• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • vincentvega
    • Apr 2013
    • Brisbane

colour coded lower trims vs grey plastic

Hi All,

I am trying to work out which models have the colour coded lower panels (the bottom section of the rear bumper for example) and which models do not.

I thought it must have been a base model thing, until I saw a pic of a NS VRX with grey lower panels?

What specifies the colour coding?
  • 98NL GL
    • Oct 2011
    • Cairns

My RX also has one.

cheers,
    XSWAT 1998 NL GL, 3.5L MANUAL, 2" OME 50 mm Lift, MAXXIS 751 33X12.5R15 on CSA N26 RIMS with -11 OFFSET, UNIDEN UHF, NARVA 175 SPOTTIES, AIRCON & RADIO/CD,......CONVERTED to SEVEN SEATER, Manual Hubs (ex tritton)
    1990 NG SWB 2.5 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, 33s, LIGHT BAR, GEN 2 IDLER & PITMAN ARMS. PLANS - Dual Battery.
    1999 NL SWB 2.8 TDI AUTO JAPAN IMPORT, INVECS TIPTRONIC AUTOMATIC GEARBOX, ARB BULLBAR, DUAL BATTERY, SPOTTIES, ROOF RACK.
    2016 MY16 PAJERO GLX AUTO DID GRAPHITE COLOR STOCK

Comment

• Kumabear
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2013
      • Sydney, Macarther Region

I have been working on the assumption that is indicates that the car is a NS if they are gray.

I haven't actually seen a NT/NW with non body colored lower rear bumper and actually use it to ID that car as a NS as even the NS exceed that lives accross the road has a gray bumper.

Considering even the GL base model pajero in the NT and NW have body colored panels I think it just means the car is a NS
      2011 MY12 NW Pajero GL (White)

Factory Rear Diff lock | Modded Traction Control | Hankook RT03 MT LT265/70/17 | Uniden 7760nb UHF | Opposite Lock 3 Loop steel bar with fog lights |Runva EXW12000 | Bushskinz plates and sliders |Ultimate Suspension true 50mm Lift (above factory trim)

Wishlist:

Comment

• Alben
        • Jul 2010
        • Victoria

I am not 100% sure but that could be right. Similar to the wheel arch flares between the ML and MN tritons.
        Our pajero is an ns vrx and it has the grey bumper part.
        Cheers,
        Ben
        2007 Pajero NS VRX - DID, Manual, Cool Silver, ARB Deluxe Bullbar, ARB Aluminium Rack, Awning, Bushskinz, Bilstein & Lovells HD, Safari Snorkel, Dual Battery, ARB Air Compressor, Lightforce XGTs, GME UHF, Cooper AT3, TPMS and Scan Gauge.

1996 Triton MJ Luxury Double Cab - 4d56T 2.5TD Manual, Snorkel, Canopy & Roof Rack, Side Step/Sliders, Bullbar, IPF Driving Lights, Mickey T MTZ's, GME UHF, Custom Roof Console, Spot Light, Pioneer Head Unit & Speakers, Piranha Dual Battery, Rear Drawers

Comment

• Isa paj
          • Apr 2009
          • Mount Isa Queensland

Originally posted by Kumabear View Post
          I have been working on the assumption that is indicates that the car is a NS if they are gray.

I haven't actually seen a NT/NW with non body colored lower rear bumper and actually use it to ID that car as a NS as even the NS exceed that lives accross the road has a gray bumper.

Considering even the GL base model pajero in the NT and NW have body colored panels I think it just means the car is a NS
          I have an 09 NT GLS that has grey lower bumpers, I think they went full colour in 2010.
          NT GLS Manual.

