• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jimiw
    • Jan 2017
    • Brisbane

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
    Used a 2 position DPDT switch installed in the wiring loom on the firewall.
    Stripping and soldering small gauge wire skills required.

Connected per diagram below;

1. Black/Blue wire to Thermistor.
    3. Black/Blue wire to ECU.
    5. Black/Blue wire to 3.9K Ohm Resistor.
    2. Yellow/Blue wire to Thermistor.
    4. Yellow/Blue wire to ECU.
    6. Yellow/Blue wire to 3.9K Ohm Resistor.

cheers, OJ.

Hey OJ,

maybe i missed it but i have just read 50 pages in 15 minutes... what are you doing with the yellow blue/wire what one is that for? What I could see just involves the blue/blk
    why have you decided on the 3.9k? many are suggesting a 4.7k, I don't agree with the 1.8k.

where have you hidden the switch? I was planning to put the resistor behind the plastic cover behind engine but doesn't look big enough for a switch

thanks

""Any resistor between 2,000 ohms (2k) and 3,200 ohms (3.2k) when fitted in series with the thermistor will keep the EGR valve closed. If you want to remove the thermistor out of the circuit then 3,900 ohm (3.9k) is the minimum.""

just noticed this back further. Why are you trying to remove the thermistor completely I thought the goal was just to keep the EGR valve closed?

sorry if you have been through all this
    2012 PB challenger 4WD, pretty much stock, Munji EGR electronic block, Rhino Rack SX roof platform system, Rhino Rack 2.5m X 2.5m awning.

Comment

• tritonl2000
      • May 2017
      • Away

Hi,
      I'm new here, just wondering how the egr cancel is working with people. How many kilometers have you done with it?

Does anyone have trouble with overfuelling, it seems to be mentioned in a previous post that that sensor is linked to fuelling.

I have a DPF filter too, how will it affect that?

Just to clarify, I like this idea a lot, I'm just trying to make sure that I'm not going to affect anything else.

Thanks

Comment

• Kingbrown
        Valued Member
        • Apr 2012
        • Port Augusta - SA

75000 trouble-free km for me with the egr eliminated. Initially with a blanking plate for about 10000km but then via the AIT resistor modification.

Not sure about a DPF on a PB Challenger.
        Yours would have to be the only one in existence I think.

Fuelling issues arise from either the MAF sensor being dirty (in the same assembly as the air intake temperature sensor) or else poor connections within the plug/socket of the MAF sensor.
        2012 PB Challenger LS Manual

Comment

• Toddyh
          Valued Member
          • Nov 2013
          • Lalor Park, NSW

No DPF for me but I've had the resistor installed for 120,000km. No problems. Just had the valves adjusted and they commented that the intake was pretty clean so I guess it's doing the job.
          2010 PB LS- ARB Bull Bar, Runva 11XP winch, Cooper ST Maxx 265/70/17, Ultimate suspension lift, Bushskinz plates, Kaymar rear bar with single wheel carrier.

Comment

• amec
            Valued Member
            • Mar 2015
            • Wamberal

45000ks no issues.
            PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• amec
              Valued Member
              • Mar 2015
              • Wamberal

Originally posted by Kingbrown View Post

Not sure about a DPF on a PB Challenger.
              Yours would have to be the only one in existence I
              Could it be the new challenger perhaps? Does that have a DPF
              PC Challenger. TJM bar and winch. Dual battery with Redarc dc-dc, Redarc trailer brake controller. USB outlets everywhere, Uniden UH5060 UHF, $0.45 EGR mod. Lovells springs and Bilstein shocks For 50mm lift. LED spotties. MM 4X4 Automate. Airtec snorkel, Hancook dynapro, Bushskinz skid plates x3 + side steps.Torqit peddle thing. Torqit Power Module.

Comment

• itsamitsi
                Valued Member
                • Aug 2015
                • Hervey Bay Queensland

Mine's done just on 50K and all good.
                Paul 2015 PC Challenger LS Auto - 2" Ultimate lift, Duraturn 265/70/17 A/Ts , catch can and resistor mod, Custom MCC Bullbar ,12000lb winch , Dual batteries ,Boo's Bash plates ,E-Drive throttle controller,Auto Mate, In car entertainment and more.

Comment

• johndavis125262
                  • Apr 2013
                  • brisbane

same as above all good regards john

Comment

• 02-SR5
                    Valued Member
                    • Dec 2010
                    • Toowoomba

If you fit a good catch can, do you still have to block the EGR?
                    MY17 Triton GLX Plus with Mitsubishi Canopy. Keeping it light and simple. 265/70/16 Nitto's, Bilstien shocks, Kings Springs front, Formula leafs rear, ECB nudge bar, Ligjtforce 170's, twin batteries and a ARB fridge.

Comment

• Legs11
                      • Oct 2014
                      • Ipswich, QLD

Originally posted by 02-SR5 View Post
                      If you fit a good catch can, do you still have to block the EGR?
                      A good catch can removes the majority of oil from the intake, but not all. So either a catch can or the EGR block/deactivation are good on their own, but having both is the ideal situation.
                      2014 PC Challenger manual with an extensive list of mods - seat covers and a towbar

Comment

• Camsally
                        • Jul 2012
                        • Toowoomba

Resistor installed at 60000 km and now done 140000 km. wonderful clean inlet and no oily gunk. Roo Systems remap and very happy.
                        2012 PB LS Auto, Cooper AT3 265/65/17, ARB bar, Redarc Dual Battery controller, Scangauge II, TPMS, King Springs 2" (200Kg rear springs), Bilstein Shocks and Air Bags, Factory tow bar, Anderson plug, Rear single draw ORS, Foxwing awning, Rhino roof racks and Tracks, Uniden UHF 80 Channel, 7" Chinese GPS with OziExplorer and Hema maps, Engel fridge and ORS slide, IPF 800 HID converted Spotties, 20" Light Bar, 110lt replacement tank, Complete Campsite 2010 Exodus 11 Off Road camper

Comment

• tritonl2000
                          • May 2017
                          • Away

Thanks for all those replies. Do you know if this temp sensor alters fuelling at all?

Comment

• old Jack
                            Regular
                            • Jun 2011
                            • Adelaide, South Australia.

Originally posted by tritonl2000 View Post
                            Thanks for all those replies. Do you know if this temp sensor alters fuelling at all?
                            The number 1 temperature sensor that is a combined with the MAF sensor is only used to tell the Engine ECU the unboosted inlet air temperature is below 10C and not to operate the EGR system.

OJ.
                            2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                            MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

• Last Mohican
                              • Mar 2016
                              • Sydney

I installed the resistor mod from new on my PC , no issues so far but not many Kms as yet.
                              December/2015 PC LS Challenger (last one)

Comment

• challenger121
                                • Dec 2016
                                • perth

Does anyone have any experience using the plug and play EGR delete kit form munji 4x4?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X