• May 2014
    • WA

Pajero wins Finke Desert Race production class

Pickering takes production class victory in Finke Desert Race
  • Phil
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2008
    • Sydney

How many production 4wd victories has he notched up now. 10 plus.
    MY05 NP DiD Auto Platinum. Custom scratches. ARB bar & 12000lbs winch. Maxxis Bighorns. BushSkinz Bash plates & slidders. TJM auto guard. Gear box, trans & diff breathers. Rhino racks & Pod. Awning with LED. Dual batteries. HID Narva 225's. Airtec snorkel. 2" Lovell/Bilstein lift. GME TX3500. Wetseat covers. Pioneer BT deck. Cargo barrier. Beaudesert exhaust. Rear storage & CF80. ARB onboard air. NS 18s for the black top, 80L LRA tank. HPD Catch Can. HPD Intercooler.

Comment

• Rovingman
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2014
      • Blue mountains

Sweet
      Whats the scoop on the top Air intake? back through the inside of the car?
      Pajero NT RX 2011
      Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
      LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• Naviguesser
        Valued Member
        • Dec 2013
        • Crib Point Vic

Originally posted by Rovingman View Post
        Whats the scoop on the top Air intake? back through the inside of the car?
        It creates pressure in the car, keeping the dust out.
        Used in rally cars for years.
        MY14 NW GLX-R DiD
        ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Dual Batteries, Tinted Windows, Spare Tyre Lift, Toyo Open Country 2. EGR Block. GME UHF. Illuminator 9" LED Driving Lights.
        TJM XGS Gold Series Shocks, EFS Coils, Polyairs.
        Now towing a 19ft regent Caravan

Member of the Cynical Old Bloke Club

Comment

• Rovingman
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2014
          • Blue mountains

See you learn something everyday on this forum!!!
          Pajero NT RX 2011
          Dark tint: Driftadraws:bushskinz set:tough dog lift:50lt waeco:MSA drop down slide: optima 66AH blue top: oricom cb:GME antenna:120w solar:narva 170 lights:hayman reese brake controller:18/265/65 BFG's :roof basket & bag:SPV MK3.1:ARB compressor: Donaldson fuel filter:breathers:Redarc 40amp:century 120AH dual batt: Blue tongue offroad trekka camper trailer :2016 winch n bar Airtek snorkel
          LIVING THE DREAM!! My Build http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ad.php?t=44476

Comment

• Dicko1
            Valued Member
            • Dec 2014
            • Cairns, FNQ

Production Class....nothing like a vehicle you would see on the road though.
            Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• stevemc181
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2012
              • Thornlie/Perth

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
              Production Class....nothing like a vehicle you would see on the road though.
              Still beat the FJ Cruiser, 2 x Nissans and Jeep in the same class. The Nissans and Jeep were all DNF.
              2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
              3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Dicko1
                Valued Member
                • Dec 2014
                • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                Still beat the FJ Cruiser, 2 x Nissans and Jeep in the same class. The Nissans and Jeep were all DNF.
                Still means nothing Steve. Many years ago we had a motorcycle race called the Castrol 6 Hour . This was for production motorcycles. And I mean production. Bikes were randomly picked from wharehouse. Assembled and security wire/lock in place. True production vehicles. I can remember SUZUKI LOST IT ONE YEAR AS IT REMOVED THE LITTLE HORN THAT WAS LOCATED ON THE DOWN TUBES IN FRONT OF THE CYLINDERS. aNOTHER YEAR bmw LOST IT BECAUSE THEY PUT A SUSPENSION SPACER IN UPSIDE DOWN, FOR A FEW MM EXTRA TRAVEL, AND WERE DISQUALIFIED. No modified suspension, electronics or fuel gizmos. Made for exciting racing. However as with anything people wanted more and soon little modifications became big ones. Race died.

