• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Originally posted by RUGGA View Post
    Have you tried reading the codes?, before unplugging the battery?......... Bugga

How far/long where you driving when it just stopped?
    About 200kms. Slowed down to 50 and engine just stalled. Chip disconnected, code read and i have code 48 ge actuator active. Might have to get towed 500kms to Albany
    MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• stevemc181
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2012
      • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by sharkcaver View Post
      code 48 ge actuator active.
      This doesn't sound good and is pointing to the pump being the problem
      2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
      3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• sharkcaver
        • May 2009
        • Perth

Trailer recovered to mechanics. Paj going to Albany tomorrow. They are fully booked till Tue next week.Going to be a while before isee them both again.
        MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• stevemc181
          Valued Member
          • Sep 2012
          • Thornlie/Perth

Bummer of a way to end your trip, I hope the damage isn't too hard on the wallet! If they are going to tow it to Albany anyway, how much extra would they charge you to tow it back to Perth instead?
          2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
          3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• sharkcaver
            • May 2009
            • Perth

I believe the going rate is about $5 per kilometer. So based on that, towed from Albany to Perth would be around $2500.

Got some footage down tonight:

The road crossing where the triple was lost:

This is "jackitup creek" by sharkcaver on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

The 50Km detour wasn't much better:

This is "Gnowangerup Detour" by sharkcaver on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

The cut road at Ongerup:

and when I got across the following morning:

This is "Ongerup crossing" by sharkcaver on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
              • May 2009
              • Perth

But I did get a day and a half of fun in before it all went tips up:

This is "Hamersley Dunes" by sharkcaver on Vimeo, the home for high quality videos and the people who love them.

My Journeys

Comment

• Onslow
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2007
                • Perth, Western Australia

At least you can say your trip was a memorable one Shane! Hope you get it sorted soon. That flooding is unreal!
                NOW SOLD: NW MY2014 VRX 3.2 Diesel Auto, Rhino Rack Roof Rack, Sandgrabber Floor Mats, Safari Snorkel, Warn XP9.5S Winch, ARB Bull Bar, Bushskinz Underbody Protection, Lovells HD Springs, Bilstein Shocks, Firestone Airbags, Off Road Systems Rear Shelf, Boab 40Lt Water Tank, Cooper LT265/65x17 ST-Maxx Tyres, Uniden 7760 UHF Radio, LRA 58LT Long Range Tank, ARB Intensity Spotlights, Redarc BCDC Dual Battery System, Taipan XP 3in Exhaust System, Recaro Seats.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

Well, here is the trip report in full.

Jan 20th - 26th So 2016 comes around and I find the chance to score 10 nights away, 9 of them in the Ulti at Fitzgerald River National Par...

You have to take the bad occasionally to appreciate the good.

My Journeys

Comment

• Rovingman
                    Valued Member
                    • Jan 2014
                    • Blue mountains

Unlucky Shane, you certainly do it makes the good time real good, i was in a similar situation 2yrs ago with my TD5 land rover. Drove home in a Hyundai camper left behind took weeks to get both back.
                    looking forward to reading about your new build!
                    Pajero NT RX 2011
                    Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
                    LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X