• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • baggins
    • Feb 2012
    • melbourne

Wonnangatta

Afternoon all. Heading to the Vic high country this weekend and was wounded it if anyone had been into the wonnongatta valley recently. I’ve been in before but the forecast rain has me a little concerned now. Was planning on coming from the north
    East buffalo, east riley and wonnongatta track.. lunch in the valley and back out the same way. Taking my parents so I’m not camping out.
    Also considering blue rag is it still in good shape. Had been recently graded a while back is it still good...?
    Any advise on the recent conditions would be very welcome
  • Old Paj
    Pajero Club Life Member
    • Jun 2007
    • Heathcote, Vic

Wonnangatta

On the Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria muster over Easter, both locations were visited. While I didn't go to Wonnangatta, Blue rag was fine, with a loose surface but that was about it. We went in via Blue Rag Range Track and out via Richies all were good. The biggest issue was that being Easter there were veritable truck loads of visitors.

Others went into Wonnangatta, so I am sure someone will respond.
    NX Pajero, Duel Batteries (under bonnet), Factory Nudge Bar, Kings Springs, Bilstein Shocks, TowPro Elite, Icom IC-450, Cooper ST-Maxx Tyres (off road), AutoMate, towing 2015 Vista Crossover XL.

Comment

• baggins
      • Feb 2012
      • melbourne

Originally posted by Old Paj View Post
      On the Pajero 4WD Club of Victoria muster over Easter, both locations were visited. While I didn't go to Wonnangatta, Blue rag was fine, with a loose surface but that was about it. We went in via Blue Rag Range Track and out via Richies all were good. The biggest issue was that being Easter there were veritable truck loads of visitors.

Others went into Wonnangatta, so I am sure someone will respond.
      Great info thanks very much. Thanks for the confidence I’m not I tested in getting stuck with my parents in the car.

Comment

• Lazarus
        Valued Member
        • Jan 2008
        • Melbourne, Western suburbs

Wonnangatta in and out in one day will be one hard day mate. 6 hrs driving from Myrtleford both ways.
        No way u can do blue rag in the same day.
        NW 2014 MY14 GLX-R, auto, BushSkinz bashplates, Pedders TrakRyder foam cell 2' lift, Falken AT3W LT, Rhino Pioneer 6 platform, flip key, Redarc BCDC40 and 135 amps lithium battery, Torque Pro OBD, EVC Throttle controller, ARB Compressor, LED lights (internal and outside), Uniden UHF, ARB Frontier 128L long range fuel tank.

Comment

• baggins
          • Feb 2012
          • melbourne

Originally posted by Lazarus View Post
          Wonnangatta in and out in one day will be one hard day mate. 6 hrs driving from Myrtleford both ways.
          No way u can do blue rag in the same day.
          Not intending to do both in one day. Saturday one Sunday the other.

Comment

• Samuel
            • Feb 2017
            • Melbourne

What are the river crossings like getting in to Wonnangatta? Thinking about heading up before it gets too cold but not everyone I'd be heading out with has a snorkel. Obviously it depends on rainfall and time of year, but as a rule how is it?

Comment

• baggins
              • Feb 2012
              • melbourne

From the north I only remember the Wonnangatta river itself being anything serious. But the bottom is hard. I’ll let you know on Sunday night when I get back.

Comment

• Chris9753
                • Jul 2015
                • Victoria

Did Dargo to Mrytleford a month ago, all rivers low and no problems without a snorkel (I don't have one). April is also driest month of the year here so you should be right but [B]always[B] check the forecast!
                2014 GLS
                MMS Towbar, Redarc Tow Pro, Ultra Gauge, McHitch, Icom 450, Dual Batteries, Old Man Emu suspension, FOBO TPMS, full set Boo's Bash plates.

Comment

• baggins
                  • Feb 2012
                  • melbourne

Originally posted by Chris9753 View Post
                  Did Dargo to Mrytleford a month ago, all rivers low and no problems without a snorkel (I don't have one). April is also driest month of the year here so you should be right but [B]always[B] check the forecast!
                  Thanks very much for the reply

Comment

• milney
                    • May 2016
                    • Melbourne

I rolled into Wonnangatta over Easter. All tracks I did were in good condition and very dry.

All river crossings were axle deep or lower.

Blue Rag I did over Christmas and it was in good condition, as previously said, just some loose rock sections but nothing to worry about.

Comment

• baggins
                      • Feb 2012
                      • melbourne

Great thank you

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X