Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum

Go Back   Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria Public Forum > Vehicles > Challenger > PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014

PB -PC Challenger 2009 - 2014 Covering 2.5 HP diesel

Old 3 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by amec View Post
Did the valve clearance adjustment fix it for you?
Hi mate. I took my car to another dealership and was assured the issue would be rectified as they have a diamond tech. Only one in Victoria. All advice that I was given here as to what the issue may be, was immediately thrown out when I suggested it to them. After they apparently did test after test on the car it was found to be within specs. The car was kept overnight and itís first start in the morning was horrible and noisy. I received a phone call from the advisor saying they think they know what the problem is, and was promised a phone call back.
Within 30 mins I received a text to say my car was ready to be picked up. Was the biggest waste of time and money. I should of just stuck with what my local dealerships diagnosis was.
Itís funny though, they gave me a Pajero sport as a loan car. They were more interested in knowing what my thoughts on the PS was. Rant over!
Old 3 Days Ago
Valued Member

I don't think mine was a Diamond Tech. More like garnet or chert variety methinks.

What would be your reaction when finding injector seals from the previous (dealer) service where they've been treated like this . . . . and RE-USED ?

Looks like they've been pried out with a screwdriver.

Three of the four injector connector seals were in this bad state. Injector line seals looked ok.

Why wouldn't you use a drift or suitably sized socket from the back of the seal to extract it, as per the oem procedure ?

But then to re-use them as well ??

I paid for a new seal kit, not some manky ragged things that had been kicked around on the workshop floor.

Not impressed !
Injector Seals 20200801_105729.jpg
Old 2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbrown View Post
I don't think mine was a Diamond Tech. More like garnet or chert variety methinks.

What would be your reaction when finding injector seals from the previous (dealer) service where they've been treated like this . . . . and RE-USED ?

Looks like they've been pried out with a screwdriver.

Three of the four injector connector seals were in this bad state. Injector line seals looked ok.

Why wouldn't you use a drift or suitably sized socket from the back of the seal to extract it, as per the oem procedure ?

But then to re-use them as well ??

I paid for a new seal kit, not some manky ragged things that had been kicked around on the workshop floor.

Not impressed !
Attachment 44289
Itís pretty sad isnít it. You pay big money for your car to be fixed at a dealer.

I look after my car. I keep the engine bay fairly clean. So I thought Iíd have a look before I left. Only to greasy finger and hand marks everywhere but it didnít bother me much what bothered me was the clips they broke and just put them back. I went back and insisted they replace all clips they broke which they did. From now on, I wonít be going back to a dealer!
Old 2 Days Ago
Super Moderator

So PT75 is your rough idle on a cold start up fixed?

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .
Old 2 Days Ago

Quote:
Originally Posted by old Jack View Post
So PT75 is your rough idle on a cold start up fixed?

OJ.
No OJ , unfortunately itís not. I mentioned to them , what you suggested it was and asked if they could check it but as mentioned it was immediately ruled out. When I can, Iíll take the car to an independent diesel mechanic.
Old 2 Days Ago
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT75 View Post
No OJ , unfortunately itís not. I mentioned to them , what you suggested it was and asked if they could check it but as mentioned it was immediately ruled out. When I can, Iíll take the car to an independent diesel mechanic.
DDDJ also suspects it is the fuel filter bowl or the hand primer pump leaking air,the hand primer pump should go hard after 5 to 10 pumps on a cold rested engine. The fact that your hand primer pump does not pump up hard after hundreds of pumps, screams "this is the problem" to us.

OJ.
2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
Old 2 Days Ago

Quote:
DDDJ also suspects it is the fuel filter bowl or the hand primer pump leaking air,the hand primer pump should go hard after 5 to 10 pumps on a cold rested engine. The fact that your hand primer pump does not pump up hard after hundreds of pumps, screams "this is the problem" to us.

OJ.
OJ, I’m not doubting you or DDDJ. I’m not very familiar with diesels hence why I joined this forum.
I had that diamond tech sit in the car. He literally said there is nothing wrong with the car, even without no diagnosis. Like I said, I mentioned what You suggested. “No” was the response. He went on to say that each fuel system is different and that mine has a pressure relief valve of some sort.
He looked under the bonnet and said that air intake is vibrating against the fan shroud. So I looked at him and said, “and that’s causing the issue”? He looked at me again said no, and walked off. Then I turned to the service manager and told him I don’t appreciate being spoken to like shit.
I wish i had just grabbed my keys and driven off.
Old 2 Days Ago
Valued Member

Quote:

OJ.
On my Challenger after sitting overnight, it requires only four pumps of the fuel primer before it goes hard. It's rock hard at five pumps.
Old 2 Days Ago
Super Moderator

From the Genuine Mitsubishi Workshop Manual.See point 4.

The service procedure is the same as the vehicles with 4M4 engine (Refer to GROUP 13A - On-vehicle Service, Evacuation of Air from Fuel Line ).
<VEHICLES FOR AUSTRALIA AND NEW ZEALAND>

When the following service work(s) is done, refill the fuel tank and then evacuate air from the fuel line.

Fuel hose or pipe is removed
Fuel filter cartridge is replaced
Injection nozzle is removed
If necessary for access, fuel is drained from the fuel tank.

1.Loosen the air plug at the top of the fuel filter.
2.Pump the hand pump until there are no more bubbles in the fuel coming out of the air plug to prevent the escaping fuel from spraying out.
3.Tighten the air plug when there are no more bubbles in the fuel. Tighten the air plug to the specified torque.
Tightening torque: 5.0 Ī 1.0 N∑m
4.Continue pumping until the hand pump becomes stiff.
5.Finally, check to be sure that there is no leakage of fuel.

OJ.