Below Nav Bar

Collapse

Rear Bumper Protection Completed NS-NT!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Pearcie
    BushSkinz 4x4
    • Nov 2007
    • Wattagans

Thats correct mate my paj has the rear parking sensors and no dramas with the rear parking sensors.

Cheers,
    Kieron
    2012 Holden RG Colorado LX 2.8L Auto "Rad Rado"
    Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Retired: NS Pajero Exceed 3.8L

Retired: NS SWB X DiD "The BushSkinz lil Paj"

http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=9928

Retired: NM Pajero 3.5L

www.bushskinz4x4.com.au[/SIZE]

Comment

• AJC
      Valued Member
      • Sep 2009
      • ACT

good stuff Pearice. NP??
      Gone: 2004 21st Anniversary NP DiD Auto with 215ks, EcoShot diesel gas, bullbar, drive lights, snorkel, UHF, 2nd battery + Redarc isolator & wired for fridge + trailer Anderson plug, Mits 2.5 ton towbar, Lovell 50mm HD springs + shocks + Polyairbags, torque converter lock-up.

Selling some touring kit - see Marketplace

Arrived: 2011 Discovery 4 2.7 TDV6 - The difference is amazing... Paj definitely designed in the 1990s and at a lower price point!

Comment

• Pearcie
        BushSkinz 4x4
        • Nov 2007
        • Wattagans

I believe the NP tow bar is slightly different, I haven't found a local NP at the moment to test fit. But once I do I will let you know.

Cheers,
        Kieron
        Snorkel, Bilstein & Kings 50mm Lift, Custom Sliders, BushSkinz Underbody Protection, UHF, ARB Compressor, Ironman Bull Bar, Ironman 9500lb Rope Winch, Ironman HID Spotties, BFG KM2 Muddies.

Comment

• Silver Streak
          Valued Member
          • May 2010
          • Adelaide. South Aust.

Good to see rear sensors are well out the way.
          Well done again Kieron.

Last edited by Silver Streak; 02-03-11, 04:33 PM.
          Cheers, Tony.

Silver Streak.

2010 NT (Nov) Platinum Pajero, DiD auto, Iron Bark.
          Factory Tow-bar, Colour coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar, Hankook Dynopro RT03 MT Tyres, 265/R70x17, Bilstein/Lovell HD 2" lift kit, Bushskinz underbody protection plates, Navar Blue 225's, TJM Airtec Snorkel, Tinted Pajero Bonnet Protector, Uniden UH7750NB UHF-CB, Rhino Rack Sunseeker ll Awning (2.5m x 2m), Full Tint + UV film on privacy glass, Dash Mat, Techniice 60ltr Fridge/Freezer.

Comment

• Richo-NT
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2009
            • Brisbane

Hi Kieron,

excellent work mate, I remember seeing a very early mock up of it when it was just a few bars put together and remember thinking that it'll do the job but I'd be taking it off when not in use because it didn't look that flash, but the finnished version actually looks really good! And its a really clever design too, I like it.

I will definetly be getting one, in black, I'll email you when I have the cash to go.

Finally I can get my badly mangled up rear bumper replaced without fear of wrecking it again the second I select low range...
            2009 NT Pajero GLX 3.2 Auto - Sold

Comment

• CeeJay
              Valued Member
              • Sep 2008
              • Samford, QLD

I'm still going to leave my mangled bumper on anyway.... too far gone now!

2008 NS DiD GLX, ARB bar, Warn winch, BFG ATs, Bilstein/Lovell 2" lift, Milford barrier, VMS GPS, Rhino platform rack, Uniden UHF, Mobile 1 antenna, MMA tow bar, DIY dual battery system, Outback rear storage, Bushskinz bash plates x 3, custom steel sliders, Airtec snorkel, Narva HIDs, Ironman awning, ERPS, Glind hot water

Comment

• Pearcie
                BushSkinz 4x4
                • Nov 2007
                • Wattagans

Sounds good Richo I have a few on order at the moment that I am fabricating so I will put together a couple extra so hopefully it will be ready for you as there is normally about a 2 week lead time when I make them to order.

Ceejay I guess once its stuffed you may as well stuff it completely before replacing the bumper as they aren't the cheapest thing in the Mitsu spare parts department.

Cheers,
                Kieron

Comment

• mark_andrews
                  • Jun 2011
                  • Sydney

Nice work with the bumper guard. I am planning of putting like this on my pajero. Maybe next month when I able to buy that bumper guard I've seen on a car parts store near my place.
                  Last edited by mark_andrews; 15-07-11, 11:01 AM.

