• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kiwi1973
    Valued Member
    • Sep 2012
    • New Zealand

Pics from Kazakhstan

Some pics from our journey through Kazakhstan, en route to Kyrgyzstan.
    Attached Files
    2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.
  • GHendo
    Valued Member
    • Mar 2012
    • Northern NSW

Wow ... I had a look at your web page too. Your kids will certainly have everlasting memories of your adventures - what a childhood !!

I'm a bit envious … and admire your courage to trek to some of these places. I wish you a very safe and trouble free trip and will be keeping an eye on your progress.

Cheers
    Geoff
    03 NP Manual Di-D Exceed, 2" lift, Dobinsons Springs, Lovells Shocks, ORU Winch, ARB Bullbar, Scott's Rods 3" Exhaust, ARB Compressor, Rear Air Locker, Cooper S/T Maxx, Hella Rallye 4000 S/Lights, Pioneer AVH-X5850BT DVD/Tuner w/- Reversing Camera, Sensa Tyre monitor, Uniden UH8080NB UHF, Rhino Platform Roof Rack, Hema HN-7 GPS, Engine Watchdog, CouplerTec, CTEK D250S DC-DC Charger, Snorkel, Towbar.

Comment

• benckj
      Valued Member
      • Oct 2017
      • Alexandra , New Zealand

Extremely dry area. How are you getting on with water sourcing?

Must have another look at your blog.

Comment

• disco stu
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2018
        • Wollongong

Wow-that's something different!! Cool pictures

Comment

• Alex86
          Valued Member
          • Jul 2007
          • Here and there

In my best Borat voice.....

Very nice, I like!
          '99 NL Escape, Manual - Bullbar, roofrack, cargo barrier, D697LT, Tough Dogs, dual batts, rear draws, Narva 225 HID, UHF, led bar etc
          Towing: 4.8m Savage Centurion half-cab w/75hp Mariner

'99 NL GLS SWB, Auto - Bullbar, D697LT, spotties, UHF, Koni adjustables & King springs.

Wanted: Adventure.

Comment

• kiwi1973
            Valued Member
            • Sep 2012
            • New Zealand

Originally posted by benckj View Post
            Extremely dry area. How are you getting on with water sourcing?

Must have another look at your blog.
            There is water about. Springs come up in places. Here's another photo from the same desert as all those arid desert photos - it's a 700 year old willow tree! A spring comes up here and creates a green oasis amidst miles of arid desert. I love such places!

The area around the canyon was bone dry, but the river that flows through the canyon was crystal clear and had a large volume of water. Note from the photos that the bottom of the canyon around the river is green. Our last tank fill was from crystal clear rivers flowing in mountains that can be reached in under two hours from the desert!

I've attached a few more photos to illustrate.

In a couple of days I'll have a new blog on my website with more photos, a fuller explanation of our final route through Kazakhstan and a look forward to what's coming next in Kyrgyzstan and beyond. We're about to trade arid deserts for 4,000 plus metre mountain passes (amidst 7,500 metre mountains!). This is all above the peak of NZ's Mount Cook, so it's going to be stunning!
            Attached Files
            2007 Shogun 3.2DID. UK Diamond Spec. Harrop Eaton front E-locker. MCC Bullbar. Runva 11XP winch. 17" Dotz rims with 32" STT Pro. Koni HT RAID 90 series with +2" EHD Lovells springs. ASFIR protection plates for engine & transmission. DIY steel rocksliders. LRA 81 litre auxiliary fuel tank. Waeco CFX-40. Home made drawers & fridge slide. Dual power - 120a/h AGM with CTEK DC-DC. LED lighting. 43 litre water tank with two electric pumps - one for tap (via filter) & one via heat exchanger.

Comment

• benckj
              Valued Member
              • Oct 2017
              • Alexandra , New Zealand

That looks more like it. Thanks for the explanation.

Truck still looks like its hanging in there ok, especially with the new tyres. Could use a bath but that would be last on the list.

Comment

• kiwi1973
                Valued Member
                • Sep 2012
                • New Zealand

Originally posted by benckj View Post
                That looks more like it. Thanks for the explanation.

Truck still looks like its hanging in there ok, especially with the new tyres. Could use a bath but that would be last on the list.
                I keep meaning to come on here and mention how well the Pajero (Shogun) is performing. It's been performing for weeks on end out in the rough and feels really at home in this environment. This is my third big international trip with this same vehicle and she's not exactly young any more with over 230,000 kilometres. But it really drives as new. They're great vehicles. I'm not sure that some of the new double cab utes on the market are anywhere near as durable as the Pajero. The Isuzu Dmax might be, but I'm not sure I'd feel confident bringing say a Ford Ranger on this trip, or even the new Toyota Hilux! The Hilux had a reputation for being unbreakable, but I'm not confident the newest models will maintain that reputation.

Comment

• erad
                  Valued Member
                  • Mar 2015
                  • Cooma NSW

Kiwi:
                  You (and your family) are certainly exposing yourselves to extremes of all kinds. You make me jealous as hell, but there is very little chance of me doing such a trip, and absolutely ZERO chance of my wife even thinking of one like that. Safe travels. I am sure that you will enjoy whatever comes your way.

Comment

• bennyb29
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2015
                    • Brisbane

Originally posted by kiwi1973 View Post
                    I keep meaning to come on here and mention how well the Pajero (Shogun) is performing. It's been performing for weeks on end out in the rough and feels really at home in this environment. This is my third big international trip with this same vehicle and she's not exactly young any more with over 230,000 kilometres. But it really drives as new. They're great vehicles.

Couldn't have been more convincing.
                    Some awesome pics, there!

You could use #mitsipajero on Instagram for some added exposure.
                    Mitsubishi Pajero NT Platinum 2010

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X