• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cookie9
    Valued Member
    • Jul 2014
    • Central Coast NSW

The updates and SQL were free for me. Which was a surprise... my car is well out of warranty. Apart from some problems, the service manager does seem to try his best to help out.

they did SQL on mine twice that day. they must have to perform an SQL after an update so they had to do it again.
    2011 LS Auto Challenger, Ultimate 50mm suspension lift, Diff breathers, OEM towbar, Bushskinz.....

Comment

• jimiw
      • Jan 2017
      • Brisbane

I just rang them and they said the SQL figures were correct and my auto/ECU updates were done when the engine overheating recall was looked at (i didnt own the car then)

does this sound right?

Warranty runs out in May so not sure what to do now
      2012 PB challenger 4WD, pretty much stock, Munji EGR electronic block, Rhino Rack SX roof platform system, Rhino Rack 2.5m X 2.5m awning.

Comment

• SwampFox55
        • Jan 2014
        • Melbourne

Originally posted by jimiw View Post
        I just rang them and they said the SQL figures were correct and my auto/ECU updates were done when the engine overheating recall was looked at (i didnt own the car then)

does this sound right?

Warranty runs out in May so not sure what to do now

Jimiw,

These are the SW part numbers you need to have installed. They came out well after the overheating recall and OJ mentioned them back in October in another thread. I contacted my dealer a couple of times and they didn’t know anything about them until I persisted and even then there was no assurance until the MUT was connected. I was the first customer at a very large dealership to ask for them to be loaded. I had to pay for the labour.

1. Change of ATF-temperature-control-pattern. New S/W part number 8631 B047 70B.

2. Change the pre-injection amount for torque sudden change improvement to prevent cruise control hunting. New S/W part number 1860B 5555 06.

General Request:

1. Has anyone noticed a change to the various diesel noises & rattles coming from their engine since October, before or after the AT unlocks under load. Also, any change to the average engine sound level or pitch, when puttering about the burbs or at highway speeds?

2. Has anyone noticed a change to these sounds after these SW updates were/are installed?

My engine has been running quieter since November (no change at idle) and is better now than ever before – bought it new at 14km. It could be Cetane Number, the pre-injection SW change or, something else. I have observed no change to shift pattern which I expected with the ATF mod. I haven’t towed since, so I’ll need to wait until then.

Cheers,

SF55

Reference:

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...829#post532829

post #32
        Last edited by SwampFox55; 23-01-17, 10:17 PM.
        White 2012 PB auto with Mitsy towbar, Smart Bar, CB radio, Philips +100% high-beam bulbs, +60% low-beam, 265 J-Trax ATs, headlight protectors, rear dust deflector, mudflap extensions & ALDI roof racks.

Comment

• whereswes
          • Feb 2015
          • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by SwampFox55 View Post
          Jimiw,

1. Change of ATF-temperature-control-pattern. New S/W part number 8631 B047 70B.
          Very interesting. My dealer advised me that changes in the ATF temperature control software was partly to blame for the increased run time of my thermo fan. Thanks for that.

Cheers
          Wes
          2014 Auto PC Challenger, TJM Bar with Centre/Side LED Bars & 12,000lb Winch, Uniden UHF, ARB Rack with single row LED Bar & Awning, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 BFG KM2s, 100AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco, Custom rear interior, HR Towbar, Combo suspension (Lovells front/ARB rear), Brown Davis LR tank, Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, Munji EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip, LM8,

Comment

• littleriver
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2013
            • Queensland

Originally posted by whereswes View Post
            Very interesting. My dealer advised me that changes in the ATF temperature control software was partly to blame for the increased run time of my thermo fan. Thanks for that.

Cheers
            Wes
            didn't realise there is a thermo fan, only airconditioning fan

thought only cooling fan for motor is the viscous coupling fan attached to front of motor ?

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• jimiw
              • Jan 2017
              • Brisbane

Originally posted by SwampFox55 View Post
              Jimiw,

These are the SW part numbers you need to have installed. They came out well after the overheating recall and OJ mentioned them back in October in another thread. I contacted my dealer a couple of times and they didn’t know anything about them until I persisted and even then there was no assurance until the MUT was connected. I was the first customer at a very large dealership to ask for them to be loaded. I had to pay for the labour.

