X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • charlietou
    • Apr 2010

Radio security code

Hi, I recently managed to run my battery flat (Doh!) and now my radio wants a security code. I know how to enter the code from the owner's manual however don't have the code as I bought the vehicle second hand and did not receive the code.

I have done a search and understand "contact MM with VIN/chassis No." is the only answer, so far.

Would anybody know and be prepared to share a "back door" method to reset the radio? I'm guessing there may be a sequence of button pushes, then turn key on etc?
  • nervis
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2009
    • Central West NSW

Just call Mitsubishi, they will ask for your VIN number and give you the code. Thats what I did when I bought my car... still amazes me factory head units have this "security" feature, who the hell would want to flog a stupid crap old factory head unit! really!?
    Mick: MY15 NX GLX Manual DID, SprintBooster, EGR blank, Redarc remote EBC on factory loom, GME UHF, TJM Snorkel.

Comment

• mrbitchi
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2007
      • Brisbane

AFAIK MM is the only avenue.

I'm in the same situation with my new Commodore
      Cheers, John.
      LC200 V8 goodness

MY12 LC200 GXL 4.5Lt V8 twin turbo, GVM upgrade, ARB bar, Warn winch, Outback Acc rear bar and dual carrier, TJM sidesteps, Bushskinz, Long Ranger 180Lt tank, Black Widow drawers, cargo barrier, Polaris Awning, +++
      Ex - NM auto, 2"Kings, Bilsteins, Buckshots, Wildcat headers, 2.75" Mandrel bent exhaust, Injected LPG, Smartbar, Scraper bar, Bushskinz, Custom steps, Dual Batteries, Breathers, Black Widow drawers, Polaris Awning.

Comment

• charlietou
        • Apr 2010

Thankyou Nervis and Mrbitchi. I will give them a call - just a bit nervous they might want $$ for information. Appreciate your replies.

Comment

• Ian Johnston
          Valued Member
          • Feb 2010
          • Mount Gambier, SA

The pin wont be in the book anyway. Mine is on a card the size of a credit card. It says Anti-Theft System on it. It is a red card.
          2015 Subaru Forester 2.5 petrol CVT. (Missus car)
          Just got an NS DID manual (my car) SOLD.
          2014 Subaru Outback diesel, CVT. Mine

Comment

• charlietou
            • Apr 2010

Thanks all. Problem sorted!

I rang one MM dealer who wanted me to bring rego papers to their shop to show proof of ownership - as Nervis said, "who'd want to steal a 7 year old tuner anyway?

I then rang another dealer who was very helpful and gave me the code over the 'phone, no charge. Music to my ears.
            Last edited by charlietou; 25-08-10, 04:48 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• NM Gary
              • Jun 2010
              • Adelaide

Did they charge $$$ for the code
              Insanity & Beyond
              Gary

Comment

• Lance
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2009
                • Melbourne

Originally posted by charlietou View Post
                I then rang another dealer who was very helpful and gave me the code over the 'phone, no charge. Music to my ears.
                Apparently not Gary, Charlie was very happy I think.
                2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
                2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• charlietou
                  • Apr 2010

Yes, that's right Lance, there was no charge however the first dealer made mention that some/many? dealers do charge.

The second dealer was very helpful and there was no charge, only asked for the VIN No.

Although I half expected an attempt to charge, I would have been disappointed for a 7 year old radio/cd player. So.. I was pleasantly surprised. Thankyou MM.

As the third owner of the vehicle I did not receive the radio code on purchase (private sale).

If anyone else is in a similar situation it may pay to ring around if necessary.

Comment

• Lance
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • Melbourne

I bought an NP last week without radio/DVD codes, but the yard I bought it from offered to get them for me.
                    Unfortunately, says he, they will charge me about $100, so I'll just add that to the contract price.

After a brief word from me regarding a situation that may arise concerning his head and bum, he was able to see that he might be better to leave it off the contract.

I simply rang the original selling Dealer who was happy to supply the asked for details as well as a full printed service history.

Most dealers I've dealt with over a lot of years have been receptive to most requests providing they are treated as you would like to be.
                    2005 NP Platinum Edition, DiD Auto
                    2009 VW Crafter motorhome

Comment

• tomlola
                      • May 2010
                      • Brisbane

It's free of charge.
                      I called my local dealer (I didn't buy the car there, my car is a used one), it took 3min.
                      - What's you VIN number ?
                      - Here is your PIN
                      - See ya

Rule #1: never talk about $$ except if you want to buy something, because then they are like a dog, if they see you are scared, they will play with you :-)

So, now it's free because anyway the PIN number was a giant mistake organize by the car industry. They shoot themselves in the foot and now they have to deal with it.
                      NP MY05 DiD

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X