• Show
Clear All
  • littleriver
    Valued Member
    • Jan 2013
    • Queensland

now listed on Mitsubishi website
    can also download brochure

2012 PB Challenger LS (Manual) Safari Snorkel, OZtec shocks front & rear with King Springs (lift 2 inch) , 22 inch light bar on ECB Nudge bar, roof racks & basket, Bridgestone Duelers 697 LT A/T (116S), Uniden Dash cam, Oricom 2 way radio 80 channel, Ipod connected via glove box usb, Waeco cf50, Garmin gps (with topo), Opticoat + paint protection, Nilrust proofing, Roosystems Ecu Remap

Comment

• Yclept
      Valued Member
      • Jan 2013
      • Sydney

Originally posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
      you can down load maps before you leave,you dont need phone service for the gps to work on you r phone.There are a ton of navigation apps available
      Google maps only alows a 50km x 50km map download. It would become a bit tedious to have to download such small chunks when doing a big trip off the beaten track.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• Merts
        Valued Member
        • Nov 2011
        • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by Yclept View Post
        Google maps only alows a 50km x 50km map download. It would become a bit tedious to have to download such small chunks when doing a big trip off the beaten track.
        If you are doing an 'off the beaten track' trip standard road navigation apps including google maps are pretty useless anyway. You need something like the Hema Maps app which has all the decent Topo maps stored on your device and doesn't require cell coverage to operate.
        Merts
        Impulse Blue 2015 MQ Triton GLS Auto

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
        Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Previously a Gunmetal 2007 NS VRX DiD Auto

Comment

• Yclept
          Valued Member
          • Jan 2013
          • Sydney

Originally posted by Merts View Post
          If you are doing an 'off the beaten track' trip standard road navigation apps including google maps are pretty useless anyway. You need something like the Hema Maps app which has all the decent Topo maps stored on your device and doesn't require cell coverage to operate.
          Yeah, sloppy wording on my part. I meant when you lose mobile coverage, which means you don't have to be very far from anything. I sometimes have trouble with coverage in my lounge room.

The next part of the equation then becomes whether other mapping apps are Android Auto compatible or if Google will allow them on the platform.

Cheers, Brett

2013 NW Pajero VRX - White - 3000kg Tow Kit - Sports Mesh Grille - Bonnet & Light Protectors/Weathershields - Thule Wingbar - Tyre Snake - Couplertec Electronic Rustproofing - Maxtrax Mk1 - Piranha Aux Battery Tray - Redarc 1240 Charger - ARB 47 Litre Fridge - MSA Fridge Drop Slide - Autosafe Half Cargo Barrier - ORS Drawers - ARB Deluxe Bullbar - GME TX3540 UHF & AE4703 Antenna - ARB Intensity Lights - ARB Onboard Compressor - Bilstein/Dobinsons Susp - Bushskinz x 4

Comment

• Yclept
            Valued Member
            • Jan 2013
            • Sydney

The next part of the equation then becomes whether other mapping apps are Android Auto compatible or if Google will allow them on the platform.
            I've just been reading the Mitsubishi FAQ on Android Auto and it seems that Google Maps ares the only maps that you can use. This could have been a good way to be able to have say, the Tom Tom app/Here Maps and Hema/Ozi Explorer available on the one built in device. Opportunity lost!

And there aren't too many other useful apps that can be used either so it looks like another MMCS disappointment to me.

Cheers, Brett

Comment

• Merts
              Valued Member
              • Nov 2011
              • Bendigo Vic

I've just been reading the Mitsubishi FAQ on Android Auto and it seems that Google Maps ares the only maps that you can use. This could have been a good way to be able to have say, the Tom Tom app/Here Maps and Hema/Ozi Explorer available on the one built in device. Opportunity lost!

And there aren't too many other useful apps that can be used either so it looks like another MMCS disappointment to me.

http://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au/...e51b-116422825
              Mmm. That is disappointing. Looks like I will have to buy that seat frame mount and holder for my iPad after all.
              Merts

ARB Summit front & rear bars and side steps, Carryboy canopy and rack, Safari Snorkel, VRS 9500 winch, Gecko 16x7 rims with BFG 245/75r16 KM3s, Uniden 8080s UHF, Darche 270 awning
              Dobinson heavy duty suspension, Harrop rear Elocker, Supertrim Neoprene Seat Covers, Drifta drawers, MSA drop slide, dual battery system and ARB onboard compressor. National Campers Hermit.

