• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • onair
    • Jun 2020
    • Victoria

Configurable Functions for Pajero?

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone knows if there are (and if so - what are) the configurable functions available for the Pajero?

Things such as:

- Auto lock doors when put in gear / auto unlock when put into park,

- Turn accessories off when Key in lock vs when a door is opened,

- Mirrors auto fold on first lock instead of pressing button 3 times,

- Horn beeping when car is locked (or if car can't be locked - door unlocked)?

... etc?

Is there any list of features, and if so - are these things that can be done by the owner, or do they need to be done by a dealer? I didn't notice anything when reading the manual.

Thanks in Advance
  • spot01
    Valued Member
    • Apr 2011
    • Adelaide

To the best of my knowledge, the first 3 in your list are not possible. Unsure re horn beep.

If you have auto headlights on/off, the dealer can adjust the level of darkness where they turn on.

I don't think there is much else adjustable on the old Paj.
    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Kingbrown
      Valued Member
      • Apr 2012
      • Port Augusta - SA

For some ideas perhaps try here:

Section 54A > ETACS > Customise Function.
      2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• onair
        • Jun 2020
        • Victoria

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post
        Perfect - thanks very much for that list!

Looks like they have a lot of options, but not the ones I was hoping to see.

(Would have been nice if they also had a disable seatbelt warning buzzer too - but from what I can gather, this can be done easily enough by unplugging a cable)

But it's very handy to see what can be customised. Thanks again!

Comment

• oscaroo
          • Dec 2017
          • Sydney

My cheap OBD BT reader would reconfigure the lights blinking when locked for me automatically … and would have to take it back to the dealer to bring back.

:\

Comment

• onair
            • Jun 2020
            • Victoria

Originally posted by oscaroo View Post
            My cheap OBD BT reader would reconfigure the lights blinking when locked for me automatically … and would have to take it back to the dealer to bring back.

:\
            Don't use a cheap OBDT reader - gotcha. Thanks for the heads up! (I have one, but I won't be plugging in now that I've read that!)

Comment

• oscaroo
              • Dec 2017
              • Sydney

Yeah took me two goes to realise it's crapness. Also set the protocol rather than in auto.

I'm a programmer and was trying to learn what commands on the bus were and the cheap ones are soo shit for this. Eventually I got over my curiosity and gave up. I have an mxlink one and that implements things properly.

I was hoping to pickup the steering angle sensor data and it is there and available but parsing it was a lot of guess work which I never figured out. I was also curious for the auto leveling headlight sensor so I could try to extrapolate the weight in the back of the car so I could adjust my airbag pressures better ..

But I gave up. Takes a lot of time

Comment

• onair
                • Jun 2020
                • Victoria

Originally posted by oscaroo View Post
                Yeah took me two goes to realise it's crapness. Also set the protocol rather than in auto.

I'm a programmer and was trying to learn what commands on the bus were and the cheap ones are soo shit for this. Eventually I got over my curiosity and gave up. I have an mxlink one and that implements things properly.

I was hoping to pickup the steering angle sensor data and it is there and available but parsing it was a lot of guess work which I never figured out. I was also curious for the auto leveling headlight sensor so I could try to extrapolate the weight in the back of the car so I could adjust my airbag pressures better ..

But I gave up. Takes a lot of time
                Steering angle sensors? Auto headlight leveling? Strewth - I had no idea there was so much tech in the car.

May have to get one of these things just to see how much data there really is.

Sorry to hear it was so complicated that decoding the data wasn't forthcoming. Hopefully someone else will decode it and put the info out on the web one day.

Comment

• oscaroo
                  • Dec 2017
                  • Sydney

Imagine how cool it would be if I could rig up my driving lights to a servo motor so they swivel according to my speed and steering wheel angle - like the new cool cars?

Getting the data can be easy. Using the AT MA command on the odb thingo. But then you will get a waterfall of data which look like big numbers but actually portions of the numbers when converted to binary mean things. For the standard obd commands that mapping is understandable because of the standard but everything else is proprietary and who knows if they're also doing some really simple obfuscation.

So I would collect data for a minute with the car doing nothing. Then collect data while I held the steering wheel at a particular angle and then compared the difference and I could see number patterns that kinda corresponded to the steering wheel position but I wasn't able to make sense of it.

Also I needed to build an app to let me collect and process the data and i had to add features as I explored and it just took too much time

On my Prius I could recognise a command that meant the brakes were on, or door unlocking or locking but I gave less time to the Pajero as I don't want to run the engine for hours and I don't have a battery charger to just leave it in On.

I'm happy to share code if anyone cares. It's in C# and it's a windows uwp app.

Comment

• Buckos
                    • Mar 2016
                    • Adelaide

Swivelling headlights are not a feature of "new, cool cars" oscaroo. They were on Citroens of the early 1960's and would turn with the steering wheel to light around a corner. Check early model DS Citroen. Nothing much new under the sun....

Comment

• oscaroo
                      • Dec 2017
                      • Sydney

Originally posted by Buckos View Post
                      Swivelling headlights are not a feature of "new, cool cars" oscaroo. They were on Citroens of the early 1960's and would turn with the steering wheel to light around a corner. Check early model DS Citroen. Nothing much new under the sun....
                      Doh.

Comment

• erad
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2015
                        • Cooma NSW

I had two DS model Citroens, and the High beam headlights were unbelievably good. The inner light used to turn further than the wheels, so that at full lock, the light was at right angles to the car. It 'Sensed' the turn and always put light exactly where you wanted it. And they were powerful for their day - the new Quartz Iodine bulbs! The CX Citroen came out with no steerable headlights, and many people who bought them sold them soon after and went back to the DS because the steerable lights were so much better. Finally, the Citroen C5 regained steerable headlights, but that move took years to come around.

The low beam lights were self levelling. Because the suspension is so soft, when you accelerate, the nose of the car lifts noticeably. One day, the owner of an older model Citroen asked me if the self levelling lights worked? I replied that I didn't know - I had never noticed. He replied "They work".

Comment

• oscaroo
                          • Dec 2017
                          • Sydney

My Subaru have swivel lights. They great. No where as good as you Citroen story though

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X