2. Change the pre-injection amount for torque sudden change improvement to prevent cruise control hunting. New S/W part number 1860B 5555 06.

General Request:

1. Has anyone noticed a change to the various diesel noises & rattles coming from their engine since October, before or after the AT unlocks under load. Also, any change to the average engine sound level or pitch, when puttering about the burbs or at highway speeds?

2. Has anyone noticed a change to these sounds after these SW updates were/are installed?

My engine has been running quieter since November (no change at idle) and is better now than ever before – bought it new at 14km. It could be Cetane Number, the pre-injection SW change or, something else. I have observed no change to shift pattern which I expected with the ATF mod. I haven’t towed since, so I’ll need to wait until then.

Cheers,

SF55

Reference:

https://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum...829#post532829

post #32

hey swampfox55
              thanks so much! this will help a lot. I've contacted the dealer I bought the car from to see if they can do this. its a long trip away but I really wasn't impressed with the service from the Nundah Brisbane dealer I took it to yesterday they didn't even offer me a drive with a mechanic which the dealer I bought it from offered straight away.

Thanks!!
              2012 PB challenger 4WD, pretty much stock, Munji EGR electronic block, Rhino Rack SX roof platform system, Rhino Rack 2.5m X 2.5m awning.

Comment

• whereswes
                • Feb 2015
                • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by littleriver View Post

thought only cooling fan for motor is the viscous coupling fan attached to front of motor ?

My apologies, you are correct. I was referring to the viscous coupling fan and why I'm struggling to work out the relationship between this and the ATF coolant temp software (unless it's allowing it to run hotter)
                2014 Auto PC Challenger, TJM Bar with Centre/Side LED Bars & 12,000lb Winch, Uniden UHF, ARB Rack with single row LED Bar & Awning, Safari Snorkel, Boos Bash Plates, 265-75R16 BFG KM2s, 100AH AGM Battery and Redarc DC-DC to power Waeco, Custom rear interior, HR Towbar, Combo suspension (Lovells front/ARB rear), Brown Davis LR tank, Diff Breathers, 2 1/2" S/S cat back, ScangaugeII, Munji EGR controller, Bushskinz side steps, DPChip, LM8,

Comment

• shortSteve
                  • Dec 2012
                  • Perth

Originally posted by littleriver View Post

My auto PC has an extra electric controlled fan on the front of the radiater, top left above the auto transmission cooler. Both my manual PB and my manual MN Triton did not have this fan fitted.
                  I only noticed because I went to fit the transmission cooler relocation kit that I ordered with the ARB bar, cannot fit on PC

sS
                  MY13 Triton GLX Dual-Cab
                  twin locked, canopy and racks, bars front and rear, camera and sensors, bashplates and snorkel, lift and 32's, long range tank, ecu tune and exhaust and many many memories...
                  15 PC Challenger, nudge bar, tow bar, arb roof rack, IPF spotties, uhf, lift, 32's on MN GLX alloys, ORS draw system, fridge and slide, arkpak and awning....so far.

Comment

• coughy
                    Valued Member
                    • May 2014
                    • Redlands Brisbane QLD

that is the ac fan it works of the auto ac controll unit
                    turns on and off with the temp sensor inside the car near your left knee
                    so car inside temp hot it cranks
                    if in car inside cool it dont do much at all
                    My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.
                    New Custom Ultimate diesel tuning REMAP,custom rail limiter.

Comment

• old Jack
                      Regular
                      • Jun 2011
                      • Adelaide, South Australia.

I only have the circuit diagrams for Challenger MY09 to MY11 but in these models the A/C condenser fan coil relay, which is what switches the condenser fan on and off is connected to both the Engine and the AT ECUs.
                      Without knowing the logic of the ECU programs it is likely that;
                      1. The Engine ECU ensures the A/C condenser fan is switched on when the A/C when the vehicle speed is below a certain limit to ensure there is adequate airflow across the condenser so the A/C works. It also raises the idle rpm whilst the A/C is selected on. It would be also possible, if it was programmed to do so, for the Engine ECU to switch on the condenser fan if coolant temperature was above a certain limit, I have not tested this to see if this occurs.
                      2. The reason for the activation of the A/C condenser relay coil by the AT ECU is not as clear as the fA/C condenser fan does not provide any airflow over the ATF cooler. The only possible reason I can think of is that at elevated ATF temps the A/C condenser fan is switched on by the AT ECU as precaution measure so heat soak from the ATF section of the radiator has a reduced impact on the engine coolant section of the radiator and therefore coolant temperature.

