• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BanjoPato
    • Jun 2015
    • north Coast

PB dual battery

I've read a lot of threads,both here & elsewhere,and have decided to take the plunge.
    Before I ask a few questions I'd like to thank EzDingo for all his informative thread & PM replies. I'm looking at under bonnet only.

1. It seems that the A/C pipe can be an issue & possibly depends on individual builds as to the calearance, mine is 30mm from the existing battery shroud. Yes apparently you can bent it if needed.

2.Trays, think I like the Downunder, no drilling etc. second battery will be wet cell of only 60/70 amph. Size could come into it. Will only be running a fridge.

3. Looking at an additional socket in the rear using the blank 7 seat a/c control blank.
    I've seen a thread on this but wonder what stop the panel being dislodged when you plug something in????

4. I've decided to go with a VSR of some brand but will probably be swayed by price.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
    Cheers

Don
  • whereswes
    • Feb 2015
    • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by BanjoPato View Post
    I've read a lot of threads,both here & elsewhere,and have decided to take the plunge.
    Before I ask a few questions I'd like to thank EzDingo for all his informative thread & PM replies. I'm looking at under bonnet only.

1. It seems that the A/C pipe can be an issue & possibly depends on individual builds as to the calearance, mine is 30mm from the existing battery shroud. Yes apparently you can bent it if needed.

2.Trays, think I like the Downunder, no drilling etc. second battery will be wet cell of only 60/70 amph. Size could come into it. Will only be running a fridge.

3. Looking at an additional socket in the rear using the blank 7 seat a/c control blank.
    I've seen a thread on this but wonder what stop the panel being dislodged when you plug something in????

4. I've decided to go with a VSR of some brand but will probably be swayed by price.

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.
    If you've got an auto, you may need to do a little work around the dip stick to stop it fouling but I don't believe it's anything too onerous.

Cheers
    Wes
    2014 Auto PC Challenger, TJM Bar with Centre/Side LED Bars & 12,000lb Winch, Uniden UHF, ARB Rack with single row LED Bar & Awning, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 BFG KM2s, 100AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco, Custom rear interior, HR Towbar, Combo suspension (Lovells front/ARB rear), Brown Davis LR tank, Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, Munji EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip, LM8,

Comment

• itsamitsi
      Valued Member
      • Aug 2015
      • Hervey Bay Queensland

I used Down under's tray and it's a goodn. I squeezed an 80aH SSB Dryfit in the second tray no worries. I had to bend the A/C pipe forward only slightly and sleeved it with some hose and all good. No other mods were required apart from sleeving the factory wiring a bit better and pushing it into the corner when fitting the tray.
      Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• Apollo
        • Dec 2016
        • Cooloola Coast QLD

Originally posted by itsamitsi View Post
        I used Down under's tray and it's a goodn. I squeezed an 80aH SSB Dryfit in the second tray no worries. I had to bend the A/C pipe forward only slightly and sleeved it with some hose and all good. No other mods were required apart from sleeving the factory wiring a bit better and pushing it into the corner when fitting the tray.
        Can we get a photo of the fitout in your truck. Interested in the same. Thanks

Comment

I also fitted the Downunder dual tray to my challenger. Easy fit and move the a/c pipe 20 mm at the most. Everything else did not need modifying.

Comment

• BanjoPato
            • Jun 2015
            • north Coast

Thanks faker,just measured my ad pipe as 30mm from the existing battery shroud.
            Cheers

Don

Comment

Originally posted by BanjoPato View Post
              Thanks faker,just measured my ad pipe as 30mm from the existing battery shroud.
              Can't remember how far the tray moves forward but not a lot so there is plenty of space to bend it. Don't have the car tonight to take a pic as getting a bullbar fitted at the moment

Comment

• itsamitsi
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2015
                • Hervey Bay Queensland

Originally posted by Apollo View Post
                Can we get a photo of the fitout in your truck. Interested in the same. Thanks
                Yep will do when I get a sec in daylight.
                Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• BanjoPato
                  • Jun 2015
                  • north Coast

Thanks for the replies.
                  Cheers

Don

Comment

• itsamitsi
                    Valued Member
                    • Aug 2015
                    • Hervey Bay Queensland

Here's my install.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• amec
                      Valued Member
                      • Mar 2015
                      • Wamberal

1. Easily reshaped. Just be careful not to kink it.

2. I used the same and has Been good so far.

3. Used that panel also. Have a x3 socket, 2x ciga and a double Usb plus an Anderson plug for the fridge. Panel never moves.

4. DC-DC for me. VSR for you.
                      PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• Motorace
                        • Oct 2012
                        • Brisbane

Did a very similar install with the same tray.
                        Attached Files
                        2012 PB Challenger- Auto; Full BushSkinz, Pioneer platform roof-rack, ScanGauge 2, Milspec rust proofing, custom seat mod +50mm legroom. Duel battery. Fridge box. Ome suspension.

Comment

• Motorace
                          • Oct 2012
                          • Brisbane

plus rear and custom engine fuse block
                          Attached Files
                          2012 PB Challenger- Auto; Full BushSkinz, Pioneer platform roof-rack, ScanGauge 2, Milspec rust proofing, custom seat mod +50mm legroom. Duel battery. Fridge box. Ome suspension.

Comment

• Johno_pb
                            • Aug 2015
                            • Gladstone

Bigger aux battery

I have the down under tray too and if want you can use an ns70 battery in the back of tray as your start battery and have a full size (n70z) 100+amp hour aux works great just move the wiring harness clip on the motor back another 30-50mm and the possitive reaches and then re route the negative cable and it's easy and great for camping trips so glad I did it that way and have the bigger aux and a good ns70 is plenty big enough as the start battery I can take a pic if you want when I have a minute
                            2010 PB Challenger manual,ultimate lift kit HD front comfort rear, 5899 bump mod, Hankook MT RT03 265/75/16 on black 16x7 triton steel rims, dobinson bullbar, tmax 9000lb winch, ipf spotties, cargo barrier, offroad downunder dual battery tray ns70 start 105ah aux, redarc vsd, Bushskinz 4mm bash plates x2, ironman 65lt dual zone fridge

Comment

• BanjoPato
                              • Jun 2015
                              • north Coast

All good ideas thanks,the tray & VSR have arrived so should be all sorted for the Easter trip.
                              Quick question, seeing both batteries are linked & you are effectively cranking off both,how do you know if the original starting battery dies???
                              Cheers

Don

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X