • Jan 2011
    • broadford Victoria, Australia

Originally posted by erad View Post
    To my way of thinking, selling or trading in a car in this condition suggests that the previous owner didn't care too much about looking after his investment ( the car). If that washis attitude then I would think rather long and hard about how he drove and maintained the beast. The car probably hasn't been near a service centre since new. Alarmbells stsrt ringing with me. These cars arebuilt to take a fair bit of abuse, and it is up to youor someone you trust to decide if the abuse has been excessive.

I USE my Pajero but do not ABUSE it. I think that most people on this forum are the same.
    My Nw came from Ayers rock ! )or Uluru if you are politically correct).
    It was bought in Perth and driven to the red centre where it was serviced occasionally,the body cavities were full of red dust when it somehow ended up traded for a ford at Ballarat.
    With 80,000 km on the clock it was the lowest mileage I could afford at the time.
    Now with 170,000 of trouble free motoring with only brake disc changes required it still runs well with no oil leaks but plenty of body rattles which is normal for this model.
    I wouls suggest that the vehicle you are interested is similar to mine in that it was purchased then driven hard until disposed of whilst still under the warranty,this is common practice for many companies to reduce operating costs.
    My experience is that the Nw is tough enough to stand this treatment and you probably will have a good run once serviced.
    Good luck and enjoy.
    2013 Pajero GLX-R auto Diesel.
    Tough dog 40mm raised suspension,ARB shocks,MCC bull bar,electric winch,bash plates,draws , engel fridge,dual batteries,air comp,water tank and electric pump,inverter,DC/DC charger,air bags, converter lock up system,diff/traction control modification.

Comment

• Xjas
      • Nov 2019
      • Newcastle

When I bought my 13 NW it had 30000km on it, most of which were pottering around Sydney's north shore I think, first big hill on the trip home it smoked something terrible but seemed to clear itself on the next few pulls and has been fine ever since, now has 80000km without any trouble.
      2014 NW Exceed. ARB bullbar, 2 inch lift, runva winch, BFG ATs. Bushskinz front and trans bashplates.

Comment

• NW_Exceed_MY14
        • Dec 2019
        • AU

So I met the mechanic who serviced the car last and also looked at the car again today.
        He assures me there is no leak and sounds pretty confident that car is pretty good shape.
        I am leaning towards going ahead with the purchase.

Sent from my F5321 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Jasonmc73
          Valued Member
          • Jun 2019
          • Brisbane

Originally posted by NW_Exceed_MY14 View Post
          So I met the mechanic who serviced the car last and also looked at the car again today.
          He assures me there is no leak and sounds pretty confident that car is pretty good shape.
          I am leaning towards going ahead with the purchase.

Great news, hope you enjoy your new ride.

Maybe you can use the same mechanic as the previous owner & I hope its not a relation of the seller jokes

Enjoy
          Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• NW_Exceed_MY14
            • Dec 2019
            • AU

So I bought the vehicle and went onto do some 4wding in Yeagarup sand dunes in south west WA. It was very smooth and flawless in soft sand. But it had rained the day before, maybe that made it much easier.
            I did find that ride quality is bit tough on hard leather seats of NW Exceed. It didn't really exceed my expectations Oh well, maybe I will get used to it.

A question about buying used car warranty, is it worth the effort? I saw a redbook advert where you can buy extra warranty, as this car just came out of factory warranty.

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
              Valued Member
              • Aug 2016
              • Greater Sydney

Originally posted by nw_exceed_my14 View Post

a question about buying used car warranty, is it worth the effort? I saw a redbook advert where you can buy extra warranty, as this car just came out of factory warranty.

Sent from my f5321 using tapatalk
              Noooooooooooooooooo.

Comment

• Nab
                Valued Member
                • Mar 2012
                • Perth

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                Noooooooooooooooooo.
                Agree 110%. Might as well flush that money down the drain as there are so many rules/limits/restrictions associated with it.
                SOLD 2004 NP 3.2 auto
                NOW 2014 Ranger XLT auto

Comment

• NW_Exceed_MY14
                  • Dec 2019
                  • AU

Originally posted by BruceandBobbi View Post
                  Noooooooooooooooooo.
                  Thank you.

Comment

• NW_Exceed_MY14
                    • Dec 2019
                    • AU

Originally posted by Nab View Post
                    Agree 110%. Might as well flush that money down the drain as there are so many rules/limits/restrictions associated with it.
                    Thanks Nab

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X