OJ.
                      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• coughy
                        Valued Member
                        • May 2014
                        • Redlands Brisbane QLD

mine has a ac ecu oj that controls the fan with the help of the internal sensor and there in as outhside temp sensor at the fron of the radiator as well
                        My10 PB XLS ,Opposite lock 3 hoop black bullbar ,HID XRAY200MM Spotlights ,Uniden UHF radio,EGR off,Rear cargo barrier,Turbo Replacment and only 45K,265/70 trail climbers, 26 psi boost and 3" full turbo back custom install exhaust ,hid 35 watt driving low beam,Custom day LED running lights,dual battery kit and wiring ,105amp hour battery , 50 AMP anderson plug front and back ,raised 2" Electric Brake controller.

Comment

• coughy
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2014
                          • Redlands Brisbane QLD

Originally posted by jimiw View Post
                          hey swampfox55
                          thanks so much! this will help a lot. I've contacted the dealer I bought the car from to see if they can do this. its a long trip away but I really wasn't impressed with the service from the Nundah Brisbane dealer I took it to yesterday they didn't even offer me a drive with a mechanic which the dealer I bought it from offered straight away.

Thanks!!
                          lol looks like mine is way out of date lol i need to see a stealer to updtae lol

this is what the stealers see

Comment

• old Jack
                            Regular
                            • Jun 2011
                            • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by coughy View Post
                            mine has a ac ecu oj that controls the fan with the help of the internal sensor and there in as outhside temp sensor at the fron of the radiator as well
                            I have looked closely at the circuit diagram for the automatic air-conditioning and the fan which is controlled by the internal temperature sensor and the outside air temperature is the internal cabin blower fan and not the A/C condenser fan mounted on the front of the condenser in front of the radiator. The A/C condenser fan operation is the same in all MY09 to MY11 and is controlled by both the Engine and AT ECUs.

OJ.
                            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• whereswes
                              • Feb 2015
                              • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                              2. The reason for the activation of the A/C condenser relay coil by the AT ECU is not as clear as the fA/C condenser fan does not provide any airflow over the ATF cooler. The only possible reason I can think of is that at elevated ATF temps the A/C condenser fan is switched on by the AT ECU as precaution measure so heat soak from the ATF section of the radiator has a reduced impact on the engine coolant section of the radiator and therefore coolant temperature.

OJ.
                              Hi OJ. That is interesting and consistent with the behavior I'm getting.

Engine temp has no influence on the fans operation that I can tell. I can let the motor idle up to operating temperature and then run hard to +90 deg without any fan noise until ............ A/T temps reach the high 50s/low 60s.

I then get fan operation in each gearing driving up through from idle to around 2,500 rpm. It then gradually stops (winds down) until I accelerate again.

Ambient air temp appears to have very little influence other than how quickly the A/T warms up.

What doesn't make sense is whilst the fan is operating, there appears to be loss of power which I cannot explain. Not huge, but definitely noticeable.

Dealer says normal fan operation but I know it wasn't there from new. They also blame restricted airflow from the TJM bar, again which was fitted from new, by them.

Happened on a weekend. Friday OK. Saturday refueled. Sunday pressure washed (just exterior, not engine bay). Monday, excess fan operation. That was over a year ago.

Cheers
                              Wes

Comment

• whereswes
                                • Feb 2015
                                • Melbourne, Australia

Originally posted by coughy View Post
                                Coughy, you've given me food for thought. Outside temp sensor in front of the radiator.

A couple of days desert driving. A week later, a high pressure wash through the grill.

Just maybe ..........

Also after stuffing around with different bash plate set ups to redirect air, not an ounce of difference.

Cheers
                                Wes

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X