Comment

• Yclept
                Valued Member
                • Jan 2013
                • Sydney

Seems the Android Auto navigation issue is a bit touchy for Mitsubishi. On the Mitsubishi Australia Facebook page someone asked a question about how it worked, because he couldn't find a dealer who had a clue, and got a fob off marketing answer. I added some info and when the OP came back indicating that was a deal breaker for him the whole post has suddenly disappeared. Hmmmm....

Cheers, Brett

Comment

• Merts
                  Valued Member
                  • Nov 2011
                  • Bendigo Vic

My NS doesn't have inbuilt sat nav, so I use either a Garmin stuck to the windscreen, or my phone (a Samsung Note 3) in a cradle also stuck the the windscreen. The apps on the phone are great and it has voice recognition which works very well. If I'm in a location where the network coverage isn't good I just use the Garmin.

I have the Hema Maps on an iPad for remote and or off road areas.

I reckon if I update to a new Pajero I will continue to do the same thing.
                  Merts

Comment

• spot01
                    Valued Member
                    • Apr 2011
                    • Adelaide

Appears to me that MMAL are de-specing the Pajero a bit as time passes, with the MY16 continuing the trend.

Sat Nav now requires the customer to supply equipment & data to work.
                    GLX no longer has HID headlights, levellers & washers.
                    GLS "leather" seat bolsters no longer real leather (changed from NW VRX to NX GLS).
                    There are probably other unmentioned changes to cut costs.

Shame they didn't change the GLX wheels back to 17 inch.
                    Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Merts
                      Valued Member
                      • Nov 2011
                      • Bendigo Vic

Originally posted by spot01 View Post
                      Appears to me that MMAL are de-specing the Pajero a bit as time passes, with the MY16 continuing the trend.

GLS "leather" seat bolsters no longer real leather (changed from NW VRX to NX GLS).

It certainly looks that way.

Dropping the HID lights on the GLX is a bit of a disappointment.

I have no idea why anyone thinks 'partial' leather seats are a selling point, and partial vinyl is ridiculous. I reckon either cloth or full leather. Anything else is pointless.

17 inch wheels would be nice. If it were up to me I'd be putting 17s on all models with an option for 18s for those who want them.
                      Last edited by Merts; 15-09-15, 02:42 PM. Reason: typo. 7 inch wheels wouldn't be very practical :)
                      Merts

Comment

• spot01
                        Valued Member
                        • Apr 2011
                        • Adelaide

Originally posted by Merts View Post
                        I have no idea why anyone thinks 'partial' leather seats are a selling point, and partial vinyl is ridiculous. I reckon either cloth or full leather. Anything else is pointless............
                        I find the partial leather seats have better/firmer side support than the full cloth seats - not sure if they have different padding or if it just the firmer covering. I would have preferred full leather, but the Exceed $$$ are over the top IMO. BTW, I won't even start about sunroofs in Oz........
                        Pajero NX MY21 GLS

Comment

• Fritterbug
                          Valued Member
                          • May 2013
                          • Brisbane

Originally posted by spot01 View Post

I have a MY14 VRX and the seat bolsters aren't real leather. They are a cheap looking fake leather like the rest of the leather bits in the car. I haven't taken any notice of the MY15+ GLS so can't compare. Nice enough to sit on but they are not leather.

If you look at all the diiferent model years you will find that Mitsubishi alters the spec somehow every time. Also the price. Makes it difficult to compare models.

As for the satnav change I think they are just moving with the times. People complain bitterly about poor maps and upgrades plus unintuitive controls. So Mitsubishi have given us the ability to have much better always up to date maps and (I assume) a common Android interface. At the moment this has come at a cost of offline use but I think it is only a matter of time before at least Android opens it up to third party mapping apps.
                          MY14 Pajero VRX

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Matched content

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X