• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mattpaj
    • Feb 2016
    • VIC

clutch slipping

Hey guys,
    I have a 97 nk with an NL 3.5 petrol Sohc engine. Engine was fitted with new clutch about 4000 km ago runs fine on the road. Has 60mm front lift and 75mm rear. When I have had her on the beach the clutch slips a lot under load. Will sometimes slip rather than spin the wheel. I don't know what clutch was put in due to being on the opposite side of the country to the car when it was being sorted.
    It it likely to be that a poor quality clutch was fitted or is it just adjusted incorrectly. If the latter, is it possible to adjust it without stripping the whole thing down?
    Cheers.
    Matt
  • dolphin
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2008

you could try re bleeding the master cylinder then the slave cylinder and see how the clutch goes from there. there is a chance it could be the slave cylinder piston is not fully returning which will cause a clutch slip, its just like you keeping your foot on the clutch pedal abit which will slip the clutch.
    NS 3.2 Diesel, Polor White , Black CSA Rims, HanKook Dynapro AT Tyres, 3 inch custom stainless steel exhaust with free flow Cat & Muffler, 50mm Lift, Old Man Emu Shocks and Springs, TJM Bullbar powder coated White, Custom 7mm Sump Guard & Transmission Guard, 8 inch LED Spotties plus 20 inch LED Light Bar, rear Reverse LED Light, ARB Roof Cage , Tiger11 Awning.

Comment

• stumagoo
      Valued Member
      • Jun 2014
      • Perth WA S.O.R

looks like you finally get this back. great stuff. hope you can get the clutch issue sorted as well. while on the road clutch slipping is most prevalent in the higher gears at low rpms, on the beach I would imagine the sand bogging down the tires can put even more load on the clutch.
      1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
      *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
      1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

• Mattpaj
        • Feb 2016
        • VIC

Cheers Stu. Finally got her back. After a nightmare thanks for all the help you gave at the time.

Comment

• Mattpaj
          • Feb 2016
          • VIC

Thanks Dolpin. I'll give that a go

Comment

• stumagoo
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2014
            • Perth WA S.O.R

now you just got to get out with the other perth chaps, a few of us did a family overnighter at wilbinga this weekend
            1994 NJ 3.0 now with a 2000NL 3.5 engine and driveline, 2.5 catback, 32" MT Deegan 38's, 1" body lift, front diff drop with front tension rods indexed and cranked an 3", 3" on the rear coils
            *** retired to the big wrecking yard in the sky***
            1998 NL 3.5 blisterside, running a 6g75 (3.8) with M90 supercharger at 14psi, 305.70.16's on -44 rims 3.5" suspension lift, Custom Bull bar, winch install, custom front control arms, NJ GLS flares and some camping gear in the back

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X