• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • shortSteve
    • Dec 2012
    • Perth

Originally posted by Flatbiskit View Post
    Hi ShortSteve, thanks for that, the more I learn the less people went with 3". Was there a specific reason you went with 2.75"? I like the fact it is not very noisey as I dont really want that. Did you notice any more power/torque when towing, or just lower temps?

Thanks
    I initially went with the Beaudesert 2.75 on the triton after hearing of multiple overboost issues with straight through 3 in systems. In hindsight tho it seems more to be specific vehicle problems than just a cause of the exhaust size. But, I was happy with the price, service and longevity of the system on the Triton, so ordered one for the Challenger to fit as soon as the car arrived. Fitted it after the first service so I could compare before and after fitment.
    On the manual triton (which doesn't develop reasonable boost until 1800rpm+) it was maybe a lil less torquey to get moving, but revved so much quicker through the rev range. Economy improved very slightly but overtaking power was noticeably better. In the auto Challenger, I never noticed any dip in low rev performance, most likely masked by the transmission, but foot down and revving out was again noticeably improved. Due to early stage of fitment a fair comment on fuel usage wasn't possible.

sS
    MY13 Triton GLX Dual-Cab
    twin locked, canopy and racks, bars front and rear, camera and sensors, bashplates and snorkel, lift and 32's, long range tank, ecu tune and exhaust and many many memories...
    15 PC Challenger, nudge bar, tow bar, arb roof rack, IPF spotties, uhf, lift, 32's on MN GLX alloys, ORS draw system, fridge and slide, arkpak and awning....so far.

Comment

• Flatbiskit
      • Jan 2011
      • ACT

Originally posted by shortSteve View Post
      I initially went with the Beaudesert 2.75 on the triton after hearing of multiple overboost issues with straight through 3 in systems. In hindsight tho it seems more to be specific vehicle problems than just a cause of the exhaust size. But, I was happy with the price, service and longevity of the system on the Triton, so ordered one for the Challenger to fit as soon as the car arrived. Fitted it after the first service so I could compare before and after fitment.
      On the manual triton (which doesn't develop reasonable boost until 1800rpm+) it was maybe a lil less torquey to get moving, but revved so much quicker through the rev range. Economy improved very slightly but overtaking power was noticeably better. In the auto Challenger, I never noticed any dip in low rev performance, most likely masked by the transmission, but foot down and revving out was again noticeably improved. Due to early stage of fitment a fair comment on fuel usage wasn't possible.

sS
      Thanks shortsteve. That is what I am being told as well by the exhaust shops that it is more vehicle specific. They have also said that if you have an ECU tune the tuner can program it so there are no overboost issues.

Geoff.
      2013 Auto Challenger, TJM bull bar and 9,500Lbs winch | Icom 440n UHF | Ultimate Suspension 2" lift with air bags | Titan rear draws | Still more to come.

Comment

• shortSteve
        • Dec 2012
        • Perth

Originally posted by Flatbiskit View Post
        Thanks shortsteve. That is what I am being told as well by the exhaust shops that it is more vehicle specific. They have also said that if you have an ECU tune the tuner can program it so there are no overboost issues.

Geoff.
        My Triton was ecu tuned and had around 25psi max boost, 500nm and 200hp iirc (dyno's all read different so don't expect these figures to mean much, but was significantly faster and way more torque, could just side step the clutch and pull from idle, or 1200rpm with the 2T caravan). The challenger usually sits around 23psi max. Used to be 19-21 max but now has a very mild chip that only operates on high throttle % (is wired into the accelerator pedal aswell as injectors/map line). Only really changes tune above 3200-3500 rpm.
        MY13 Triton GLX Dual-Cab
        twin locked, canopy and racks, bars front and rear, camera and sensors, bashplates and snorkel, lift and 32's, long range tank, ecu tune and exhaust and many many memories...
        15 PC Challenger, nudge bar, tow bar, arb roof rack, IPF spotties, uhf, lift, 32's on MN GLX alloys, ORS draw system, fridge and slide, arkpak and awning....so far.

Comment

• amec
          Valued Member
          • Mar 2015
          • Wamberal

Feeling like a play on the way to work this morning.

Pulled out onto the main arterial road, "The Central Coast Hwy" at Wamberal.
          Kept it in sports mode with the torque convertor locked. Easy to do at 4 in the am.

Played with the paddles, never touched 5th. Watched the display go down through 10pkh, down to 9.2pkh.

Then got to work, and had to go collect a trailer portapotty because the 50 peeps on site had no ability to flush the good ol #2's due to a burst main.

Interesting driving a trailer portapotty with water in it. Handles far worse than a Cat1 fire tanker with a partially filled tank.
          PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X