Every time I see the word PRODUCTION, I cringe. Its bs at its finest. Now its all about advertising bragging regardless of how many millions it cost to achieve. Feed the public crap...they love it..
                Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• stevemc181
                  Valued Member
                  • Sep 2012
                  • Thornlie/Perth

I wouldn't say it means nothing, the Paj still beat other manufacturers in the same class with similar modifications.
                  Obviously production class these days does not mean they are the same as what we drive daily, but there are limits to how much modifying they can do.

The old adage, win on Sunday and sell on Monday!
                  The Castrol 6 hr bikes were standard but were allowed changes to Handlebars/Tyres and brake pads. I've owned a few of the bike models that were regulars at the 6hr over the years, been a long time off a bike now though!
                  Last edited by stevemc181; 27-07-15, 05:55 PM.
                  2012 NW Activ with all the fruit, stripped what I could for my new build and handed over to the Mrs as a daily driver.

Current vehicle: 2016 Y61 GU Patrol Legend series Auto, (Last of the Breed)
                  3505kg GVM Upgrade and 2" Lift | Warn XD 9000 Winch | Factory steel bar, towbar, snorkel, alloy roof rack | 285/70/17 (33") Mickey T ATZ P3's | 3" Manta Exhaust | ORS Drawer System | Manual Boost Controller | ECU Remap |

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by stevemc181 View Post
                    I wouldn't say it means nothing, the Paj still beat other manufacturers in the same class with similar modifications.
                    Obviously production class these days does not mean they are the same as what we drive daily, but there are limits to how much modifying they can do.

The old adage, win on Sunday and sell on Monday!
                    The Castrol 6 hr bikes were standard but were allowed changes to Handlebars/Tyres and brake pads. I've owned a few of the bike models that were regulars at the 6hr over the years, been a long time off a bike now though!
                    I,m old school and still think of Production as just that...what is produced by the factory. I agree that for safety, brake pads, tyres and bugger all else should be allowed to be modified. I had all the kwaka models, H1, H2, Z900 ,Z1000 AND THE Z1300. Ride the Fatboy now. Days of boy-racer are long gone....pity...
                    Dicko. FNQ

Comment

• GOSSAMER
                      Valued Member
                      • Apr 2008
                      • doncaster east vic

I follow Geoff on facebook and their prep is amazing after each race the engine, gearbox and diffs are removed, inspected and reinstalled.
                      Back from the Dark side
                      NT VRX, Ironbark, Dobinson suspension, Kanati muddies 275 65 18, Boo's bash plates (now with dents )

Comment

• famcc
                        • May 2014
                        • WA

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
                        Still means nothing Steve. Many years ago we had a motorcycle race called the Castrol 6 Hour . This was for production motorcycles. And I mean production. Bikes were randomly picked from wharehouse. Assembled and security wire/lock in place. True production vehicles. I can remember SUZUKI LOST IT ONE YEAR AS IT REMOVED THE LITTLE HORN THAT WAS LOCATED ON THE DOWN TUBES IN FRONT OF THE CYLINDERS. aNOTHER YEAR bmw LOST IT BECAUSE THEY PUT A SUSPENSION SPACER IN UPSIDE DOWN, FOR A FEW MM EXTRA TRAVEL, AND WERE DISQUALIFIED. No modified suspension, electronics or fuel gizmos. Made for exciting racing. However as with anything people wanted more and soon little modifications became big ones. Race died.

Every time I see the word PRODUCTION, I cringe. Its bs at its finest. Now its all about advertising bragging regardless of how many millions it cost to achieve. Feed the public crap...they love it..
                        Still you've got to be reasonable about it.
                        One: most races wouldn't last long on standard shocks and tires, especially not 460km of roads from hell. It'll just become a destruction derby.
                        Two: To avoid carnage and lawyers, you need roll cages and 5 point harnesses, no two hoots about it.
                        Three: Strip all the crap out, eventually superfluous features will become projectiles.

This is basically what Pickering have done to the Pajero. They even use genuine parts.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X