Comment

• rebelone607
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2009
                    • Urunga NSW

Have you done one yet for the NP????
                    Merv
                    Merv. 2011 Dmax LSU auto Auto. Canopy and tow pack, Al. bull bar and winch, cargo drawers, dual battery, canopy racks with support bars, tub liner, in dash nav system, t.p.m.s. Tough dog 45mm lift and upgrade, uhf, Long Ranger fuel tank, MAL Powerchip
                    Other toys:19' Jayco Starcraft o/b caravan, 4.75 mtr Quintrex Bay Hunter boat. 3.7 mtr tinny

I plan on living forever - so far so good

Comment

• AJC
                      Valued Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • ACT

Originally posted by Pearcie View Post
                      Hi Guys,
                      Well good news I have finally had a chance to nut out the rear bumper protection for the NS and NT Pajeros both SWB and LWB which are fitted with the Mitsubishi Tow Bar. The Design which I have finalised allows you to swap between towing and rear recovery hitch without removing the bar which is a major advantage and you only need to undo 2 bolts to be able to remove it when not required.

It will take a fair bit of punishment with brackets made from 8mm thick plate, the rear section has a 3mm wall thickness and the mount in the center where the recovery hitch and tow bar go through has a 5mm wall thickness and to top it off the skid plate underneath is 3mm thick as well.

I have attached a few pics which show it pretty nicely, we have managed to keep it nicely tucked in close to the rear bumper and also flows on nicely from the aux fuel tank on our SWB. Best of all it should stop the rear bumper from acting as a sand scoop on the beach which I found was a major problem on our last LWB as we always tore out the area about 600mm either side of the tow bar.

Anyway at this stage we will be making them to order and depending on interest we may or may not have them as a regular item. But if you want one I will be doing them for only $450 without a recovery hitch or $500 with a recovery hitch. (please note you need to have a recovery hitch or the tow bar installed as it forms an important part of the mounting system and you will need a recovery hitch should you need to use a recovery point at the rear of the vehicle.)

When I get a chance I will get under an NM/NP as I believe their tow bar is a little different.

I look forward to hearing from you guys soon!!!

[email protected]

Cheers,
                      Kieron
                      yep, NP Kieron?

and another thought for the towing brigade...if you extended the top bar full width you could also add big rock tamer style mud flaps..two birds with one stone effect. For example, see the tamers i have, attached.
                      Attached Files
                      Gone: 2004 21st Anniversary NP DiD Auto with 215ks, EcoShot diesel gas, bullbar, drive lights, snorkel, UHF, 2nd battery + Redarc isolator & wired for fridge + trailer Anderson plug, Mits 2.5 ton towbar, Lovell 50mm HD springs + shocks + Polyairbags, torque converter lock-up.

Selling some touring kit - see Marketplace

Arrived: 2011 Discovery 4 2.7 TDV6 - The difference is amazing... Paj definitely designed in the 1990s and at a lower price point!

Comment

• Pearcie
                        BushSkinz 4x4
                        • Nov 2007
                        • Wattagans

Hi guys,
                        We have a local guy now with an NP and we have been meaning to organise to see what we need to do. So it is definitely something we are going to do. I have just been a little too busy lately to find the time.

They are all made to order so should somebody want one to be made full width we can definitely do that and then all you would need to do is add the flap...

Cheers,
                        Kieron

Comment

• Dion
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2010
                          • Brisbane

Kieron,

Can you tell me how it mounts up - where does it bolt on? And what's the approx weight?
                          2010 NT DiD Platinum Auto (Warm White). ARB Sahara Bar (colour coded), ARB dual battery with Redarc, Ultimate Suspension, Redarc remote BC, Bushskinz plates, D694s, Rhino Pioneer Platform, Engel 40L, Hella Compact HIDs, UH7760NB, Scangauge II, Rear shelf storage, Bushskinz rear bumper protection.

Comment

• Pearcie
                            BushSkinz 4x4
                            • Nov 2007
                            • Wattagans

Hi Dion,
                            It is about 15kg, and bolts using 2 very large bolts through the eyelets of the tow bar and also has a section for the tow bar or rear recovery hitch to slide through stopping it from pivoting. It is a good fit so it doesn't rattle or anything like that and is very very solid....

Cheers,
                            Kieron

Comment

• BeeGee
                              • Aug 2011
                              • Perth

Kieron, thanks again for the bushskinz and Lovells.

Smooth transaction and all fitted. A few photos up here:

keep up the great work.
                              cheers,
                              BeeGee
                              Gunmetal 2007 Pajero GLX DiD Auto, 50mm raised Lovell HD's, Bilsteins, Rear diff lock, long range tank (60L), bull bar, spotties, roof racks, dual batteries, rear wiring for fridge, BFG AT's, Bushskinz underbody protection. 2014 Jayco Swan Outback camper trailer.

Comment

• Pearcie
                                BushSkinz 4x4
                                • Nov 2007
                                • Wattagans

Thanks BeeGee!!!

Website is now up to date with the rear bumper protection listed and also the transfer case guards, now just need to get some new pics

Cheers,
                                Kieron

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X