• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BruceandBobbi
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2016
    • Greater Sydney

Another Torque Pro question.

Is it possible to have EGTs showing on Torque and what is required if it can be done?
  • Axis
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2011
    • Highett Vic

I don't think so as there is no factory sensor for EGT.
    07 NS DiD GLX Manual, Alloy Bullbar, 2" lift, Bilstein shocks, King Springs, Kumho MT51, Oricom UHF088, Prodigy P2 Brake Controller, Airtec Snorkel, Bushskinz Intercooler Guard, Boo's Sump and Tansmission Bash Plates

Comment

• BruceandBobbi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2016
      • Greater Sydney

Thanks Axis. I thought as much. Just needed it confirmed by the brains trust.

Comment

• Hatto
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2013
        • Mandurah WA

I was wondering the same thing. What about one of the other PID's to do with exhaust like Cat temp? (That's part of the exhaust system ey?) I know it will probably be a very different reading to that of EGT but would it not give you an idea of when things are getting hotter once you work out what the standard operating temperature is?
        Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
        ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• Patagonia
          Valued Member
          • Dec 2009
          • Santiago, Chile!!!!!

Originally posted by 0415discog View Post
          I was wondering the same thing. What about one of the other PID's to do with exhaust like Cat temp? (That's part of the exhaust system ey?) I know it will probably be a very different reading to that of EGT but would it not give you an idea of when things are getting hotter once you work out what the standard operating temperature is?
          "cart temp" Works. Don´t know which of the sensors reads but I find it usefull, it will read 300-350°c during normal load, can go down 200°c in a traffic jam and 680-700°c and more during DPF burns on my NS
          2000 SWB NL 3.5 SOHC V6 AT.
          Adjustable suspension, Rear Locker, Suspension Seats, Cruise Control, 8500 Lbs winch, all factory fitted.
          31x10.5R15 Pirelli ATR?s and forever thinking on the lift.
          2009 SWB NS 3.2 DOHC DID AT 265/70/17 BFG AT/KO, OME SD Springs +4 Rear locker, 8.500 Lbs Winch...new toy!!!

Comment

• svill123
            • Jul 2016
            • Australia

Yes, it is possible to read the 3x EGT sensors on 3.2L 4M41 Pajero with the active (closed type) DPF system (but not on the passive (open type) system as they don't have sensors).

You can read about it on my post here: https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/forum...593#post947593

The 'Cat B1S1' visible in the standard Torque list is actually EGT #2, the second sensor downstream which is in the middle of the Cat.
            Last edited by svill123; 05-06-21, 10:54 AM.
            NS Pajero 2007 3.2TD Auto

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X