• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

Originally posted by Dicko1 View Post
    Dont know mate. I did read about the cases being made of a more heat resistant/radiated material though.. Heat is the biggest killer of batteries so if you can limit the heat getting in then your onto a good thing. I know Century batteries advise against fitting agm under bonnet. Many of the European cars with the stop/start innovation are being set up with agm,s .
    a bit of heat insulation wouldn't go astray can buy on fleabay

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Dicko1
      Valued Member
      • Dec 2014
      • Cairns, FNQ

HERES SOME INFO

"
      The CBC Series is designed for cyclic (deep cycle), starting and standby applications and can be used in confined or poorly ventilated spaces.
      We use advanced engineering techniques to ensure that Fusion CBC Series batteries remain one of the highest quality batteries available in Australia’s with up to 30% more cycle life than other leading brands. Some of this technology includes using a special alloy that significantly increases cycle life and allows the battery to be deeply discharged not to mention the state-of-the-art Thermal Management System that keeps the battery cool especially during charging thus increasing the life of the battery and making it better suited to hotter climates like in Australia’s top end.
      We also use unique fluid displacement technology to stop separation of fluid from the plates which is caused by vibration and prevents overheating of the battery. This increases the cycle & service life of the battery even further and makes them extremely resistant to vibration.
      Fusion CBC Series batteries are manufactured to Quality Assurance Standard ISO 9001, comply with Australian Standard AS4029.2-2000 . The battery is also made using Flame Retardant ABS Plastic, making it the safest battery available in Australia.
      Unlike most other AGM brands, Fusion CBC Series are suitable for under bonnet use meaning that they can also be used in cars, 4WD’s, motor homes, buses and commercial equipment. They are also the perfect choice for dual battery systems, caravans, boats and even camping. The fine print of almost all other AGM brands exclude under bonnet use."

SSB abd FUSION come from the same factory..
      Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• Merts
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2011
        • Bendigo Vic

HERES SOME INFO

"
        The CBC Series is designed for cyclic (deep cycle), starting and standby applications and can be used in confined or poorly ventilated spaces.
        We use advanced engineering techniques to ensure that Fusion CBC Series batteries remain one of the highest quality batteries available in Australia’s with up to 30% more cycle life than other leading brands. Some of this technology includes using a special alloy that significantly increases cycle life and allows the battery to be deeply discharged not to mention the state-of-the-art Thermal Management System that keeps the battery cool especially during charging thus increasing the life of the battery and making it better suited to hotter climates like in Australia’s top end.
        We also use unique fluid displacement technology to stop separation of fluid from the plates which is caused by vibration and prevents overheating of the battery. This increases the cycle & service life of the battery even further and makes them extremely resistant to vibration.
        Fusion CBC Series batteries are manufactured to Quality Assurance Standard ISO 9001, comply with Australian Standard AS4029.2-2000 . The battery is also made using Flame Retardant ABS Plastic, making it the safest battery available in Australia.
        Unlike most other AGM brands, Fusion CBC Series are suitable for under bonnet use meaning that they can also be used in cars, 4WD’s, motor homes, buses and commercial equipment. They are also the perfect choice for dual battery systems, caravans, boats and even camping. The fine print of almost all other AGM brands exclude under bonnet use."

SSB abd FUSION come from the same factory..
        Merts
        Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
        Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• Vix2010
          • Jan 2015
          • Wamboin NSW

Thanks for all the input, I might have to put the trickle charge on over the weekend and see how we go, need to save a few $$$ for a new battery.
          NT GLS DiD auto, ARB Bar,22" Cree Light Bar, Oricom UHF, Hankook Dynapro MT 265/70r17, CSA Granite Rims, Dobinsons 2" Lift, Safari Snorkle,Custom 3" exhaust, Thule roof racks,Kings awning,roof cage

Love The Paj 👍👍
          (Everything happens for a reason)

Comment

• Quietguy
            Valued Member
            • Jun 2011
            • Forster, NSW

[QUOTE=Vix2010;536526]I think it must be time for a new battery, i left the radio on with all the interior lights off to clean the car out, after about 30-45 minutes the battery was bloody dead, to make it worse i was about to leave for work

Same thing happened to me with my NW when it was about 18months old. Replaced it with a Century 4WD battery.