Comment

• Pinesheriff
            • May 2014
            • Brisbane

I only checked this out 2 days ago as I am getting down to the nitty gritty side of things to buying a VRX. It appears that all the latest 2014 models have the grey lower bumper with the exception of the Exceed. Laid eyes on both models and that is what I found.
            I would much prefer the titanium looking trim as it does set off the appearance.
            I spoke with a bloke in parts and said they come in the grey colour and according to him they have to be painted that trim/titanium colour.
            Seems like a cost cutting measure to me on the part of MM.
            2014 VRX Pajero, Cool Silver, -: ARB Colour coded Deluxe Bullbar, IPF Driving Lights, 2" OME Susp lift, GME Uhf, Vortex Roof racks, Polished Stainless Steel Spare Wheel Cover, Towbar, DIY Underbody Rust proofing

Comment

• P humphreys
              • Aug 2019
              • Sydney

NS grey plastic lower rear bumper

Originally posted by vincentvega View Post
              Hi All,

I am trying to work out which models have the colour coded lower panels (the bottom section of the rear bumper for example) and which models do not.

I thought it must have been a base model thing, until I saw a pic of a NS VRX with grey lower panels?

What specifies the colour coding?
              Hi does anyone know if there is a colour code for the NS grey plastic lower rear bumper? I would like to repaint mine.

Thanks

Comment

• Shogun 2000
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2009
                • Dodges Ferry, Hobart, Tassie

I have done mine on my 2008 NS Platinum.
                Attached Files
                2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

• paceman
                  Valued Member
                  • Feb 2018
                  • Mackay

Originally posted by Shogun 2000 View Post
                  I have done mine on my 2008 NS Platinum.
                  looks awesome...

how did you do it? particular process, paint, etc?
                  Paceman's NT Pajero

Comment

• aussieintas
                    Valued Member
                    • Feb 2013
                    • Sorell, Tasmania

See attached screen shot below. The grey parts are actual material colour not painted.

This info can be found in the online tech manual discussed on this forum numerous times, link below. Once you open the tech manual, top left hand drop down box select Body Repair Manual, section 6 Body Colour.

Attached Files
                    2014 VW Touareg V6 diesel

Previously
                    88 NF Exe SWB 2.6 manual
                    92 NH Gls LWB 3.0 auto
                    92 NH J-Top 2.5 manual
                    99 Landcruiser Gxl 4.5 manual with all the fruit
                    95 NJ Gls SWB 3.0 auto
                    08 NS Vrx SWB 3.2 auto​

Comment

• Shogun 2000
                      Valued Member
                      • Aug 2009

Originally posted by paceman View Post
                      looks awesome...

how did you do it? particular process, paint, etc?
                      just a can of black gloss spray paint, seems to be lasting . i was going to get them done professionally but thought id try a spray can first.
                      2008 NS Platinum 17x8 alloys with 265x65x17 All Terrains. UHF, auxillary battery in 3rd row seat well, alloy bullbar. window tint. 2" lift. bonnet struts to do away with the rod. catch can, Hikeit X9 throttle controller.

Comment

• paceman
                        Valued Member
                        • Feb 2018
                        • Mackay

just a can of black gloss spray paint, seems to be lasting . i was going to get them done professionally but thought id try a spray can first.
                        good stuff... any primer?
                        Paceman's NT Pajero

Comment

• Shogun 2000
                          Valued Member
                          • Aug 2009

Originally posted by paceman View Post
                          good stuff... any primer?
                          no primer.

Comment

• NFT5
                            Valued Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • Canberra

no primer.

As a spray painter I cringe when I read stuff like this. Without commenting more on the facts that it doesn't match and the gloss level is barely above satin, it won't last and will create a lot more work if you ever decide to get it done properly.

For others thinking about doing the same thing, all I can say is "don't". If the plastic is showing its age then revive it with Auto Glym Bumper and Trim Gel, or get it painted professionally.
                            Chris

Comment

• brianjamo
                              • May 2016
                              • Engadine, NSW

Anyone ever considered doing them in a body coloured raptor finish?
                              2009 NT VRX Diesel, electric brake controller, spare wheel lift kit, ECB alloy bar, Kings lightbar and Hella driving lights, Boos bash plates, EGT pyrometer, EGR resistor mod (switchable), soon to have 2" lift, TC mod, breathers.
                              Retired - NH GLS 2.5 Diesel
                              Retired - Patrol MQ shorty diesel

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X