• Show
Clear All
  • sharkcaver
    "2000"+ Valued Contributor
    • May 2009
    • Perth

Loose ends

Filling in the blanks from 2017:

MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys
  • KiwiNTPajero
    Valued Member
    • Aug 2014
    • Wellington,New Zealand

like the look of that tablet,is that a ram mount of the seat rail?
    2009 NT GLS(NZ) diesel LWB auto
    BFG AT,Rhino Rack Vortex Bars,Foxwing Eco Awning,BUSHSKINZ I/C, sump guards and steps

"do not check the button for faster communication, this will throw a wobbly with some dongles"

Comment

• sharkcaver
      • May 2009
      • Perth

Originally posted by KiwiNTPajero View Post
      like the look of that tablet,is that a ram mount of the seat rail?
      Yes, you got it in one. I wasnt convinced when i made the switch from pc ozi, but i am now. Just a bit of ginning around getting data onto the pc once hme, but i can live with that
      MY16 NX GLX5 with just a few bits added. MY14 D-max spacecab, also with a few bits added.

My Journeys

Comment

• Garc
        • May 2015
        • Perth

Nice stuff, I like the new “in car” camera angle and your in car audio is really good.
        Thanks
        Gary

2008 NS DiD Exceed. MM factory alloy full bar, Autosafe cargo barrier, Roley's rear bash plate, Uniden 8080 UHF, Kings 120A lithium battery in rear cargo area, Renogy DCDC charger, fire ext mounted in place of rear door handle, Redarc EBC, BushSkinz IC & sump. ARB Frontier replacement fuel tank, Pedders track rider suspension. Lockup Mate.

Comment

• sharkcaver
          • May 2009
          • Perth

Thanks mate. yep, you poor bastards, now you will have to look at me as well

I'd been thinking of another camera for a while now, another hero 4 silver, so all my bats and accessories are the same. Now its an obsolete model, it seems the only option is on the 2nd hand market (just a tip - office works are clearing the last of their hero 4's for $328. I would ring first to confirm stock, get them to check Product Code: GPCHDCB401 - https://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/...dle-gpchdcb401 - the only retailer I've found online that are still selling them)

Anyway, ebay recently had 20% off, so I lashed out on a hero 5. Bit of a pain now having to manage 2 different battery types, but it wasn't much more than the office works 4 on clearance.

The 5 should be a superior camera and I can see some of the effects in the audio dept. Picks up sound much better than my 4 with an external mic. However, I believe they do have some audio issues. I saw a vid a couple of days back which I believe was shot on a 5 and it was embarrassingly, very average indeed - spoiled an otherwise quality production. i'm yet to see this on mine, but its a veteran of one trip so far.

I wanted some in car action shots. I thought about on the left pillar somewhere, but in the end went with a roof mount, that way I can control its functions without remote, saving battery life. It would be better if it was a little lower, but it will have to do unless I conjure up a light globe moment.

For the roof mount, I removed the xmas tree plug, whacked a nutsert into the hole and bolted my mount to that.

Anyway, part II with a bit more action/scenery should be uploaded tonight.

My Journeys

Comment

• greybeard
            • Jan 2008
            • WA

I think they've got a cure for 'loose ends' these days. It's not something you have to endure like the bloke in the pictures with the grey hair would remember from the olden days.

Comment

• sharkcaver
              • May 2009
              • Perth

Originally posted by greybeard View Post
              I think they've got a cure for 'loose ends' these days. It's not something you have to endure like the bloke in the pictures with the grey hair would remember from the olden days.
              Hahah Mr Imodium, you still around then.....

Good to see.
              Last edited by sharkcaver; 05-03-18, 07:52 PM.

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                • May 2009
                • Perth

part II now up:

My Journeys

Comment

• sharkcaver
                  • May 2009
                  • Perth

The trip concludes:

My Journeys

Comment

• Hatto
                    Valued Member
                    • Nov 2013
                    • Mandurah WA

Awesome. Another place to add to the "to go" list.
                    Cheers, Hatto

2012 NW GLS Diesel Auto with:
                    ARB delux bar, full length Ocam ally roof rack with rear LED work light, dual batteries, DIY rear ally drawers with fridge slide, 2" lift oztec/kings, Polyairs, Kings awning 2.5 x 2.5m with LED strip light, pair of genr8 40w LED spot/flood driving lights, iron man 4x4 22" LED light bar, mounted thumper compressor, 70L water tank & 12v pump, 120w solar, LED interior lights, Boo Boo's bash plates, Safari snorkel and Grande mk lll 12000lb winch.

Comment

• sharkcaver
                      • May 2009
                      • Perth

Tying up the loose ends from 2017. Finally done!

February 24 - 27 So another 4 days off and I get to catch up with Steve and his boy, Daniel for a few days away. This was pretty cool as ...

My Journeys

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X