• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • redbruce
    Administrator
    • Sep 2019
    • Melbourne

Originally posted by greenie537 View Post

Hey, can I ask, can you hear the catch can inside the car? I had a Provent 200 once and it was noisey as.

Cheers
    Due to the way they operate should make no noise unless something wrong. The relief valve only operates when filter is restricted and otherwise can only be rattle from instalation issues.

PCOV Member 1954
    MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer, ARB Smartbar. Stockman Extreme pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

• JohnFromPerth
      • Mar 2018
      • Western Australia

I have a Mann Provent 200 Filter (Kit No OS-Prov-14 ) from Western Filters. Easy to install with good documentation. Takes less than an hour.

If you allow the system to get over full of waste oil (like you don't drain it every few months) you may hear the relief valve making a snorting noise.

I regularly drain my system about every three months and get about one quarter of a cup of oil out of it. This of course will vary depending on engine run time.
      The fact that this gunk is not going back into the inlet manifold and turbo gives me some comfort.

They say you should replace the gauze filter every 75,000km. Meanwhile, if mine looks too gunky I give it a wash in kerosine , let it dry and return it to the canister.

Comment

• redbruce
        Administrator
        • Sep 2019
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by JohnFromPerth View Post
        They say you should replace the gauze filter every 75,000km. Meanwhile, if mine looks too gunky I give it a wash in kerosine , let it dry and return it to the canister.
        Every 40,000. Washing removes the oil residue and an increasingly smaller quantity of carbon residue each time but might drag out replacement frequency.

REPLACEMENT FILTERS Where are the replacement filters element available from? Obviously from our store that you are currently in, but if you are away on a trip somewhere, Direction-Plus have a nationwide service distribution network
        PCOV Member 1954
        MY15 NX Exceed, Auto Mate PRO, Paddle shift, Vlads TC mod, EVC U9, Unicorn Power upgraded intercooler, Ultimate Diesel tune, Fuel manager 2 micron post filter, Redarc BCDC + Lithium, MM tow hitch, Teshonka brake controller, Provent catch can, GME 3350 UHF, RHS Offroad bash set, Falken Wildpeak AT3W LT265/70R17, TPMS, Dobinson IMS/Kings HHD/EHD 40mm lift, Rhino bars, Drifta 270 awning, spare tyre lift, Ultraguage MX 1.4, Ultravision 205 4.5K lightbar, auxiliary PWR 23 row transmission cooler and radiator bypass, upgraded bar/plate intercooler, KAON barrier and shelf, XTM kitchen and drawer, ARB Smartbar. Stockman Extreme pod trailer with Drifta Stockton RTT.

Comment

• JohnFromPerth
          • Mar 2018
          • Western Australia

Quite right Redbruce. I had confused the change time with a note that mine needed changing when the vehicle had done 75,000km.

Comment

• Xl76
            • Mar 2017
            • Perth

Hello John
            I have fitter a Western filters kit in my PS back in 2016 ,from new .and it has had 2 new filters and colected over 2 liters of oil in 150k I am quite happy that the engine didn't burn any of this .I had a old snake camera given to me and ran it through the intake manifold and to be honest there was very little build up on the intake or egr port ,even scraping the intake with the camera showed it to be almost soot free ,gotta be happy with that.

Comment

• JohnFromPerth
              • Mar 2018
              • Western Australia

Agree X176.

Oil and soot from the exhaust gas recirculation are not a good mix to put back through the inlet manifold.

BTW where in Perth do you get your vehicle serviced? My local dealer service is a waste of time and money, so looking for someone competent.

Cheers
              John

Comment

• Jasonmc73
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2019
                • Brisbane

Originally posted by JohnFromPerth View Post
                Agree X176.

Oil and soot from the exhaust gas recirculation are not a good mix to put back through the inlet manifold.

BTW where in Perth do you get your vehicle serviced? My local dealer service is a waste of time and money, so looking for someone competent.

Cheers
                John
                I don't live in Perth but

Mr Pajero/ Rudi Zabeo is based in W.A & there is another bloke Name is Drago.

I only see good feed back about both of these fellows depending on your location in relation to their outfits

Look up on Facebook you will find both for contact

Drago's Automotive services

Rudi Zabeo AKA Mr Pajero

Someone may be able to chime in.
                Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16 GLS with Sand Grabba floor mats, Ultragauge, Automate & Paddle gear shifters with Vlads traction control mod, Nautia switch panel, ARB compressor, Redarc Tow Pro, Anderson plug, Bushskinz front & rear alloy plates, Kaon light duty cargo barrier & rear door table

Comment

• JohnFromPerth
                  • Mar 2018
                  • Western Australia

Thanks Jason
                  Both look good.
                  Will check them out.
                  Cheers
                  John

Comment

• Xl76
                    • Mar 2017
                    • Perth

Hey John
                    I have started to service the car myself .I buy the oil when on sale and get a service kit from Western filters .Oil change,prop shaft grease,oil filter, cabin filer,fuel filter and brake clean and service takes about 4 hours .

Comment

• JohnFromPerth
                      • Mar 2018
                      • Western Australia

Hi X176
                      Have been servicing various cars for years, but feeling my age crawling under them now so went back to the dealer for service. Big disappointment. Boxes ticked on invoice but work not done. Charged for filters not replaced.(marked the old ones) Even had engine filled with wrong oil according to invoice. Maybe a typo but insisted on a drain and refill as could have damaged the particle filter if not a low ash oil.

One thing I have not worked out when servicing myself, there is an 'oil quality counter' which has to be reset when oil is changed. I think it counts the engine run time between oil changes and somehow equates that to oil quality. Not to be confused with the 'time to next service display' that is easily reset via the steering wheel buttons. Maybe the oil quality counter needs to be reset with an OBD scan tool?

Cheers
                      John

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X