Paj is now 5 years old and Century battery is stil working like new

David

PS You just lift out the plastic insert in your battery tray and the larger battery fits perfectly.

Comment

• activnt
              • May 2010

the Optima Yellow Top D27F fits in the stock tray nicely and has plenty of CCA and AH. A bit pricey but given its needed to start the car and run the winch kinda want it to be reliable.
              2010 Gold ACTiV NT: twin lockers, lift, lights, winch & other stuff

Comment

• pajeromack
                Valued Member
                • Jun 2014
                • NSW

Had a GS Yuasa in my old Pajero which performed great despite going flat a few times.

Comment

• DaveH
                  Valued Member
                  • Dec 2010
                  • sydney

The biggest starting battery I can fit is the NS70LX because it is in an aftermarket battery carrier behind the fire wall. The original location is used for my second battery.

I find after 3 1/2 to 4 years use the battery is slightly slower at starting and as use the PJ in the bush and I don't want any issues I replace it. The battery may last longer but I don't risk it.
                  2010 NT DiD Platinum, MM tow bar, Red Arc electric brake controller, ARB Delux bullbar, Ultimate HD suspension and shocks, Engineers cert for GVM upgrade, Airtech snorkle, Cooper ST Maxx, 2nd Battery+ extra sockets, catch can, intercooler/ sump/ transmission guard, scan guage II, Hid driving lights, Ironman awning, daytime driving lights + other little bits

Comment

• Dicko1
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2014
                    • Cairns, FNQ

Originally posted by DaveH View Post
                    The biggest starting battery I can fit is the NS70LX because it is in an aftermarket battery carrier behind the fire wall. The original location is used for my second battery.

I find after 3 1/2 to 4 years use the battery is slightly slower at starting and as use the PJ in the bush and I don't want any issues I replace it. The battery may last longer but I don't risk it.

You will also find that if you hook the battery up to a good quality 240v charger once a month it will last a lot longer..
                    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.

TIME....1000 times more valuable than money

Comment

• DaveH
                      Valued Member
                      • Dec 2010
                      • sydney

You will also find that if you hook the battery up to a good quality 240v charger once a month it will last a lot longer..
                      Hi Dicko1, I'm not sure what you are getting at. I use the PJ for long drives. Every 3 weeks i travel Sydney to Gosford which is 100k each way. Also do some smaller trips around Sydney of about 20k at a time. When I go bush it is many 1000's of kms over a few weeks.

Thus I not sure why I would need to charge the battery as it should always be topped up from general driving.

I just replaced the battery last month in preparation for doing Victorian high country in April. Maybe I'm just cautious but as I said I don't want to have a failure in an out of the way place and have to rely on my trip companions though I know some people like to risk it.
                      2010 NT DiD Platinum, MM tow bar, Red Arc electric brake controller, ARB Delux bullbar, Ultimate HD suspension and shocks, Engineers cert for GVM upgrade, Airtech snorkle, Cooper ST Maxx, 2nd Battery+ extra sockets, catch can, intercooler/ sump/ transmission guard, scan guage II, Hid driving lights, Ironman awning, daytime driving lights + other little bits

Comment

• erad
                        Valued Member
                        • Mar 2015
                        • Cooma NSW

What eventually kills a battery is the buildup of sulphite on the plates inside the battery cells. That alone stops current from flowing freely, but more importantly when you drive over oorrugated roads, it shakes the stuff loose and it falls to the bottom of the battery. Hopefully there is enough room to take a reasonable amount of crud, but eventually some of it can short out and then you lose a cell. There isn't much you can do about it, other than use a new battery when you intend to go bush.

Comment

• DAUMULLER
                          • Oct 2010
                          • Capetown

Battery selection

I've had a couple of these in my NP they last about 4 years. Mine cop a flogging because I only have a single battery and use an Engel and light on all our trips. The advantage is rapid recharge when depleted good cranking amps and good capacity. I just keep an eye on the voltage level with a volt meter next to my fridge and run the car if required occasionally (if your not using it anyway)

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X