Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Snorkel for NP GLX - some advice please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Cheersthebald
    • Apr 2011
    • Bundoora

Snorkel for NP GLX - some advice please?

Hi, I am starting to do some research into snorkels for my Petrol NP Pajero. There seems to be a number of brands out there, but I have no real technical understanding of the differences between them.

I am new to the 4x4 game and will be looking to do some driving in Vic High Country in Spring/Summer for a build up to a larger trip into the Simpson desert next year.

Has anyone got any specific advice on what to look for?
    2005 NP petrol. Regarc dual battery system. Engel 40lt and more work to come.
  • Team SPJC
    • Sep 2009
    • Chinchilla, Qld

Hi there, I have recently fitted a snorkel to my NM petrol Paj. I put one on because when it rains out here it floods and means driving through deep water and road trains splashing water in the front of my truck. Its a worth while investment, clean air going in and better performance and fuel economy. You can go two ways either go to the 4x4 boys being ARB or TJM and pay anything from $600 up including fitting or you can do what a few of us on the forum have done and buy one from e-Bay for around $200 and fit it yourself. there is plenty of info on the forum about fitting a snorkel on your Paj. It took me around a day to do I took it slow and easy and at the end of the day satisfaction of a job well done and a coldy to celebrate. Any questions just ask away
    Cheers Pete
    Pajero NM 2002 Petrol 3.5 Lt V6, GE 6 inch Driving Lights, Oricom uhf50, GME AE409L 6 & 9 db Antenna, Binnatone Sat Nav, ECB Nudge Bar, Midford Cargo Barrier, Integra Sidesteps, Heavey Duty Maxitrac Shocks & Springs, Tera Trac 265/70 R16, MM Headlight protectors, E-Bay Snorkel, Emergency Hammer, Twin Screen DVD Player To shut the kids up on long trips.
    angels 16 Sports Rims, Full Set Of Nasty Nodders Dash Figurines and a Dashboard sprung Jesus for those tougher treks. Jayco 1989 16ft pop top.

Comment

• garycromp
      • Mar 2010
      • Adelaide

I have an NP 3.8 on gas and I am looking to put on a snorkel too, but will the snorkel cause any issues with the gas, eg, feeding to much air. has anyone else put one on a gas car?
      2013 my14 challenger. Titanium 5speed manual. Cooper AT3's. mitsi nudge bar, lightforce blitz spotlights,TJM snorkel,awning. Roof bars

Comment

• Team SPJC
        • Sep 2009
        • Chinchilla, Qld

I am not sure about gas I wouldnt have thought it would be a problem. If you search the forum I think in the last four weeks or so I think there is a posting regarding that issue
        Cheers
        Pajero NM 2002 Petrol 3.5 Lt V6, GE 6 inch Driving Lights, Oricom uhf50, GME AE409L 6 & 9 db Antenna, Binnatone Sat Nav, ECB Nudge Bar, Midford Cargo Barrier, Integra Sidesteps, Heavey Duty Maxitrac Shocks & Springs, Tera Trac 265/70 R16, MM Headlight protectors, E-Bay Snorkel, Emergency Hammer, Twin Screen DVD Player To shut the kids up on long trips.
        angels 16 Sports Rims, Full Set Of Nasty Nodders Dash Figurines and a Dashboard sprung Jesus for those tougher treks. Jayco 1989 16ft pop top.

Comment

• Kenny80
          • Feb 2011
          • Adelaide

i put an e-Bay for around $200 and fitted it myself it took about half a day to fit the snorkel on my NM Paj and i had the satisfaction of a job well at the end of it and saved about $400 . Any questions just ask
          http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Snorkel-M...item2eb6308693 this is the one I got for my paj hpoe this helps
          2002 Exceed 3.5 lightforce 240 HID ,Snorkel , UHF,Khumho KL78 and more to come

Comment

• Hama
            Valued Member
            • Oct 2009
            • Gold Coast

Originally posted by garycromp View Post
            I have an NP 3.8 on gas and I am looking to put on a snorkel too, but will the snorkel cause any issues with the gas, eg, feeding to much air. has anyone else put one on a gas car?
            I run LPG injected system with snorkel, no probs there. The only thing is to choose the right type of snorkel depending where you have got your LPG stuff under the bonnet. As I have got a dual battery system, mine is on the drivers side therefore I had to go with a snorkel that would go around the front of the airbox as behind it I have got some LPG stuff. Safari type was the way to go for me.

BTW, I got my snorkel from the same place as Kenny80's.

Cheers
            (SOLD) 2001 NM Exceed 3.5L Petrol, Injected LPG, 2" Lift Lovells HD Springs & Shocks, Polyair Bags, Maxxis Bighorn MT-762 (265/75/16), Dual Battery System, TRV4x4 Snorkel, F/R Diff+Tranny+Transfer Case Breathers, Engel Fridge/Freezer 40L, Homemade Rear Storage+Bed, Rhino Roof Racks+Basket, OEM Alloy Bullbar, Side Steps, Towbar, Fog Lights, Rear Work Light, UHF Handheld Radio Puxing PX-888+UHF Antenna RFI CD900, Nobles RIG-MATE Creeper Winch, Exhaust Jack, X-Trax II, TomTom XL 340 with Hema Maps

Comment

• garycromp
              • Mar 2010
              • Adelaide

thanks for that Hama. I have no problems with the gas as it is on the other side. I will get mine of ebay as I am handy with hand tools. I got a quote from ARB for $790 fitted.A bit rich if you ask me.
              2013 my14 challenger. Titanium 5speed manual. Cooper AT3's. mitsi nudge bar, lightforce blitz spotlights,TJM snorkel,awning. Roof bars

Comment

• MTB
                • Jan 2010
                • Brisbane North

Originally posted by garycromp View Post
                I got a quote from ARB for $790 fitted.A bit rich if you ask me.
                My quote from them was just less than that from ARB and close to that from TJM. I have decided to purchase from the same mob as kenny80. I do not have the tools so will have to pay someone else to fit.

It will be interesting to see how it goes.

Mark
                2003 NP GLX 3.8 V6 Auto (01/10), factory alloy bar, cargo barrier (03/10), sump & tranny guards (04/10), rock sliders, duel batts and SD Lovells/Billes combo with poly's and 40L Engel (08/10) - Cape York (09/11)

Comment

• Goodsy
                  Who ya gunna call....
                  • Dec 2010
                  • Hervey Bay

Another one with an eBay snorkel here. Under $200 for the kit and about 4 hours to fit.
                  .Previously an NP GLX 3.8 auto RIP
                  NS VRX DiD auto. RIP.

Comment

• dbdb
                    • Aug 2008
                    • Adelaide Hills

I got my safari supplied and fitted by Opposite Lock - quite a bit cheaper than TJM or ARB (though obviously no where near $200)
                    14 NW GLX-R automatic, dual battery, Icom 440 UHF, redarc tow pro, Bushskinz bash plates, light bar, Dobinsons suspension, HPD front mount intercooler, ARB bull bar and other stuff.
                    04 NP GLX now gone

Pajero Service Manual link

Comment

• Corny
                      • Aug 2010
                      • Kambalda WA

ironman are now making snorkels they are a safari copy but heaps cheaper try them
                      2012 NW DID Auto GLS 40mm lift, ARB compressor, ARB Delux Bar, Lightforce XGT spotties, Rhino roof rack, ARB awning, dual Batteries Awesome Car Love it

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X