• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • insect_eater
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2015
    • Canberra

Hi Dunk, looking forward to pics of your firewall mount, as I have just received my provent and am looking at fitting options when a TJM snorkel is fitted.
    NX GLX manual, T13, XD9000, Koni RAID, Ultragauge, ISI carrier, pioneer platform, Lithium auxillary

Comment

• Dunk
      • Jan 2008
      • melbourne

Just found another type bracket using 20mmx3mm aluminum. Also with backing plate looks better as you dont need to drill into firewall you use bolts already there.thoughts
      Attached Files

Comment

• geopaj
        Valued Member
        • Jul 2007
        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Dunk View Post
        Just found another type bracket using 20mmx3mm aluminum. Also with backing plate looks better as you dont need to drill into firewall you use bolts already there.thoughts
        Be careful with that position Dunk... the plastic catch can is in close proximity to the hot (exhaust) side of the turbo. I considered this spot but didn’t want to be the one to test the melting point of the Provent!
        (Though mine does a lot of high load low speed work towing in sand which generates a lot of under bonnet temp as everything is working hard with little airflow to take the latent heat away)
        Silver NT VRX Di-D

ARB bullbar | snorkel | Bushskinz & Boo’s guards | UltraGauge MX | 2" lift | Cooper AT3 LT's | dual battery | Superwinch X9 | 80ltr diesel tank | 22ltr water tank | aux trans cooler | MM Lockup Mate | GME UHF | locker/TC mod | SPV EGR | rear LED work light | rhino platform | ARB awning | rear drawers ... & plenty of scratches

My Build Thread - HERE

Previously - NL Pajero (now owned by Forum member 'Gemster')

Comment

• insect_eater
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Canberra

My HPD catch can is located in front of the airbox (where the TJM airtec replacement washer bottle is often located). I intend to replace it with the provent. There seems to be a lot of room between the RH headlight and the airbox, at the RH end of the radiator. Is there a reason not to mount it here? It will run a little cooler, and maybe be prone to condensation/sludging in short runs in cooler weather, but for my type of usage, this is not a concern. Any thoughts?
          NX GLX manual, T13, XD9000, Koni RAID, Ultragauge, ISI carrier, pioneer platform, Lithium auxillary

Comment

• Dunk
            • Jan 2008
            • melbourne

Ok so have made another bracket which fits neater.Once this lockdown in Victoria is over will have it made from 3mm stainless steel rather than 3mm Alloy.
            Measurements are length 23cm x7.5cm for the firewall bend
            Attached Files

Comment

• nj swb
              Resident
              • Jun 2007
              • Adelaide

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
              On the subject of crankcase ventilation and the collection of oily vapours, can someone tell me what's inside the chamber that's integral to the rocker cover of my 4D56T engine ?

The chamber must be transited by gases before they exit via the pcv connection. There's a small hole hole that drains to the deck of the valve gear.

Underside of rocker cover:
              [ATTACH]44285[/ATTACH]
              Sorry KB - haven't seen your picture before.

I suspect it's essentially a baffle chamber to dampen any pulses before they hit the inlet tract. I haven't tried with my Pajero, but other (older) cars produce significant pulses out of the oil filler if you remove it while idling. I can imagine our MAF sensors may not like such pulses entering the intake tract so close downstream.
              NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

• Dunk
                • Jan 2008
                • melbourne

Finally fitted provent come up pretty good l reckon. 3mm aluminum which l ended up polishing, used metal tek screws into firewall. Will have remade out of stainless once lockdown is over
                Attached Files

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X